My Water Lily (Might Gai x OC)

By wingsofwriting

Kira was taken from her home at a young age and forced to grow up fast as she was taught jutsu but punished w... More

Chapter 1: Escape
Chapter 2: Protect them!
Chapter 3: A Visit from The White Fang
Chapter 4: New Home
Chapter 5: My Own Room
Chapter 6: The New Hatake
Chapter 7: One Friend
Chapter 8: Father's Return
Chapter 9: Birthday
Chapter 10: Storm of Sadness
Chapter 11: Lost Control
Chapter 12: Breathe
Chapter 13: New Friends
Chapter 14: Spies
Chapter 15: Training More
Chapter 16: Taijutsu
Chapter 17: Getting Stronger
Chapter 18: Finally Genin
Chapter 19: Trees and Chakra
Chapter 20: Village Chores
Chapter 21: Recommended
Chapter 22: Catching Up
Chapter 23: Chunin Exams
Chapter 24: I'm Strong
Chapter 25: Clash Between Water and Grass
Chapter 26: Missing Nin
Chapter 27: Upcoming Mission
Chapter 28: Teammates
Chapter 29: Stay Alive
Chapter 30: Lady Tsunade
Chapter 31: Because Of Me
Chapter 32: Flowers
Chapter 33: Pictured Memories
Chapter 34: Proven
Chapter 35: Staring
Chapter 36: Jealousy
Chapter 37: Truce?
Chapter 38: Investigation
Chapter 39: Keep Holding
Chapter 40: Closer
Chapter 41: Ninken Training Begins
Chapter 42: Sudden Behavior
Chapter 43: Old Acquaintances
Chapter 44: Rescue Mission
Chapter 45: A Rageful Duel
Chapter 46: Worrying Saviors
Chapter 47: It Wasn't Your Fault
Chapter 48: Grounded
Chapter 49: Please Return
Chapter 50: I'm Leaving
Intermission
Valentines Day Special
Chapter 51: My Return to the Leaf
Chapter 52: Anger Released
Chapter 53: Reunited Teammates
Chapter 54: Watchful Eyes
Chapter 55: Girl's Day Gone Wrong
Chapter 56: Nine-Tails Released
Chapter 57: Time Passes
Chapter 58: My Savior From Panic
Chapter 59: The Master's Student
Chapter 61: Back to Training
Chapter 62: We're Family
Chapter 63: An Excellent Sparring Match
Chapter 64: The Worse Case Scenario
Chapter 65: New Threat to Konoha
Chapter 66: Cursed Eyes
Chapter 67: Break The Cycle
Chapter 68: I'll Watch Over You
Chapter 69: It's Not What It Looks Like
Chapter 70: Hotspring Thoughts
Chapter 71: The Unexpected Prize
Chapter 72: New Mission and Brotherly Protectiveness
Chapter 73: Journey to the Land of Rivers
Chapter 74: Love in the Garden
Chapter 75: Not According to Plan
Chapter 76: Our Job Here Is Done
Chapter 77: Uchiha
Chapter 78: Retired
Chapter 79: Let Me Take Care of You
Chapter 80: Tired Decisions
Chapter 81: Meeting Team Gai
Chapter 82: Self Rule
Chapter 83: Lessons and Love
Chapter 84: Married
Chapter 85: Together
Chapter 86: Shinobi Headband
Chapter 87: All Mine
Chapter 88: A Happy Surprise
Chapter 89: My Family
Chapter 90: Thank You

Chapter 60: A Day Exploring Konoha

514 19 4
By wingsofwriting

Today was Naruto's third birthday!

I wanted to do something nice for him. He didn't really have any friends besides me. He likes a few of my friends but I'm unsure if they would want to celebrate, plus I'm unsure on who all would have missions.

"Maybe I could ask for Kakashi to celebrate with us...." I murmured thinking about my brother. "Hey Daiko."

The white wolf trotted over and sat down in front of me. I wrote down a small note and held it out to him.

"Could you deliver this to the third hokage please," I asked softly.

He gently bit the paper and raced off to deliver it. I got up and walked over to Naruto's room, lightly knocking on the door before opening it.

"Naruto. Time to get up," I called as I walked over to his bed, sitting down on the edge.

"Mmm," he mumbled as he shifted in his bed.

Naruto sat up a bit and rubbed his eyes as he looked up at me. I gave him a sweet closed eye smile and lightly ruffled his messy, yellow hair.

"Happy birthday," I said cheerfully as I pulled him close, hugging him tightly.

"Birthday.....It's my birthday!" He cheered as he snuggled closer to me in the hug.

I chuckled and tightly hugged him before letting him go.

"Get ready. We'll have a fun day out in the village today," I told him and his eyes brightened.

He then jumped up and began to get ready. I left to start making him breakfast, making pancakes. As he ran out I set down a plate and he immediately began to devour it.

"You're so messy," I teased as I grabbed a napkin and lightly whiped off his face.

"Don't baby me," he whined with a mouthful of pancakes.

I chuckled and left him alone so I could eat my own breakfast. I cleaned up and then we went to our shoes on. I picked up Naruto, holding above my hip as I walked out the door.

"Where would you like to go?" I asked as I began to walk around.

"Uhhhh...." he murmured.

I realized he didn't know much about the village.

"How about we just explore for now," I suggested with a smile. "Get to see more of Konoha."

"Yeah!" I replied cheerfully.

We explored many of the different shops and stalls in the village along with looking at many of the greenery. I saw a couple of odd looks from others as they spotted the young boy. Today was technically the anniversary of the Nine-Tails attack, but it was also Naruto's birthday. A day that brought so much pain, but out of it came this small child.

We stopped by the academy where the kids were inside for class. I went over to a swing tied up to a tree limb and helped him sit down. I then lightly began to push him and he smiled happily. He laughed in joy and it really brightened my mood a lot. I was so glad he was happy. He hopped off and insisted I get a turn. His attempts at pushing me were most amusing.

"Let's get ichiraku ramen for lunch," I suggested as I stood back up.

"Yay!!" He cheered and began to race off.

"Hey wait!" I called as I chased after him.

Naruto shyly peaked into Ichiraku ramen and saw the old man. The old man spotted him and he immediately shied away.

"No you can come inside," he called back.

I smiled in amusement as I watched the interaction. I then nudged him in and followed behind. I greeted the owner and helped Naruto onto his seat. We ordered ramen and enjoyed our lunch. Afterward, we wandered around Konoha some more.

"Sis..." Naruto murmured.

"Yes?" I asked curiously.

"Why do people look at me weird?" He questioned.

I looked down at him and then glanced around, casting a small glare to anyway who was looking our way.

"That's because people are weird," I responded. "Don't mind them."

"Okay!" Naruto responded.

We stayed out for a couple more hours and then headed home. I carried him on my shoulders. He seemed to enjoy being tall and I found it cute. I set him down when we got inside.

"Did you have fun?" I asked curiously as I closed the door, taking off my shoes.

"Mhm!" He responded. "Lots!"

I smiled and then heard scratching at the door. I opened it up and Daiko raced in. He went over to Naruto and lightly brushed his muzzle against him. Naruto giggled and I chuckled at the interaction.

"I think he's wishing you happy birthday," I commented as I walked further into the apartment.

I cleaned up a bit around the apartment as Daiko and Naruto ran around playing. Most of the cleaning up was caused by them but I didn't mind too much.

I heard a knock at the door and immediately raced over. I opened it and smiled happily.

"Kakashi!" I greeted and hugged my brother.

"Careful! I'm holding a cake!" He warned as he held up a hand while the other held onto me as I hugged him.

"You actually came, and you brought cake!" I commented as I pulled away.

"Yeah...I mean you asked if I could be here technically," Kakashi stated and glanced to the side. "I'm sorry I haven't been able to help you or be there for you.....Things are very hectic in the anbu right now."

"It's okay. Naruto is good company and Nari has been making sure I get out of the house more," I told him as I allowed him inside. "Gai and Kurenai have also been helpful."

"That's good," Kakashi responded as he walked inside. "Nari hasn't tried anything you're not comfortable with right?"

"No no. He's been patient and nothing but kind," I replied honestly.

"Good," he stated and then moved further into the house.

He halted when he noticed a pair of blue eyes watching him from the couch, Naruto. He stayed there for a moment and I approached cautiously, lightly poking his shoulder.

"You okay?" I asked worriedly.

"Yeah...." he murmured and then turned away heading to the kitchen.

He set down the cake and went to grab plates and everything. I watched in amusement at my brother acting as if he lived here already. I felt a tug on my pants and looked down to see Naruto.

"Who is that?" Naruto whispered as I picked him up.

"That's Kakashi," I told him. "He's family."

"Oh...." Naruto responded and stared over at the silver haired man.

Kakashi glanced over at the child and seemed to be amused.

"Kakashi is a shinobi," I told him. "He works with the hokage in the anbu."

"Whoa!" Naruto spoke in awe and I smiled. "That's cool!"

I set Naruto down and Kakashi brought over a piece of cake to the toddler.

"Happy Birthday Naruto," he said as he handed the child the plate, patting Naruto's head with his other hand.

Naruto gave a toothy grin and then raced off to go eat his cake. I chuckled and then stood beside Kakashi.

"You see so much of sensei in him, don't you?" I questioned quietly.

Kakashi sighed and then nodded.

"When I saw him, he looks so much like his father," Kakashi pointed out.

"Mhm. With Kushina's personality," I commented. "I haven't told him. About either of them...."

"Lord Third thinks it best to not give him details," Kakashi stated.

"I can't just keep everything under wraps," I murmured in frustration and sighed. "Eventually he's going to start asking...."

"Then handle it how you see fit. He's your little brother and your responsibility," Kakashi responded and wrapped an arm around his sister, pulling her in for a side hug.

"Yeah....He's technically your brother too in a way," I informed him with a snicker of amusement.

"That's too complicated," Kakashi replied tiredly. "We're all technically not related."

"Yeah, but we're still family," I retorted as I leaned my head against his shoulder.

He hummed in response and we both decided to end the conversation there and eat some cake. Naruto asked Kakashi several questions about being a shinobi and I just sat listening in amusement. He seemed to be having fun, and Kakashi seemed more relaxed. I'm glad. I'm sure he's been super stressed with work.

I kinda want to start picking up missions again. Hospital work has been better, but I still felt looked down on amongst the adults.

"I'll be heading out. It is late and Naruto should get to bed," Kakashi commented.

"Ah, yeah," I replied as I picked up the sleepy toddler. "Have a goodnight Kakashi."

"You as well," he responded and took off.

I took Naruto to bed, gently setting down and tucking him in. I smiled as I brushed a hand through his hair before leaving his room.

"Goodnight," I murmured and then closed the door.

I wasn't too tired yet. I decided to go sit on the roof and stare off into the night sky. I laid there, staring up at the different constellations along with the bright moon.

"Didn't think you'd be up this late," a voice spoke and I immediately sat up from my spot.

"Gai...." I spoke surprised as he moved over, sitting next to me.

"Are you stargazing?" He asked curiously.

I nodded. "Yeah, but also thinking..."

"Ah," he replied and we stayed silent for a long time.

"What are you doing out so late?" I asked him eventually, starting to feel more tired.

"I was training of course!" He declared and I chuckled.

"Of course you were," I commented and then moved over, leaning my head against his shoulder tiredly. "I think I want to do missions again..."

"You do?" Gai said surprised.

"Mhm. I'd get paid more for higher missions," I stated. "I could take care of Naruto better and he's old enough to somewhat survive small portions of time alone. Daiko would be there too and maybe some friends can help."

Gai just listened and nodded.

"Plus, I miss missions. I miss training. Being a medical ninja is great and all, but my skills are more useful for fatal and worse situations. More on the field stuff anyway," I pointed out. "A shinobi is who I am and I promised Daiki I would become the strongest for him."

"Guess we're rivals as well then," Gai teased with a hearty chuckle.

"Sure," I responded sleepily as my eyes began to droop. "I also always liked going on missions with you...."

Gai looked over surprised and before he could say anything, I had fallen asleep. He watched in conflict, but held onto my sleeping form protectively.

"I liked going on missions with you too," he murmured.

Here's a chapter babyyyyy!

Hope you enjoyed! Naruto is growing up! So excited to do more stuff with him and Kira's relationship.

Also threw in some Kakashi and Gai moments cause we love our boys ❤

Another chapter will be out soon!! Thank you for your support!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

453K 13.9K 43
What happens when a young (and bratty) girl's body is taken over by.... herself? Well, from the future. Konohagakure is in the midst of a deadly war...
6.4K 468 74
After a major mission went horribly wrong, the Leaf shinobi were ordered to retreat and abandon those left behind, even if it meant leaving teammates...
33.9K 1.1K 37
Akiyama Yui lost her clan when a tailed beast attacked her village. For years she isolated herself from others and pushed through grief and depressio...
4.3K 82 9
After the death of the Fourth Hokage and his Wife, Y/N started becoming alone. Y/N wasn't used to it, because it was quiet. The only household Y/N u...