The Chosen Ones (BxB)

By OralKel

In the town of Pisces, it's a tradition where every year, one brave young man or woman will be sent into a Jo... More

Synopsis
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Part II Synopsis
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Author's Note
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Author's Note
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60

Chapter 54

5.6K 301 4
By OralKel

Chapter 54

We have reached the place wherein the ruined bridges are visible; the red paint on the metals beginning to peel off. My mind visualizes the scenery; I can almost see how beautiful it looked before: Cars passing by, honking their cars, trying to survive the traffic. But now the bridge has been sinking in the bloody, lifeless desert. Particles sting my eyes that it makes me blink and tears well up in my eyes, but I use my palm to brush it off. The place is eerily quiet the wind is almost screaming in my ears.

Beige kneels down, grabbing a handful of desert and letting it fall, the wind picking it up and the particles fly further. So far, monsters have not appeared yet. I'm almost itching to use the weapon that Shawn has given me to protect myself. The bracelet clings into my wrist, glistening as a light shines up on it. I touch my the bracelet with my index and thumb fingers, fixing it around my wrist as my eyes scan the area. What once was used to be beautiful, now became a rubble and lifeless. Beige stands up and narrows his eyes at a far distance, trying to look into something.

Silence greets us as Beige continues to gaze up. At first, they're just a tiny dots, looking blurry as they come near us. Then they begin to have figures: long skinny arms, veins almost popping up. Their eyes are a color of dark red and they seem angry. For a moment, they just look like a couple of weirdos coming after us, but as they near, they become double. My father slides out the dagger the sheath on his belt, throwing the dagger upwards and catching it midair. A grin is making its way to his lips viciously, as if he's almost to let the enemies blood to pour on the lifeless desert. Clutching the bracelet slash weapon Shawn has given to me, my heart becomes to pound inside my chest as they stare only at me.

Shawn scoffs, mocking the enemies running towards our direction with much hatred evident in their red eyes. He lifts his hand in the air, and a big, made of steel sword suddenly appears in Shawn's hand. Its metal is so shiny, as if like a mirror. The edges are sharpened, very deadly. He smirks when he sees my expression in awe and I roll my eyes at him. Brent clasps his hands, warming up as he stares at the enemies with eyes glistening mischievously. I pull out the daggers that I have grabbed back in the cave, throwing one to Brent and Beige. They catch it with a thankful smile.

Damen pulls out two daggers from God knows where and he seems prepared more than us. As the enemies run towards our direction, I yell, telling them to surge and everybody gladly does. Beige is the first one to move forward and comes face to face with the enemy, his dagger sinking into the chest of the creature and blood pours out. The creature cries in pain, trying to claw and damage Beige but Beige rolls over, pulling out the dagger out of the creature's chest with swift. My bracelet turns into a spear and I wield it around then stop, deciding to smack the creature in the face with the end of the spear. The creature steps back, releasing a cry of agony. He begins to lurch forward on me again, this time, with much haste and I barely have time to register or calculate his movements; his claws reach my shoulder and I hiss in pain, taking a step back as I use the spear to stab the enemy in his chest, where his heart is probably located.

From the corner of my eyes, Damen and my father are fighting back to back, slashing their daggers to the enemies throat. Brent is using his charm power, making them stop for a bit as he uses his sweet-talk power and suddenly swishing the dagger I gave to him to the enemies throat. Browdie and Coffee are ripping the enemies throats, tearing enemies body; their furs are already covered in blood and I suddenly want to vomit. I run towards Brent as I see that one enemy recovers from Brent's sweet-talk and I throw the speak. The tip of the spear sinks into the enemy's forehead and the creature falls on the ground, knees first and then his body. Brent mutters a thanks and begins to attack enemies again.

"They are too many," I yell over the fighting. Dad seems to agree with my statement but doesn't have time to reply as enemies lunge at him. Shawn keeps slashing his sword back and forth, blood spurting everywhere, tainting the desert with the enemies blood. I cringe. "We need to run!"

Brent replies despite him being so busy with fighting. "Go on, move!" He shouts. Everyone except Brent begins to take a step back, weapons still flying and slashing through the enemies. "I'll use my power to keep them away even for a short time! Damen, Dylan and Daryl, I might need some help. This is the time for you to use your Taurus power! Just follow my lead."

Brent stands in front of us, his chest heaving up and down. Sweat trickles down his neck, shirt clinging onto his body. Damen, father and I follow his every movement. Brent raises up his hands, us following his every movement. He shuts his eyes and murmurs words below a whisper, but I can definitely hear what Brent is saying: The power of Taurus is not harmful; but it can do great damage emotionally and mentally. Feel the beauty, love and happiness around you as Taurus rules those. We represent great perseverance and strong determination. Brent lets his hand fly into the air, forming an O through the air and a slanted line just above the O. The symbol is ♉, and once I draw them in the air, I feel myself become light-headed, as if the wind is carrying me. I blink, and the world has changed when I open up my eyes: The area around me becomes full of life. The bridge, what was once a rubble and ruins, floats out of the desert. The rusted metal has been fixed, its metal being painted red.

This is mind manipulation. We can alter reality, make them believe that what they're seeing right now is real. Brent's speaks in our hands. My jaw hangs open. This will be for a short period of time. Once they notice that they are being fooled, they'd be shaken out of trance. 

The world has changed into reality but when I look in front of me, the monsters have stopped attacking us. They are just standing, staring at the scenery around them, looking confused and all. Brent tells us to run, so we do. My feet move to its own accords, as if they have a mind on its own. The spear has become a bracelet again and I secure them around my wrist, locking both ends and connecting them. Shawn takes my hand as we run together. The air in my lungs are running out as we run faster, my legs beginning to burn and I'm not going to be surprised if it has become numb.

Sweat drips down to my forehead, travelling underneath my chin. My shirt clings into my body stickily and I frown as my back begins to pour out sweat, making me feel uncomfortable. But that doesn't stop me from running faster and faster. I look over my shoulder and some of the enemies have gotten out of the altered reality they were in. Their eyes search around the area and land on our running figures. Although we're already far, they begin to run, trying to catch up with us. Beige throws something on the desert and few seconds the green small balls that Beige threw. Vines begin to sprout on the desert, becoming large as we run. The vines viciously curls around the enemies body, stopping some of the creatures. Beige smirks at me and I roll my eyes at him. Beige keeps throwing the green balls on the ground and they sprout on the desert one by one.

When it seems like we're far enough, all of us stop running. All of us are trying to catch our breaths, filling airs in our lungs. I walk slowly, chest heaving up and down rapidly. My throat is dry and my stomach is grumbling. I have yet to eat. I sigh, still walking when the desert gobbles me up. I scream at the top of my lungs despite my throat being dried. Everyone shouts, trying to reach for me but it's too late. The sands have already eaten me up and I'm surprised that when I'm fully eaten, it seems like I'm in the underground or so I think. But that doesn't me from screaming as I fall, sliding into a polished grey metal that seems endless. My hands raise on its own accord, my eyes widen as I continue to slide endlessly.

******************************

Aries-Pisces (Communication and Intellect): Aries and Pisces could find many things to talk about if they open up for each other's support and advice. Although they are interested in entirely different things most of the time, they are still connected as neighboring signs and have a way of leaning on each other. Through their relationship they need to learn about their own weaknesses and how to mend them to be complete. It is not exactly as they complete each other, but the effect they have on each other can be like the correct medicine.

Aries has a tendency not to look behind, question the past, or be too sharp and fast for their relationships. They could also have an ego with a shotgun, waiting for any potential partner to pass by and kill their desire to even think about dating an Aries, let alone be serious about a relationship with them.

Pisces are sensitive enough to explain to Aries how they should soften up but keep their boundaries strong. Pisces represent a dream land of Aries and they are able to show them that they could actually have a mission and a higher purpose, instead of just chasing through life.

In return, Aries partner will help their Pisces partner find their grounding. They will not be that gentle about it, that is guaranteed, but could be realistic just enough to show Pisces how important it is to have initiative and build something you dream about in the real world. If they start their intimate relationship on these foundations, they could easily discover their middle ground for other segments of their relationship.

In case they are not so open to change and are not in search of someone to help them create, they will hardly share many topics they both find interesting.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

780K 46.7K 37
*** COMPLETE- Far From Home book two: Sequel to The Warlord's Chosen. A M/M/M fantasy romance*** "For the innocence of my mother, I suffered alone in...
1.2K 69 15
Carrying destiny as a Pisces Gold Saint, in order to protect, Albafica was fated to inherit the Pisces blood from his Master and live in isolation am...
408 1 19
Sara Diane is a normal girl with a normal life... that is until her younger brother comes back from jail. She doesn't know what to think about it, bu...
1.2K 280 63
Why does life come with so many different possible answers to the same question? Which answer is the correct one and how do you know for sure? Findi...