My Water Lily (Might Gai x OC)

By wingsofwriting

Kira was taken from her home at a young age and forced to grow up fast as she was taught jutsu but punished w... More

Chapter 1: Escape
Chapter 2: Protect them!
Chapter 3: A Visit from The White Fang
Chapter 4: New Home
Chapter 5: My Own Room
Chapter 6: The New Hatake
Chapter 7: One Friend
Chapter 8: Father's Return
Chapter 9: Birthday
Chapter 10: Storm of Sadness
Chapter 11: Lost Control
Chapter 12: Breathe
Chapter 13: New Friends
Chapter 14: Spies
Chapter 15: Training More
Chapter 16: Taijutsu
Chapter 17: Getting Stronger
Chapter 18: Finally Genin
Chapter 19: Trees and Chakra
Chapter 20: Village Chores
Chapter 21: Recommended
Chapter 22: Catching Up
Chapter 23: Chunin Exams
Chapter 24: I'm Strong
Chapter 25: Clash Between Water and Grass
Chapter 26: Missing Nin
Chapter 27: Upcoming Mission
Chapter 28: Teammates
Chapter 29: Stay Alive
Chapter 30: Lady Tsunade
Chapter 31: Because Of Me
Chapter 32: Flowers
Chapter 33: Pictured Memories
Chapter 34: Proven
Chapter 35: Staring
Chapter 36: Jealousy
Chapter 37: Truce?
Chapter 38: Investigation
Chapter 39: Keep Holding
Chapter 40: Closer
Chapter 41: Ninken Training Begins
Chapter 42: Sudden Behavior
Chapter 43: Old Acquaintances
Chapter 44: Rescue Mission
Chapter 45: A Rageful Duel
Chapter 46: Worrying Saviors
Chapter 47: It Wasn't Your Fault
Chapter 48: Grounded
Chapter 49: Please Return
Chapter 50: I'm Leaving
Intermission
Valentines Day Special
Chapter 51: My Return to the Leaf
Chapter 52: Anger Released
Chapter 53: Reunited Teammates
Chapter 54: Watchful Eyes
Chapter 55: Girl's Day Gone Wrong
Chapter 56: Nine-Tails Released
Chapter 57: Time Passes
Chapter 58: My Savior From Panic
Chapter 59: The Master's Student
Chapter 60: A Day Exploring Konoha
Chapter 61: Back to Training
Chapter 62: We're Family
Chapter 63: An Excellent Sparring Match
Chapter 64: The Worse Case Scenario
Chapter 65: New Threat to Konoha
Chapter 66: Cursed Eyes
Chapter 67: Break The Cycle
Chapter 69: It's Not What It Looks Like
Chapter 70: Hotspring Thoughts
Chapter 71: The Unexpected Prize
Chapter 72: New Mission and Brotherly Protectiveness
Chapter 73: Journey to the Land of Rivers
Chapter 74: Love in the Garden
Chapter 75: Not According to Plan
Chapter 76: Our Job Here Is Done
Chapter 77: Uchiha
Chapter 78: Retired
Chapter 79: Let Me Take Care of You
Chapter 80: Tired Decisions
Chapter 81: Meeting Team Gai
Chapter 82: Self Rule
Chapter 83: Lessons and Love
Chapter 84: Married
Chapter 85: Together
Chapter 86: Shinobi Headband
Chapter 87: All Mine
Chapter 88: A Happy Surprise
Chapter 89: My Family
Chapter 90: Thank You

Chapter 68: I'll Watch Over You

490 20 6
By wingsofwriting

"Gai..."

"Huh?" Gai responded as he sat up from his laying position on the ground to look over at Nari who was sitting beside him now.

"Can I ask something of you?" Nari spoke, keeping a face of neutral expression. "You'll most likely agree to it, but I wanted to make sure you understand."

"Of course. You're my friend Nari," Gai exclaimed with a smile. "How can I help?"

Nari was silent for awhile as he pondered his words and then nodded before looking Gai in the eyes.

"If I die, please watch over Kira for me," he stated determined.

"What?!" Gai spoke thrown off by such a sudden request.

"Shh! Let me talk more," Nari spoke and Gai shut his trap. "As part of the Hyuga, I am forced to sacrifice for the greater good of the main house. It's my destiny in a way. With such factors in place, I will most likely die for my clan. But, if possible and it comes down to it, I'm going to sacrifice myself for Kira."

"Nari! There's no way you'll die! You're an amazing shinobi and very skilled," Gai stated confidently. "You sound like your throwing in the towel already! What would Kira think!"

"That's because I am throwing in the towel," Nari commented plainly. "I've come to terms with my death being certain, but I want to die making my own choice, which isn't what you'll get in the Hyuga clan. Kira will be upset and she'll probably become depressed about it. I know her so well......I care....No....Love her a lot. As a friend, teammate, and something more. I don't think she would ever accept this decision. She would throw herself into danger just to stop it from happening if she could. I'm telling you because I believe you'll be the only one to help her."

"Me?? Why not Kakashi or Kurenai," Gai spoke a bit surprised.

"You two were childhood friends and you accepted her so easily while others were uneasy about her being in the village. She talks so highly of you all the time and even defends you when others make fun of your antics," Nari told him. "She also cares a lot about you and I know you care a lot about her. So please,  if something ever happens, watch over her. She'll need you. She may act fine, but you know how she is."

"Yeah....She always wants to do so much for others and make sure they're happy when she barely takes herself into consideration," Gai spoke softly and then nodded. "I'll make sure to watch over her, but please. Don't die Nari."

"I'll try not to, but if that happens, I'll watch over you guys," Nari responded and gave him a small smile.

Present

I held the kunai out, pointing towards me and then moved it to stab myself. It a  sudden flash, my hands were stopped just before the kunai could make any contact with flesh. Another pair of hands firmly held onto mine, using great strength to keep me from moving my arms anymore. More tears began to fall and then I went to see who stopped me. My eyes widened at who it was........and I felt great amounts of guilt wash over me.

Gai stared down at me and he looked almost angry. I listened to his heart and heard it more irratic and sped up. He must of ran here. No, a run like that is nothing. He was scared.....

I felt his grip tighten on my wrists, forcing me to drop the kunai. I just stood there shaking, his grip the only thing keeping me up now. Tears slowly fall from my eyes and stream down my cheeks, falling down onto the floorboards.

I was surprised he hasn't said a single thing. What was he thinking about? Does he hate me now? Is he disappointed? I wish he would say something.

"Gai...." I spoke shakily as I looked up at him. "Say something please...."

He stayed quiet, his angered expression now forming into one of sadness and condolence.

"I..." I began to say but then I was suddenly thrown over his shoulder. "Gai!"

He opened the window and jumped out, racing off to who knows where.

"Put me down! Where are you taking me?!" I spoke, panicked by the sudden take off.

He didn't answer so I just waited. I watched as my hair swirled around me as the wind blew through it as I was carried. I couldn't remember the last time I was outside away from the apartment. The outside air....felt so nice and the moon was so bright among the stars.

Next thing I know, we're in the woods and I'm tossed off his shoulder. I wasn't set down like I thought I would, I was somewhat tossed into a cold stream.

"Ah!" I spoke, shocked by the sudden chill and stood up, looking down at my soaked clothes. "Why did you do that?! Is this some sort of revenge tactic? I technically didn't do anything to you!"

"Were you actually going to go through with it," he questioned suddenly and that's when I became quiet. "Kira. Answer me."

"....Yes," I murmured ashamed. "I just.....I got scared...."

"Scared? There's nothing for you to be afraid of. You're home where it is safe," Gai reassured.

"No....I'm scared I'll lose more people in my life if I'm still around..." I explained. "You told me you want to help me, but when others get too close......If you die Gai....I don't know what I'll do. I've lost so much at this point..."

I dropped to my knees in the stream and covered my eyes with my hands. "I just....wanted to end it before I could possibly suffer anymore."

He was quiet after that and soon I heard the sound of water movement as he walked towards me. He kneeled down beside me in the stream and then picked me up bridal style.

"Kira. I'm not going anywhere," Gai reassured me. "I'm here for you and I'm going to stay because I want to. I want to protect you and you need to accept that."

"Gai....please don't," I murmured as I felt more tears begin to fill my eyes.

"I promised Nari I would watch over you and that's what I plan to do. Even if he hadn't made such a request, I would still be here to help you," Gai said honestly.

"Nari....asked that..." I spoke confused.

Gai nodded and then set me down so I could stand on the grass. He then leaned down and kissed my forehead. I immediately stiffened at the sudden affection, becoming flustered by his actions.

"Gai....I'm sorry....about earlier. I guess my actions were rash and I just thought that....I was doing the right thing..." I told him honestly.

"What do you think would happen to Naruto if you died? He wouldn't have anyone to care for him like you and Kakashi would be completely devastated. You're his family," Gai told me and then pulled me into a hug. "And I....I would miss you every day."

I hugged him back and began to tear up a bit.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry," I murmured continously for awhile as I tightened my grasp around him.

Gai just smiled and rubbed my back to comfort me.

"It's okay, but I'm going to keep an eye on you for a few days myself to make sure nothing like that happens again," Gai stated. "I'm surprised they didn't chase after me when I kinda stole you."

"I think they realized it was you and decided not to meddle," I commented.

"Well, that's good," Gai responded and then picked me up in his arms. "Let's go back now. You must be freezing. Sorry I threw you in the stream."

"No, I kinda had it coming," I replied.

He then took off, racing back to my apartment. I held onto him as he carried me, gazing at the sights I've missed in Konoha.

We arrived back through the window and he set me down on the bed. I needed to change out of my wet clothes and I looked over at Gai.

"Uh. Could you....turn around please," I asked a bit embarrassed.

I saw his cheeks heat up and he nodded, spinning around to give me privacy. I smiled in amusement and began to change into a dry set of pajamas.

"Done," I declared and then yawned.

I could feel my eyes were tired, but I feared I would have nightmares again. I watched as Gai waltzed about my room, glancing at the picture frames. He picked up the one with him, Kakashi, Rin, Obito, and I, looking over it.

"This was so long ago," Gai commented. "I'm glad these are the memories I remember."

"What do you forget most of time?" I questioned in amusement.

"Mostly people I've only encountered once before," Gai stated honestly. "It is a bit frustrating, but maybe I only remember the important stuff."

"Like what?" I asked curiously.

"My contests with Kakashi and hanging out  with you," Gai responded with a smile. "Along with my teammates and all of the rest of my friends of course."

"Mhm," I replied. "I wish I could only remember the good stuff...."

Gai nodded and then sat down in a chair.

"You should get some rest. You seem exhausted," Gai observed.

"That's what happens when haven't had a good night's sleep in a long while," I stated as I laid on my back. "Are you planning on sitting there the entire night?"

"I said I'm going to keep an eye on you. So that's what I'm gonna do," he responded as he stared over at me.

"Pfffft. You're ridiculous," I commented amused. "Come lay down. There's an anbu member already watching the apartment and you need rest too. You wouldn't want your youthfulness to fade away would you?"

He stood there silent and I knew I had convinced him.

"Are you sure?" Gai questioned one last time, making sure.

I nodded and moved over and, patting the bed beside me. He laid down and I turned away on my side, getting comfortable, praying I'd have pleasant dreams tonight.

"Goodnight Gai...." I murmured.

"Goodnight Kira," he responded.

I have decided to be a merciful Author

Hehe! Hope you enjoyed the chapter! Things will be cooling down a bit now and get some more wholesome times

Thank you guys for your support!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.7K 280 40
After years of being on the road training with Master Jiraiya, Meilani finally returns home to her adoptive brother in the Hidden Leaf. With her, she...
364K 14.2K 80
(Y/n) (L/n), once a ordinary girl, living her life in the city of Queens, New York, will soon, and literally, get hit with a life altering expiernce...
5.3K 256 11
For the first three years of her life, Sakura has only known the inside of the Senju compound, until a few days ago that is. Who knew all the unexpec...
698 16 12
Duel POV Kakashi & OC Slowburn ❤️‍🔥 Lemon 🍋 Timeline: before original series all the way to end of shippuden. (I'm pretending Baruto doesn't exis...