The Callahan Dynasty

By MissWorld2o15

"When you're a Callahan, love is the rarest form of pleasure you can ever be fortunate enough to experience."... More

Introduction
My One and Only
Trust
Jason Callahan is at my boyfriends doorstep
Talk to me
Knowing your place
Safety
What it Takes
For Him
The Arrangement
The Plan
Dos and Don'ts of first dates
How to fake date
The Phoenix Hotel
Shocking News
Knowing Where your Loyalties Lie
The deal
Interruptions
The Party
The Meeting
Confessions
What to do next
Polo
Polo II
Her Decision
The Friends
Meeting Diane Coleson
Something Broke
Unsafe
Therapy
The Glam Team
The Car Ride
The Apartment
Rise and Shine
Sick and Tired
The Puppet
No Callahan Zone
Bars
Blame it on the alcohol
Facing Up
The Good Old Days
Punishments
Revenge plots
Thoughts
Intruders
The Breakup
Not so accidental
Interrogations
Interrogations II
The Dream
Cut Off
Rule Breakers
The Sous
The Double Agent
Road Blocks
Brunch
Flowers
Pillow Talk
Training
Pretty Threats
Change of Plans
Seattle
Late Night Calls
Nosy Neighbours
Important Meetings
The Lake House
Runaway
Escape Plan
Final Tests
Emergency Meetings
The First Fight
Closure
More Truths
Safe House
Reunite
Break Away
The Last Confrontation
The Last Chapter
Epilogue

Paparazzi

487 22 1
By MissWorld2o15

"Really?" I asked Isabella.

"I think you look hot." She shrugged.

I scrunched my nose at my reflection in the mirror. Isa had thrown me into a short and m white dress with ruffles on the skirt. The dress was gorgeous, don't get me wrong but the price was tag worth more than I have ever spent on food in a week. I only tried the dress on because Isabella insisted but otherwise, there was no way I was getting it.

"This is just not.... me."

"That's the point, you're not supposed to look like you. You're supposed to look like a girl worthy of being in the Callahans presence."

I snorted and turned to look at her with my hands on my hips. "Oh yeah? And what's a girl worthy of being in the Callahans presence supposed to look like?"

Isa sat up on the plush love seat they had put in the waiting area of the boutique we were in.
"A girl worthy of being in the Callahans presence is wildly beautiful, she is classy and fashion forward, she is sophisticated and she stands out."

I pretended to think. "Hmm.... lets see, I have zero out of those three qualities." I slipped off the heels that were hurting my feet. "This is never going to work, Isa."

She got up and walked towards me. She on the other hand looked born to be a runway model in her platinum sleeveless jumpsuit, her dark hair was up in a simple ponytail and her makeup looked like it had been done by a professional make up artist.

Sure I've always known how gorgeous Isa was. I've always been a bit envious actually but now she looked simply flawless. She looked like everything she expected me to be.

Isabella put her hand on my shoulder.
"You've got all those things and more, sweetie. You can do this. Do it for Alex especially. You didn't know him before but I've known him my whole life and I know that he has changed for the better since he met you."

Her words warmed my heart. It felt good to know that I had at least done something to make his life better because him and Isabella made my life a whole lot better just by entering it.

"What was he like before?"

Isa gave me a weak smile. "A jerk. A huge jerk. But that was only after he had gone through a lot of life changing things. It's not my story to tell but I hope one day he'll tell you himself."

I nodded understanding her position. Alex has always been secretive. I never tried to push him in fear of having him close up forever.

"What about you?"

"What about me?" She asked.

"What happened for you to hate Jason so much?"

She was taken a back for a second but quickly built her defences back up.

As I said, Isa has never been the type to open up easily. She moved to the nearest clothing rack and kept going through the clothes.

"Have you met him?" She asked with a humourless laugh. "I mean can you blame me?"

"Well an outsider, no, but you grew up with him. You should be immune to his jerk like behaviour by now."

She was avoiding eye contact now. "Honestly, Katie, I don't hate Jason. There are just some things he has done that I can't forgive him for."

I didn't ask any more questions and I didn't have the chance to anyway because at that moment three girls came waltzing towards us.

"Isabella?" a dark haired pretty Asian girl exclaimed.
Isabella looked up and a huge smile (obviously fake) grew on her face.

"Channel! Lila! Britney!"

I watched as the four girls gave each other hugs like they were old friends.

"I heard you were back and I totally wanted to get in touch with you but you know these things." The blonde spoke.

"Of course, I understand." Isabella replied.

"Who's your friend?" The Asian girl spoke as her brown eyes landed on me. They ran across my body like a vulture eyeing its prey. All the while a smile remained on her face.

"She's pretty." The red head commented.

"Tell me about it, those cheek bones." The blonde added.

"And that rocking bod, you could be a runway model. Are you?" The Asian asked.

"She's done a few things for Victoria Secret." Isabella spoke before I could.

Was she crazy? I had never even seen a Victoria Secret show in my life.

"Yeah but nothing too big, just a few shows." I spoke up.

"Oh." The blonde spoke. "Well we can't all start out big. Channel here started out modelling for Gap kids and in no time Chanel Jane was blowing up her phone."

The Asian flipped her hair. "Well I think it has something to do with the fact that we have the same name. She's obsessed with me, it's so annoying. Her real name isn't even Chanel you know-"

"Why don't we save the gossip for another place, preferably one that doesn't sell her products." Isabella spoke.

The Asian girl, Chanel didn't seem at all thrilled about being interrupted but incredulously, that fake smile didn't waver.

"Like Mr Callahans birthday bash perhaps?" She suggested.

"You will be there won't you?" The blonde asked. "After you and Harry's sudden 'disappearance'. I hear that he's not too thrilled with either of you." The blondes eyes widened and I had seen that look before, on many women who were looking for a juicy story so that they could gossip about it later.

The Isabella I knew would have exploded like a fire cracker but this more gorgeous Isabella remained calm and kept smiling. Although I saw her finger twitch a bit.

"Mr Callahan is like a second father to me, of course I'll be there. And Harry's and my 'trip' was nothing he didn't know about."

"Although you do have to admit, it was quite scandalous." Chanel pipped up. "You leaving with your financès cousin for almost two years without a word?"

I froze. Fiancè? Was she talking about Jason?

"Honey." Isabella spoke in a sickly sweet voice. "I had just lost my little brother, I left because Mr Callahan thought it would be best for me to be away from our home for a while. Harry offered to accompany me because we grew up together and he's like a brother to me. You would do well to not talk about things you do not have a clue about."

The three girls remained silent, looking like scared puppies.

Heck, even I was afraid.

Isa mentioned the death of a brother. I figured it was one of her relatives and not an actual biological brother. Like the way Jason and Anthony refer to Alex as their brother when he is in fact their cousin.

I couldn't recall a time when a member of the Callahan family died. Whenever a Callahan dies, be it a distant Aunt or a nephew no one has ever even heard about, you can expect a grand funeral with tonnes of media coverage.
I do however recall a time when Jason had a safety scare, it was all over the news but I never really paid attention, I just know Jason's bodyguards were there to protect him.

"Speak of the devil and the devil will appear." The red head spoke.

I didn't even hear the commotion outside as the door opened and Jason Callahan along with his body guards walked in. The ladies in the boutique all stopped what they were doing to whisper among themselves and stare.

"Great." I heard Isa mutter under her breath.

"Hello ladies." Jason greeted as he slipped off his sunglasses.

"Hey Jason." The three girls chorused.

Isa all but rolled her eyes as her friends played with their hair and batted their eyes on an attempt to get Jasons attention.

"What are you doing here?" Isabella asked Jason.

"Ladies, may I talk to my friends in private?"

Jealousy filled the three girls eyes as they begun to walk away.

Chanel let her hand linger on Jasons arm. "I'll see you around, right Mr Callahan?"

Jason smirked as his eyes lingered on her chest. "Of course."

He turned around to watch her as she walked away.

It took all my strength not to scoff.

"You're both incredibly vain and irritating. You would be perfect for each other." Isabella spoke with her hands folded over her chest.

"Well that could be true but there's only one person who I could ever love."

"And you look at him every day in the mirror."

"Isa-"

"What are you doing here?" She asked through gritted teeth.

Jason gestured to me with his head.

"I'm here to take over babysitting duty."

"Like hell you are." Isabella snapped.

"I assume Harry didn't tell you." Jason spoke.

Isabella rose a brow at him. "Tell me what?"

"His little princess is going to be living with me."

Isabella let out a humourless laugh. "Right and Anthony just loves his wife." She spoke sacarstically.

"It's true Isa." I spoke in a small voice. I wasn't the least bit happy about the living arrangements either.

Isabella looked at me with wide eyes then back at Jason.

"Hell no! There's no way Harry would ever agree to any of this!" She yelled.

A lot of people were carefully studying the commotion.

Jason took his phone out of his pocket and handed it to Isa. "Go ahead and call him."
Isabella snatched the phone and dialled a number before walking away.

A few minutes later I could hear a whole lot of yelling in Spanish.

Jason nodded at me. "Go get dressed."

I obeyed without question. I walked back to the dressing room and took off the white dress before slipping back into the outfit Isabella had lent to me which wasn't at all my style either but she said and I quote, 'it's the simplest thing in my closet'.

When I went back, Isa was yelling at Jason.
"... and if anything happens to her, I swear to God Jason Callahan-"

"Trust me I've received enough threats. I don't want to listen to them anymore." He put his hand on Isa's forearm. "

"Je veux parler de nous"

Isa pulled away. "I will never forgive you, Jason."

The look on Jasons face was heartbreaking.
He loved her. I saw that now. He must have made a really big mistake to lose all her trust like that.

"I'm ready." I spoke up getting their attention.
Isa walked towards me and wrapped me in a hug.

"You're going to go with him. I have to stay here and pick out some more clothes for you." I had a feeling there was another reason she wanted to stay but I didn't say anything.

"Okay." I nodded.

She pulled away from the hug. She looked at Jason when she spoke her next words. "If he tries anything, go for the nuts."

When she walked away, Jason looked at my outfit but didn't say anything, instead he grabbed my forearm and pulled me towards the exit where his guards waited patiently.

What a gentleman. I thought to myself.

One of the guards stepped forward and whispered something in Jasons ear.

Jasons facial expression grew furious. "Are you sure?" He asked.

"Dammit!" Jason muttered as he clenched his free hand. "And the back exit?"

"They're there too." The bodyguard responded.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

As expected, Jason didn't respond. He just looked around the store where various women were still stealing glances at him.

"You know maybe if you told me I could actually help." I told him.

"Oh yeah? Do you know how to get rid of the paparazzi?" Jason growled.

I looked out the window and again I wondered how I hadn't noticed the men with cameras.

"Crap! How the hell did they know I was here?" He muttered.

"I don't get it, aren't you used to the paparazzi?" I asked knowing he had practically grown up surrounded by people wanting to take his picture.

"No one ever gets used to the paparazzi." He replied. "Besides, the problem isn't about how I feel about the paparazzi. It's about how the paparazzi will feel about you."

I knew he was right, I was supposed to be keeping a low profile until Alex could tell Mr Callahan about me.

"Then why I don't just stay back while you lead them away."

"That won't help, people have seen you here with me. Someone will tip the paparazzi off the minute I open this door."

Jason cursed then turned back to look at the body guards.

"There's no point in staying here all day." He shut his eyes as if to calm himself down. He took me by surprise by throwing an arm over my shoulder and pulling me close.

I didn't question his actions because I knew I probably wouldn't get a proper answer anyway. But I still felt uncomfortable.

"Lets go." He told the guards.

One of them opened the door as the other led us out.

Immediately I heard yelling and the flashing of cameras blinded me.

"Mr Callahan!"
"Jason!"
"Who's that?"
"A new girlfriend?"
"What are you doing here?"
"Did your father really say he hates the Red Skins?"
"Jason! Smile for us!"
"Jason is that your girlfriend?"
"Where's Isabella?"
"Jason what did you buy for your girlfriend?"
"Yo Jason!"

Jason stopped abruptly confusing both me and his guards.

"Play along." He whispered in my ear.
I felt his arms slide to my waist and pull me closer. His face was so close to mine.

"What are you-"

Before I could complete my question, his lips were on mine.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.7M 413K 100
What does it mean to be a family? More so, what lengths do we go to for family? Sienna D'Angelo was a regular girl with an unusual upbringing. She al...
6.7M 129K 30
"You wanted more, more, more! You're nothing but a gold-digger!" He shouted, and I gasped. Rafael Luciano, the love of my life; a sweet, handsome, am...
28.1K 749 30
Status- Completed Completed on- 10/02/2021 πŸ‘©β€β€οΈβ€πŸ‘¨π•Šπ•šπ•“π•π•šπ•Ÿπ•˜'π•€πŸ‘©β€β€οΈβ€πŸ‘¨ 4 over protective brothers 1 little sister. . . They had to let their li...
1.5M 39.1K 28
Olivia has wanted out of the mafia life since her mother was killed, but when she is for to marry the oldest Cortez to keep her brother from being ki...