His purpose (you die, I die)

By Youranonlovewriter

UNDER EDITING Her life is dedicated to saving lives His life is dedicated to taking lives She believes every... More

Introduction
Chapter one
Chapter two
Chapter three
Chapter four
Chapter five
Chapter six
Chapter eight
Chapter nine
Chapter ten
Chapter eleven
Chapter twelve
Chapter thirteen
Chapter fourteen
Chapter fifteen
Chapter sixteen
Chapter seventeen
Chapter eighteen
Chapter nineteen
Twenty
Chapter twenty
Chapter twenty one
Chapter twenty-two
Chapter twenty-three
Chapter twenty-four
Chapter twenty-five
Chapter twenty-six
Chapter twenty-seven
Chapter twenty-eight
Chapter twenty-nine
Chapter thirty
Chapter thirty-one
Chapter thirty-two
Chapter thirty-three
Opinions
Chapter thirty-four
Chapter thirty-five
Chapter thirty-six
Chapter thirty-seven
Chapter thirty-eight
Chapter thirty-nine
Chapter forty
Chapter forty-one
Chapter forty-two
Chapter forty-three
Chapter forty-four
Chapter forty-five
Chapter forty-six
Chapter forty-seven
Chapter forty-eight
Chapter forty-nine
Chapter fifty : the calm before the storm
Chapter fifty-one
Chapter fifty-two
Chapter fifty-three
Chapter fifty-four
Chapter fifty-five
Chapter fifty-six
Chapter fifty-seven
Fifty-eight
Fifty-nine
Sixty : Birds set free
Sixty: Happily ever after
The end
BRUNO's BOOK
Editing the story

Chapter seven

74.5K 2.1K 1.9K
By Youranonlovewriter

The sun hit my face, waking me up from what felt like the best night of sleep I've had for a while. No nightmares. I hadn't felt what it was like to have a full night of sleep without nightmare for a while.

I was about to stretch out, until I noticed that I couldn't move.
That's when my eyes landed on the big, tattooed arm, around my waist. A glimpse of last night hit me, after arguing for fifteen minutes we decided on comedy, it was the middle thing between romance and action. We must've fallen asleep under the movie and ended up like this.

I tried to wrangle my way out, without waking him up but it only made him tighten his grip. He's probably deep asleep, and I really didn't want to wake him up, he needed to rest. Instead of trying to get off the sofa, I turned around slowly to face him.

He looked so, peaceful. His lips were formed into a straight line, pink and soft. I never really noticed before now, but his skin was perfect. It was flawless, and his color was coming back after being pale and sick. His hair was messy, black and had curls all over.
Was it creepy of me to be studying this stranger? After all, here I am, practically laying his arms.

"I would say that staring at me while I sleep, is way creepier than watching me change, angel"

My eyes met his, he was awake, even worse he caught me analyzing him while I thought he was asleep.

"Uh, I'm sorry, I-"
"No need to explain, angel, but if you take a picture it'll last long" I rolled my eyes while also smiling at his remarks. His morning voice was so raspy, and hot. I hated admitting that.
"Funny" I said, "I think we fell asleep" I continued while getting up so he could have more space on the sofa.
"What gave it away? The fact that we're sleeping on a small sofa fully clothed?"
"Wow, I really didn't know you had a sassy side too"
"There's a lot you don't know about me, angel"

I felt my cheeks heat up, resulting in me turning around so he couldn't notice it.

"I'm going to freshen up, and make us some breakfast" I added, making my way to the bathroom.
I looked at the mirror, I looked like a hot mess. My hair was practically a bird nest.

The sound of the shower filled the room, and the second the hot water made contact with my skin I felt my body relax.

After what felt like ten minutes, but was probably twenty, I stepped out of the shower, brushed my teeth and threw on an oversized shirt and some grey shorts.

"Did you sleep in there or something?" I looked at the bored stranger, was I really that long.
"I must've lost track of time, are you hungry?" I asked
"Yes"
"Why didn't you make something? I know you're not that shy" I spoke, making it seem like we've known each other for the longest time even though it's only been three days. But it felt like more. Way more.

"I can't cook" He said, in the most casual way ever, my eyes widened. Cooking is the most basic life skill ever, everyone should be able to cook.

I shook my head in disappointment
"Alright, I'll give you fifteen minutes to get ready and then we're going to make omelet, together" It felt so weird saying that, just the word together felt like it held so much pressure.

"No." He said, not a hint of sarcasm.
"Why not?" I asked
"I don't need to learn how to cook, I have a chef for that" I gave him a glare, he sounded like that one rich kid at school, that lacked all kinds of life basics because his parents spoiled him too much.
"Everyone should know how to cook, at least something as simple as omelet"
"No." Stubborn.
"Yes." I said, trying to make my voice sound as powerful as his
"No." He continued, not looking away, which resulted in my mimicking what Adam did to me, I gave him my best shot at puppy eyes. "Please?" He rolled his eyes at me, "Fine."

1 Luna, 0 stranger.

"Yay" I squealed, like the twelv year old girl he intuited I was yesterday.
———————————— || ————————
"You're doing it wrong!" I shouted, how can someone be so incompetent at something so simple.
"No, you're just a shitty teacher" He shot back, making me push into him, he didn't even flinch.
"Are you really trying to play tough with me, angel?" He said, patting my head as if I was a little kid, he was using the height advantage which was unfair. He was a good 6'5, and even though I was 5'6 which isn't that short for a girl, it was still a big difference. I had to look up, every time I spoke to him.

We stood there for what felt like an eternity, just watching each other.
It wasn't until the omelet started burning, that we snapped out of the trance we were in.
"Look what you've done" I teased, trying to pin it on him.
"It wouldn't have happened if you weren't glaring at me like I was a piece of meat in front of you"
"I think I preferred when you were in a coma" I joked, earning a laugh from him.

It was nice hearing him laugh and seeing him smile. He was recovering, and even though it feels weird to say this, it kind of made me sad, because that meant he would be leaving soon. It felt good to not be alone all the time.

After another attempt at omelet, we finally made it.
"Not that bad" I said, taking another bite, he looked at me and leaned his head to the side.
"How did you save my life?" He asked, catching me off guard. I guess I should've seen this one coming. "You look too young to be a doctor" He wasn't wrong, I graduated rather young.

"I used to be a fourth-year resident, almost a surgeon." I tried to keep it short, trying to make it clear that I didn't really want to get into details, even though I understood why he was wondering.
"Used to?" He continued, scratching his right arm, then his left.
"What's your name?" I asked, ignoring his question when I realized that we haven't even gotten to first name basis.

Before he could answer, a sneeze escaped his lips, and then another one.
"Are you okay?" I asked, when I noticed him hysterically scratching and sneezing non stop.
I turned my head around, and my eyes met Barszik.
"Barszik!" I smiled, the sound of a chair falling caught my attention and the stranger was on the opposite of the room.

"Is that a fucking cat?" He said, giving Barszik the deadliest glare ever.

"Its Barszik" I smiled, "Get it the fuck out" He spat. Rude. "Excuse me? You can't actually tell me you're scared of cats" I replied, refusing to believe that was the reason. "I'm fucking allergic"

That makes a lot of sense, but what was I supposed to do with Barszik? We live in an apartment in New York, I can't just let him out. What if he doesn't find his way back again...

"Now for fucks sake" The only thing that made logical sense was to put Barszik in my room, which was exactly what I did. I felt bad, poor Barszik.

I rushed to my medicine cabinet, and grabbed the allergy pills I had left from Amelie, who was also allergic to cats.
"Here" I said, he just glared at my hand.
"Its allergy pills" I huffed, why was he so difficioult.
"No." Really. If stubborn was a person, then it would be this guy.

He laid down on the sofa again, and I took a seat next to him but held a small distance.
"Are you feeling better?" I asked, referring to his wound. A small part of me hoped he would say no.
"Kinda"
"Oh" I let out, not sure of what to say.
"Do you want to get rid of me, ángel?" I smiled at his snarky comment, "no" I said, and left it at that.

"You never told me your name" I continued, it hit me that he's been here for three whole days, how could I have forgotten to ask him what his name was, and why did he not ask what mine was?
He didnt answer though, he just looked at me with a straight face.

"I'm Luna" I spoke, trying to make the silence less awkward and encouraging him to tell me his, but by the sound of it, it didnt really work.
"Really? You're not gonna tell me your name?"
He shook his head, making the answer clear.  He was teasing me.

I looked at him, and then it felt like I hit jackpot when I noticed his tattoo of what looked like a building underwater.
"Fine" I spoke, "I'll just call you atlantis then"
A small smile appeared on his face, he liked his new name. Atlantis was better than stranger at least.

"Well Atlantis, do you like chocolate cake?" I smiled
"Are you gonna make me bake it?" funny.
"Only if you want to"
"I dont, but yes, I like chocolate cake, its my favorite"
"Mine too!" I cheered.

I stood up and made my way too the kitchen to gather everything we needed for the recipe. Shoot, we need baking powder.
"I'm gonna run to the store, its only a five minute walk, do you need anything?"

I turned around, only to catch him checking me out. Who's the one staring now huh. A blush crept up on my cheeks, damn it.
"I'm fine"

Only minutes later I was out of the door, making my way to the store. I had to spend some of my savings, I havent worked enough for my paycheck to actually last these days. Its fine though, I bought us lots of food, and made sure to get Barszik some snacks too because I felt bad for locking him in my room.

Only fifteen minutes after exiting my apartment, I was back again.
"I didn't really know what you wanted for dinner so I bough a little bit of everything, pizza, lasagne, even-" Before I could continue my rant about the food I bought, my eyes met Barszik.

"Barszik?" I said, scratching his stomach. How did he get out? I looked up and the living room was empty. The blanket was folded and laid on the arm of the chair just like before.

"Atlantis?" I called. No answer, just a wave of silence.

—-///////-
What do you guys think? This chapter was way longer than usual, I hope it didnt get boring. The story is only starting ! -YALW

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25.8K 989 63
"What do you want?" I ask the men standing in front of me. All of them are wearing black jackets with matching jeans and masks. Before my suit-clad f...
515 36 24
"You should have never talked to me in the first place" he said causally his calmness was scaring her "the more you run the more I want you...
787 76 24
~ Aida ~ My visions of love were destroyed at an early age by the very people who were supposed to set the standard. My positive view on life also go...
4.9K 126 22
"You can't break me no matter how much you try", I said fearlessly. "We'll see about that Isabella... you'll see how badly I'll break you. Everyday l...