Never • The Lost Daughter | A...

By RennieLiawall

❛And do you know what's the stupidest thing about this?❜ said Draco and made an aggressive step towards me. ❛... More

Chapter 1 - Introduction
Chapter 2 - Hogwarts
Chapter 3 - Sorting Hat
Chapter 4 - No New Start
Chapter 5 - Astronomy Tower
Chapter 6 - Dementors (3d year)
Chapter 7 - Malfoy in Love
Chapter 8 - Like You Meant It
Chapter 9 - Dumbledore and his Secrets
Chapter 10 - Unavoidable
Chapter 11 - Astronomy Tower Once Again
Chapter 12 - Catching Up
Chapter 13 - Hogsmeade
Chapter 14 - Vision
Chapter 15 - Truth and Other Lies
Chapter 16 - Secrets Coming Out
Chapter 17 - Two Worlds
Chapter 18 - Colors (3d Year's End)
Chapter 19 - Quidditch World Cup (4th Year)
Chapter 20 - The Attack
Chapter 21 - Ride Back
Chapter 22 - Triwizard Tournament
Chapter 23 - The Kiss
Chapter 24 - Liars
Chapter 25 - The Dead Boy
Chapter 26 - An Unexpected Task
Chapter 27 - Dancing
Chapter 28 - The Yule Ball
Chapter 29 - Second Task
Chapter 30 - Cedric's Death
Chapter 31 - Goodbyes
Chapter 32 - The Malfoys
Chapter 33 - Voldemort
Chapter 34 - The Heir
Chapter 35 - Choice
Chapter 36 - Don't You Care?
Chapter 37 - Narcissa
Chapter 38 - Leaving mind
Chapter 39 - Sirius
Chapter 40 - Spy
Chapter 41 - Traitress
Chapter 42 - We Are Enemies Now
Chapter 43 - I Won't Stop
Chapter 44 - Revealed
Chapter 45 - Power
Chapter 46 - The Hearing
Chapter 47 - Falling Apart
Chapter 48 - A New Friend
Chapter 49 - Kinda Depressed
Chapter 50 - Fully Depressed
Chapter 51 - Room of Requirement
Chapter 52 - No Middle Ground
Chapter 53 - Torturing a Daughter
Chapter 54 - Fathers and Daughters
Chapter 55 - Losing
Chapter 56 - He's Back
Chapter 57 - Lies of Albus
Chapter 58 - A Great Fight Coming
Chapter 59 - Death Eater
Chapter 60 - "Sophie, Is That You?"
Chapter 61 - The Kiss
Chapter 62 - Lupin
Chapter 63 - Harry Potter and the Lost Daughter
Chapter 64 - Caught
Chapter 65 - Shut Her Away
Chapter 66 - Jealous Liar
Chapter 67 - Whispers
Chapter 68 - Curses
Chapter 69 - Never
Chapter 70 - Tireless
Chapter 71 - Respect
Chapter 72 - Burning
Chapter 73 - Last Wish
Chapter 74 - Sectumsempra
Chapter 75 - Some Last Words
Chapter 76 - The Death of Albus Dumbledore
Chapter 77 - The Will of Albus Dumbledore
Chapter 78 - The Wedding
Chapter 80 - The Last Letter
Chapter 81 - Torture Me
Chapter 82 - The Escape
Chapter 83 - Phoenix
Chapter 84 - Reunion
Chapter 85 - Godric's Hollow
Chapter 86 - Choices
Chapter 87 - Cursed
Chapter 88 - Madness
Chapter 89 - Trapped
Chapter 90 - Ritual
Chapter 91 - Rescue
Chapter 92 - The Face of Torment
Chapter 93 - The Battle of Hogwarts • Return to the Battle
Chapter 94 - The Battle of Hogwarts • Always
Chapter 95 - The Battle of Hogwarts • The Memoirs of Sophialine
Chapter 96 - The Battle of Hogwarts • The Piece Inside Her
Chapter 97 - The Battle of Hogwarts • Mothers and Daughters
Chapter 98 - Someday
Chapter 99 - Astronomy Tower Once Again
Chapter 100 - Thank You

Chapter 79 - Dead

39.4K 1.1K 722
By RennieLiawall

"What do you mean he's dead?" I asked with my voice sounding weak while trying to hold back my tears, which at the moment I was struggling to believe were unnecessary.

I knew Harry had just told me the truth. But every single cell of mine wanted to believe that he was just joking. That he had made a mistake. There was no way Voldemort had done as he had warned and killed him when he found that Draco didn't kill Dumbledore, I said to myself. He didn't kill him. No, I wouldn't believe that for a moment. Yes, this was just a bad dream and I would wake up sooner or later. Yes, this whole story was just some sick joke that someone thought would be fun for me to hear. I refused to believe any of the things that the Prophet said. The papers were spreading all sorts of fake news nowadays.

Harry was ready to say something, but when he raised his head and saw me looking up at him with begging eyes, he knew that his answer would make me cry and get the attention upon us.

"Come with me," he said and pulled me from the hand. I didn't stop him. I didn't say anything. We were out of the tent only with a few steps.

"Harry, please, tell me that it's not the truth. Please tell me that there is no reason for me to be worried and that everything is okay and that the Prophet is just wrong. Please, do this for me. Say it," I begged quickly. I could feel my eyes getting wetter every moment and I knew I was ready to cry but I had promised myself that I couldn't cry for a lie. That I would hold my tears back.

"You would be hearing a lie," answered Harry simple.

"You are just lying. I don't know why, I don't know what I've done to you, but I know you're lying," I said. I was waiting for Harry to speak again, say something, something different than before but he didn't. He just didn't. And that was when I started understanding that I shouldn't have any hope of getting a different answer. So I let go of this silly promise I had made with myself and I started crying so hard and so loudly that I was sure they could hear me from the wedding.

"Harry, please, tell me that you just made that all up so you could find a way for me to forget about Draco. Tell me that you're lying and I swear I'll forgive you. And then make and excuse and apologize so we can go back to the wedding like nothing happened. And then-" I said crying, knowing that I was hopeless but still not caring, but Harry came up to me. And as soon as he touched me, I started hitting his chest for no reason at all. And, of course, I didn't have any strength at all so he seemed very calm and let me hit him. "Please, please, tell me you're lying! Please!" I begged still hitting him.

"Anne, listen to me," he said at some point, grasping my hands from my wrists. He looked deep into my blue eyes and spoke steadily. "Draco is dead. He was murdered. Your father killed him. He's dead. He's gone. I'm not a liar. Mr Weasley just told me," said Harry. I stared him for what seemed ages but I knew that only seconds passed before I started crying my eyes off again. Weeping and screaming.

"What happened?" I asked him, but my words could barely be described as words.

"The Malfoys reported an accident. That's why the Prophet never posted anything. But everyone in the Ministry knows that it was a murder. Voldemort killed him three weeks ago. He spared Lucius and Narcissa's life."

I knew it all along but if there was a moment I should break it was this one.

"It's my fault..." I muttered.

"How would it ever be your fault?" Harry had a tired look.

"My fault... He would have killed him," I whispered, senselessly.

"Anne..."

"It's my fault," I repeated and the tears were streaming hot down my face. "He would have killed him."

"Anne, it's not your fault at all. Do you think that Voldemort ever cared for the boy? Did you ever think that he was stupid enough to let this mission on to a boy's hands? The only thing he wanted was to get it back to his father for failing to get the prophecy that night at the Ministry. He just wanted to humiliate him and he did. Voldemort knew that Draco wouldn't kill Dumbledore. I might be all judgmental with this issue, and you must admit it's not my fault, but again, I don't think Draco would murder someone in his life. Draco was not a murderer."

"He would do it. If not for me. It's my fault," I said, still crying like never again in my whole life. 

Screams and cries of help, breathless gasps and drowned gags. I collapsed on the ground.

"My Draco..." 

I remember my voice, only my voice, because years later I wouldn't bare to think of the emotion.

"My... My Draco..."

I closed my eyes. I was dizzy. The pain spread from my lungs to my feet. I could hear the heartbeat slowing down as I began my descent. I knelt down. My palms were pressed on my temples.

I screamed. It held a release. I screamed. The pain became mine.

"Everyone is asking where you've been. What happened? Why did you leave? And why is Anne crying?" We heard Hermione coming up to us with a worried voice. I didn't even move and I hid my eyes in Harry's eyes.

"Draco was murdered," whispered Harry.

"What? How?" she asked.

"Voldemort killed him. It must be becau-"

"What is that?" interrupted Hermione.

It was not Hermione that stopped every motion and sound and made us all, even me, look up in the dark sky. A Petronus was flying above us, making the night seem like day. I supposed that the fact that it was only a Patronus wouldn't make things worse. However, Harry pulled me together when jumped back inside the tent. We were there when the Patronus fell above the dance floor and hovered in midair for a second. Then a voice came from its inside.

"The Ministry has fallen. The Minister is dead. They are coming. They are coming." When the voice disappeared, the Petronus started losing its light, and finally disappeared too.

I was too panicked to remember everything that happened from then on that clearly. The only thing I know was that I had to stop thinking about Draco and protect myself someway. Harry was next to me all the time. He was holding my hand as most of the people at the wedding were either dissapparating or screaming with fear. But the most important thing was that I knew that the protective charm, with which the Ministry was protecting all the houses in which lived the family of people who work in the Ministry, just as Mr Wealsey, had disappeared, something that made the Burrow available for every Death Eater to come in.

Harry was scanning all the people to find Ron, who was now running up to us. Hermione held my hand and as soon as we saw Ron reaching us, we dissapparated. I felt my head spinning as usually before I felt my feet landing. I knew where we were as soon as I saw it. And it was really the last thing I thought of being now. We were at Shaftesbury Avenue. I wondered why Hermione decided to get us here. We started walking immediately, and Harry put his hands around me protectively, knowing that I was still in shock. We noticed some looks from people passing by since we were all dressed in old looking dresses and dress robes.

I was somehow emotionless, somehow numb and crazy. I wondered if my eyes were red. I looked around. Maybe if I looked hard enough, I would see Draco somewhere.

Sometimes you just need a miracle. Sometimes you just need to believe in lies.

"Where are we?" asked Ron.

"Shaftesbury Avenue. I used to come to the theater here with Mom and Dad," said Hermione but she shook her head at once. "I don't know why I thought of it... It just popped into my head," she muttered.

It was the middle of the night, but we were in the center of the city and it was hard finding a quiet place. It was 1 o'clock but there were many people still outside, mostly young men and women who were out clubbing. We had to walk a long way to reach a dark and completely empty street. It was exactly what we needed to change.

While Hermione was taking the clothes out, Harry saw me walking a few steps away, dizzy and then falling on the earth.

I knelt down again. Maybe if I was closer to the ground, I would find some balance. I needed to rest. Even kneeling down was reliefing. I didn't want to move again.

"Anne. Anne! You have to stay strong," said Harry, kneeling next to me. "You can't let this get you down. You have to stand."

*     *     *

Vote & Comment & Follow

💙💙💙💙

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

295K 8K 63
Anna Green's life was going just fine before he came along. Her friendship with the golden trio and Ginny Weasley was family-like. She loved having f...
115K 3.7K 24
Not my best kind of works. Please read my other Fanfictions instead: Birth of Hell || Riddle Draco's Revival || Malfoy *Discontinued* "It was beaut...
477K 6.9K 170
⚠️smut⚠️ "She hates me. Fuck, she hates me so much it pains her. But when i'm inside her, she can't help it. She loves it, and she can't hide it from...
1.7M 36.8K 53
His hands gripped her waist, and his head fit perfectly in the crook of her neck. She leaned back into his chest, a small smile spreading across her...