Never • The Lost Daughter | A...

By RennieLiawall

❛And do you know what's the stupidest thing about this?❜ said Draco and made an aggressive step towards me. ❛... More

Chapter 1 - Introduction
Chapter 2 - Hogwarts
Chapter 3 - Sorting Hat
Chapter 4 - No New Start
Chapter 5 - Astronomy Tower
Chapter 6 - Dementors (3d year)
Chapter 7 - Malfoy in Love
Chapter 8 - Like You Meant It
Chapter 9 - Dumbledore and his Secrets
Chapter 10 - Unavoidable
Chapter 11 - Astronomy Tower Once Again
Chapter 12 - Catching Up
Chapter 13 - Hogsmeade
Chapter 14 - Vision
Chapter 15 - Truth and Other Lies
Chapter 16 - Secrets Coming Out
Chapter 17 - Two Worlds
Chapter 18 - Colors (3d Year's End)
Chapter 19 - Quidditch World Cup (4th Year)
Chapter 20 - The Attack
Chapter 21 - Ride Back
Chapter 22 - Triwizard Tournament
Chapter 23 - The Kiss
Chapter 24 - Liars
Chapter 25 - The Dead Boy
Chapter 26 - An Unexpected Task
Chapter 27 - Dancing
Chapter 28 - The Yule Ball
Chapter 29 - Second Task
Chapter 30 - Cedric's Death
Chapter 31 - Goodbyes
Chapter 32 - The Malfoys
Chapter 33 - Voldemort
Chapter 34 - The Heir
Chapter 35 - Choice
Chapter 36 - Don't You Care?
Chapter 37 - Narcissa
Chapter 38 - Leaving mind
Chapter 39 - Sirius
Chapter 40 - Spy
Chapter 41 - Traitress
Chapter 42 - We Are Enemies Now
Chapter 43 - I Won't Stop
Chapter 44 - Revealed
Chapter 45 - Power
Chapter 46 - The Hearing
Chapter 47 - Falling Apart
Chapter 48 - A New Friend
Chapter 49 - Kinda Depressed
Chapter 50 - Fully Depressed
Chapter 51 - Room of Requirement
Chapter 52 - No Middle Ground
Chapter 53 - Torturing a Daughter
Chapter 54 - Fathers and Daughters
Chapter 55 - Losing
Chapter 56 - He's Back
Chapter 57 - Lies of Albus
Chapter 58 - A Great Fight Coming
Chapter 59 - Death Eater
Chapter 60 - "Sophie, Is That You?"
Chapter 61 - The Kiss
Chapter 62 - Lupin
Chapter 63 - Harry Potter and the Lost Daughter
Chapter 64 - Caught
Chapter 65 - Shut Her Away
Chapter 66 - Jealous Liar
Chapter 67 - Whispers
Chapter 68 - Curses
Chapter 69 - Never
Chapter 70 - Tireless
Chapter 71 - Respect
Chapter 72 - Burning
Chapter 73 - Last Wish
Chapter 74 - Sectumsempra
Chapter 75 - Some Last Words
Chapter 76 - The Death of Albus Dumbledore
Chapter 77 - The Will of Albus Dumbledore
Chapter 78 - The Wedding
Chapter 79 - Dead
Chapter 80 - The Last Letter
Chapter 81 - Torture Me
Chapter 82 - The Escape
Chapter 83 - Phoenix
Chapter 84 - Reunion
Chapter 85 - Godric's Hollow
Chapter 86 - Choices
Chapter 87 - Cursed
Chapter 88 - Madness
Chapter 89 - Trapped
Chapter 90 - Ritual
Chapter 91 - Rescue
Chapter 92 - The Face of Torment
Chapter 93 - The Battle of Hogwarts • Return to the Battle
Chapter 94 - The Battle of Hogwarts • Always
Chapter 95 - The Battle of Hogwarts • The Memoirs of Sophialine
Chapter 96 - The Battle of Hogwarts • The Piece Inside Her
Chapter 97 - The Battle of Hogwarts • Mothers and Daughters
Chapter 98 - Someday
Chapter 100 - Thank You

Chapter 99 - Astronomy Tower Once Again

71.5K 1.8K 5.2K
By RennieLiawall

NINETEEN YEARS LATER

I woke up soaking in sweat and tears. It was another nightmare, the fifth one in a row. The torturing dream again. I shook up and I woke Draco with my screams. 

"FATHER! FATHER, NO!"

"Anne! Anne!" he said. His voice was rather calm, I guess he had gone used to my screams. He took me in his arms in an instant. "It was just a dream, just a dream. Shhh..." he said. We laid back down still in each other's arms. "Was it the same as last time?" he asked.

"This time he was doing it to you," I answered.

"Don't worry about it, baby..." he said. "He is gone now," he said. It surprised me that nearly after twenty years, I still needed someone to remind me that Voldemort was dead.

We stayed there for long and tried to fall asleep again. I knew neither of us did. On the bedside table, I could see our clock ticking. It was nearly morning and I could see the sky taking a brighter color from our window.

"We have to wake Scorpius soon. It will be his first day in Hogwarts today," he said and tried to sit up.

"Let him sleep a bit more. He had a rough night. I feel terrible and guilty..."

It was only last night that we had told him.

"He couldn't leave for Hogwarts without knowing," answered Draco. I heard his voice and it was weaker this time. There was some sadness, some bitterness hovering between us and we would both cry if I didn't stand.

I wore my nightgown, which was still lying on the carpet thanks to Draco's efforts last night. I walked to the balcony and the chill of the morning breeze made the hair on my back stand. I looked out and imagined I was looking outside the Astronomy Tower once again.

Draco was standing behind me. "Do you ever miss the Astronomy Tower?" he asked as if he had known what I was thinking.

"Sometimes more than others," I said. "I would like to see it for one last time, you know," I said.

"We can arrange that, baby. Anything you want," he said and tied his hands around my waste. I could feel his head placed on my back. I could feel that he was listening to my heartbeat. "Don't go to the Ministry today..." he begged. "I can call the hospital and say I won't go to work today. You can tell them you are sick."

"Tomorrow, Draco. Maybe tomorrow. I have a meeting with the President, today," I answered but I have to admit I was tempted to cancel everything for a day in bed with Draco.

"Tomorrow," he said and kissed the back of my neck. "Let's wake Scorpius up," he walked back into our room.

I looked at my naked hand. The word Traitress carved on my forearm by Bellatrix Lestrange was still there. The ones on my legs had been healed a long time ago with some help from Phoenix but I told him to leave this one. It was a reminder.

As I was dressing up, I felt dizzy. Draco was beside me as well, buttoning a shirt, when he heard me gasp. He turned around and saw me fall so he reached for me. I didn't faint. Just fell down.

"Are you okay?"

"I feel better now. I can stand," I answered and tried to look like this hadn't even happened.

"Are you sure?" he asked. My mouth was forced to a line.

I walked to Scorpius' room to wake him but I didn't find him there. His bed was made and the room was curiously tidy. I wandered around the house to find him. He was nowhere to be found on the third floor. Soon I found him reading at the library. The light next to him was still on; I guess he had stayed up all night reading a book and hadn't even noticed it was daytime.

"Like mother like son, or so I've heard..." whispered Draco in my ear when he noticed me staring at our son.

I laughed a bit and walked into the library to close the light next to him. It was only then that he noticed me and jumped up.

"You startled me!" he said. 

"Did you stay up all night?" I asked, sitting next to him. He nodded and closed the book.

"I haven't finished it yet. Can't I stay here with you until I finish this one? And I have a dozen of them waiting. And what about your must-read list? Maybe I can go to school next year, when I will have finished everything," he said with begging eyes.

"You were excited to go to Hogwarts, Scorpius..." I said. I knew why he didn't really want to leave, and it was my fault. I shouldn't have told him about me last night.

"I don't know..." he said skeptically.

"Come on," I said. "We have to get ready for King's Cross Station," I kissed his forehead.

We watched him get on the train and waving at us with some sadness in his eyes. I didn't want to think that this might be the last time I would see him because I knew I would cry. Soon I teared. Draco put a hand around me and smiled widely.

"Remember our third year?"

"The train?" I asked.

"It was the first time I really saw you," I said. "Good old days..." he said reminiscing. "Scorpius will be just as good."

"That isn't very encouraging. On our ride in the third year, I fainted because of a Dementor," I answered.

"Thank Merlin I was there to catch you. I know, I know. I am amazing," he said and smiled. I pushed an elbow in his ribs and laughed.

"I'll be back in a minute," I said and walked to Hermione. When Hermione saw me she kissed my cheek and hugged me tightly. Even though we were both working at the Ministry we rarely had time to meet without having to talk about work.

"How are you doing? Is your meeting with the President today?"

"It is. We will meet in the afternoon. Listen, Hermione, it is very important that you come to my office as soon as you can. Maybe before 2 o'clock. I have something to tell you," I said hastily.

I walked into the Ministry's Entrance Hall and a crowd of reporters was waiting for me and ran to me when they saw me.

"Minister, what do you have to say about the President's statements?" asked one of them but I didn't answer because I had no idea that the President had already made her statements. I instantly felt anxious about what she could have said.

"Minister, what do you hope to manage with today's meeting?" asked another one. A few cameras flashed.

"The readjustment of the laws enforced in the American community has always been a major issue. The new President seems open to new ideas and she hopes to discuss this more than the last one." That was all I said.

"Minister, you were spotted at St Mungo's yesterday evening. What do you have to say about it?" 

"There is nothing to worry about," I lied.

"Settle down, now! No more reports until the meeting comes to a close. Now, if you would please, take a step back." I heard my guard walking into the crowd and pushing the reporters back. The people didn't back away at once. The questions kept coming. Soon they gave up.

"You are a saint, Ron," I said and breathed out.

On my way to my office, I walked by the place where my father's statue once stood. It had been replaced by a fountain now and in front of it, there was a marble inscription.

LORD VOLDEMORT

1940-1998

57 YEARS, 4 MONTHS, 2 DAYS

DAYS OF FEAR AND TURMOIL

RETRIBUTION IS OURS

I tried not to notice it more than every other day but on this exact morning, it was exceptionally hard.

I couldn't concentrate on foreign affairs in my office. I was glad someone knocked on the door. Hermione came in with a wide smile.

"Good morning, Minister," she said and laughed. "How are you, Anne?"

"Quite fine, thank you..." I said and walked near the glass partition that viewed the Entrance Hall of the Ministry. I focused on the people so I could forget that I'd just lied.

"I read what the President said. I think the meeting will go just fine. She seems more open-minded than that kickback who called himself the American President..."

"Yes, I hope I can help her with the reform. They have it extremely backwards with the laws," I said and walked up and down in the office.

Hermione left back on the desk and watched me. "There is something you wanted to say, is that right?"

"Yes, it is Hermione and thank you for coming. I know your schedule is pretty tight..." I said and avoided her eyes.

"Don't worry about it, Anne. I always have time for my friends. But what is it that you need to tell me? I sense it is not something too good," she said.

"The thing is, Hermione..." I said and walked back to my office. "The thing is that I trust you more than anyone else in this Ministry. You have been a loyal friend all this time and I owe you so much. And you are the only person I would turn to if I ever had to leave," I said, still avoiding to look at her.

"Leave? Where are you going?" she asked.

"I'll be missing for some time. And um... I think that you would be the only person I would trust the Ministry to," I said.

"Oh, okay, then. For how long will you be gone? Will you be going to New York with the President? If it is a matter of a week or two I would be happy to help," she said airily. 

I sat back down and breathed out.

"Hermione..." It was only then that I had the courage to look at her. "I'm sick," I said.

"What?"

"We've tried everything. We've gone to so many Healers and so many doctors, even muggles. No one can do something about it," I said bitterly and tried to hold my tears back.

"What are you talking about? What sick? Is there something you need? We can do anything!"

"It's something that we can't fix. It is basically a series of mini-strokes and it has been gradually happening more often throughout the last five years. Now it's come to a point where the medicine can't help it. The brain gradually shuts down and so does the nerve system. You lose the ability to move, you lose words, you lose thoughts and memories... until the whole body eventually shuts down," I answered.

"But-" she tried. "What causes it?"

"Well, the muggles say it is more common amongst the elderly but it is extremely rare when it comes to my age. They can't really explain it. But the wizards say that they have seen this happen before. It's something seen to most people who have been through extensive torturing methods with the Cruciatus Curse - well, it happens to those who survive it," I said.

"Because of what Voldemort did... But after all these years?"

"It has been happening for all these 20 years, Hermione, but it has gotten worse now. There's nothing we can do..."

Hermione sat down speechless and put her hands on her face.

"Does Draco know?"

"He does. We have known for a very long time. I knew it would happen. I knew my life would be short," I said.

"How?"

"I was told," I answered and thought about my mother. She had known and she had warned me all these years ago.

Hermione looked desperate and gagged for a breath.

"How long?"

"A year," I answered. "Maybe two."

She cried then. I stood and went up to her to hug her tightly.

"Oh, Anne..." she said. 

"It's ironic, isn't it?" I said bitterly but with a smile. "He did manage to kill me after all this time. Voldemort would be my death one way or another," I said.

*     *     *

I went back home and closed the door behind me only to be hit by a wave of the smell of dinner cooking. At once, I took my heels off. Draco was already home.

"You were late; I was worried," he said and came up to me with a kiss. He was holding a glass of wine and I took a sip. "How did it go?"

"It was fine... And I talked to Hermione today. I'm going to support her in her campaign and we are starting in two weeks," I answered. "I think I need to sleep, though," I said and walked up the stairs.

"Oh, I didn't know. I made dinner," he answered cheerfully.

"Uhhh..." I opened my eyes wider. "You? You made dinner?"

"Well, I tried, okay?" he laughed and I did too. "You will try it..." he stated.

"Was it just me or did that sound like a threat?"

After dinner, which wasn't too good but it was still better than any other Draco's attempt, we were both a bit tipsy so we headed upstairs to our room.

We took advantage of the fact that the Manor was still empty and remembered how it was to spend the whole night up, on the bed and not sleeping. I forgot that I was tired.

*     *     *

A year and two months passed and I was closed to sleeping forever. One last wish was to come true with a letter to the Headmistress McGonagall.

Draco helped me up to the Astronomy Tower where we stood. He was holding me all the time. It was these days that I didn't know if I would fall without any support.

It was a snowy November.

"This is still my favorite place on earth," he said. 

"Albus was lucky. Such a peaceful place to die," I said and teared.

"Don't say that," he said and I heard his voice break.

"I want you take good care of Scorpius. He is such a lonely boy and he reminds me of you. He needs love," I said and sniffed. Draco didn't answer, just cried. "And I want you to move on. I want you to be happy," I said. "And if sometimes you feel lonely, I want you to come here and you will see me. I'll be just here. It will always be our place."

"My Annie... My love..." he said and kissed me. I kissed back with whatever strength I had, knowing that this would be the last time. "Hold on to me just a bit longer. Just a few seconds more," he said and wept.

"See them? The trees? It is your favorite color. That deep green. Remember when you first said that to me? It was right here... I'll be here. And I will never leave you. Never, remember? Never," I said. My red eyes were slowly closing.

"Never, Annie..." he said. I was getting heavier and heavier and at the same time lighter than a feather. "And I will never forget you. Never stop loving you," he said. "Never let me go."

"Never," I said and fully fell in his arms.

There was just one last thing I saw before my eyes closed forever. It was Draco's voice. My love's, my husband's, my life's voice.

"Never."

*     *     *

Epilogue

Annalise Sophialine Riddle lived a short, tough, but glorious life. She was elected Minister of Magic in 1999, age 18, the youngest Minister in the history of the wizarding world. She married Draco Lucius Malfoy in 2006 and had a son, Scorpius Hyperion Malfoy, in the next year. During the 18 years of her stay in the British Ministry of Magic she ruled with justice and wisdom and made life better for all witches, wizards and creatures of the wizarding world.

Annalise Sophialine Riddle died at the 17th of November 2018, age 36, due to the extensive torturing she had been through during the first months of 1998. They say she died in the Astronomy Tower in Hogwarts, next to her husband.

She would go down in history as Annalise the Wise, the Lost Daughter, the last Riddle, the girl who brought retribution.

The Lost Daughter is now born. Lady she was meant to be and Lady she will be, and a dark Lord's daughter. Beware for only she knows the key to his collapse. Long may she reign and retribution shall be ours. 

THE END

*      *     *

Thank you.

*     *     *

Vote & Comment & Follow

💙💙💙💙

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

115K 3.7K 24
Not my best kind of works. Please read my other Fanfictions instead: Birth of Hell || Riddle Draco's Revival || Malfoy *Discontinued* "It was beaut...
707K 24.9K 72
"Must be tough, everyone loves you, don't they? So goddamn perfect. They don't see it but I do, Potter. I can see straight through you." "And what do...
19.8K 484 26
-------------------------------------------- His breathing was even as he whispered to her, "Run. Get away from me. Run before I break you too. Pleas...
295K 8K 63
Anna Green's life was going just fine before he came along. Her friendship with the golden trio and Ginny Weasley was family-like. She loved having f...