My Water Lily (Might Gai x OC)

By wingsofwriting

Kira was taken from her home at a young age and forced to grow up fast as she was taught jutsu but punished w... More

Chapter 1: Escape
Chapter 2: Protect them!
Chapter 3: A Visit from The White Fang
Chapter 4: New Home
Chapter 5: My Own Room
Chapter 6: The New Hatake
Chapter 7: One Friend
Chapter 8: Father's Return
Chapter 9: Birthday
Chapter 10: Storm of Sadness
Chapter 11: Lost Control
Chapter 12: Breathe
Chapter 13: New Friends
Chapter 14: Spies
Chapter 15: Training More
Chapter 16: Taijutsu
Chapter 17: Getting Stronger
Chapter 18: Finally Genin
Chapter 19: Trees and Chakra
Chapter 20: Village Chores
Chapter 21: Recommended
Chapter 22: Catching Up
Chapter 23: Chunin Exams
Chapter 24: I'm Strong
Chapter 25: Clash Between Water and Grass
Chapter 26: Missing Nin
Chapter 27: Upcoming Mission
Chapter 28: Teammates
Chapter 29: Stay Alive
Chapter 30: Lady Tsunade
Chapter 31: Because Of Me
Chapter 32: Flowers
Chapter 33: Pictured Memories
Chapter 34: Proven
Chapter 35: Staring
Chapter 36: Jealousy
Chapter 37: Truce?
Chapter 38: Investigation
Chapter 39: Keep Holding
Chapter 40: Closer
Chapter 41: Ninken Training Begins
Chapter 42: Sudden Behavior
Chapter 43: Old Acquaintances
Chapter 44: Rescue Mission
Chapter 45: A Rageful Duel
Chapter 46: Worrying Saviors
Chapter 47: It Wasn't Your Fault
Chapter 48: Grounded
Chapter 49: Please Return
Chapter 50: I'm Leaving
Intermission
Valentines Day Special
Chapter 52: Anger Released
Chapter 53: Reunited Teammates
Chapter 54: Watchful Eyes
Chapter 55: Girl's Day Gone Wrong
Chapter 56: Nine-Tails Released
Chapter 57: Time Passes
Chapter 58: My Savior From Panic
Chapter 59: The Master's Student
Chapter 60: A Day Exploring Konoha
Chapter 61: Back to Training
Chapter 62: We're Family
Chapter 63: An Excellent Sparring Match
Chapter 64: The Worse Case Scenario
Chapter 65: New Threat to Konoha
Chapter 66: Cursed Eyes
Chapter 67: Break The Cycle
Chapter 68: I'll Watch Over You
Chapter 69: It's Not What It Looks Like
Chapter 70: Hotspring Thoughts
Chapter 71: The Unexpected Prize
Chapter 72: New Mission and Brotherly Protectiveness
Chapter 73: Journey to the Land of Rivers
Chapter 74: Love in the Garden
Chapter 75: Not According to Plan
Chapter 76: Our Job Here Is Done
Chapter 77: Uchiha
Chapter 78: Retired
Chapter 79: Let Me Take Care of You
Chapter 80: Tired Decisions
Chapter 81: Meeting Team Gai
Chapter 82: Self Rule
Chapter 83: Lessons and Love
Chapter 84: Married
Chapter 85: Together
Chapter 86: Shinobi Headband
Chapter 87: All Mine
Chapter 88: A Happy Surprise
Chapter 89: My Family
Chapter 90: Thank You

Chapter 51: My Return to the Leaf

719 22 3
By wingsofwriting

(A/N: A little gift along with the new chapter! Here's some up to date Kira art so you knows what she looks like now! Adorable! That's what!)

The sky was a beautiful blue and clouds scattered the sky forming several shapes as they occasionally covered the sun as they passed by through the sky. The village was bustling usual, shops selling their supplies and restaurants seating customers.

The wind would occasionally pick up and leaves would scatter that had fallen from the branch too soon. The guards stood by the gate as they always did and looked over as they noticed two figures walking to the gate. One of the figures as a large, white wolf and the other was a girl with a Leaf Headband. That girl was me.

I smiled as I walked back through the gates of Konoha after three years. The war was over and my medical training was complete. Now it was time for me to experience and learn new things on my own as I work through the medical field. I wore a long, loose sleeved blue kimono shirt and grey pants that stopped to my mid calf. I wore black sandals and white bandages lined up from my ankles to just below my knee. My hair was short again, just lightly brushing my shoulders. I wondered if anyone would recognize me after so long.

I was fourteen now. Still young with much to learn. I was so happy when I heard the war was over during our travels and even learned that Minato became the new Hokage. Knowing these things made me want to come home more. Things would be better now.

I began to walk through the village heading for the hokage tower and I could sense Daiko getting anxious. He wasn't use to be around a lot of people in awhile.

"Go for a walk. You can find me later," I told him.

His tail wagged a bit at those words and then raced off. I smiled in amusement and continued my trek. When I arrived I lightly knocked on the office door and heard a faint come in. I pushed open the door and walked in.

"Evening Lord fourth," I spoke respectfully as I stood before him.

When he looked up, he seemed frozen for a second but then smiled in realization.

"Kira. You've come home," Minato spoke happily as he stood up and walked over to me.

I nodded and smiled as well.

"How was training," he asked curiously.

"I've learned a lot and I've become stronger. Princess Tsunade was a wonderful teacher and I've improved greatly," I told him.

"You'll have to tell me more about it some time. I'm sure it's a long story," he commented as he lightly ruffled my hair.

"Yeah. Probably best," I responded. "I came by to let you know I have returned and after a few days I would like to start being assigned missions again."

"Wonderful," he replied. "If I may, could you possibly stay with Kushina for awhile."

"Uh. Of course. How come?" I asked curiously.

"She's currently pregnant and having a medical nin nearby would most likely ease my worries," he said.

"She is!" I spoke joyfully. "That's wonderful. I'm so happy for you two!"

"Thank you," he responded with a small gleeful smile. "I also figured it would be like old times having you stay at the household."

"Do you know where Kakashi is by the way?" I asked curiously.

"He's apart of the anbu now," Minato replied. "So he's been all around."

"Ah. I see. So the Hatake house is probably now someone else's," I commented.

"Don't worry about that Kira. It doesn't matter about the house as long as you still hold the memories dear to you," he stated.

I nodded in agreement. We then parted ways and I made my way to Kushina's house. I lightly knocked before entering.

"I'm home," I called out as I began to take off my shoes.

I walked into the house and set down my bag before looking around. I then ducked when a spatula came at me out of no where.

"Wait mom! I mean..." I spoke shocked at my own words.

"Kira?" Kushina spoke as she walked over.

She seemed to stand there, taking in my appearance before a smile began to form on her face.

"Welcome home!" She called as she moved to me quickly, enveloping me in a hug.

I slowly hugged her back and tears began to form in my eyes.

"It's good to be home," I spoke softly as I pulled away from the hug.

I gazed over her and then looked at her now obvious stomach.

"How far along are you?" I asked curiously.

"Four months," she replied softly as she lightly rubbed her belly. "I'm so happy you're back. It's been so long!"

I nodded in agreement.

"What all has happened since I've been gone?" I asked curiously.

She stood there for a moment, thinking to herself as if she was carefully choosing what she said next.

"Besides the war ending and Minato becoming Hokage, nothing else has really happened," she stated. "A couple of your friends became jonin."

"Oh. That's great," I replied. "I think I'm gonna go wander around the village for awhile and take in the scenery. I'll be back by sunset."

"Good. I will have dinner done by then," Kushina responded with a cheeky smile.

I hugged her one more time before heading out. I walked around the village, taking in the familiar but different surroundings. Only a few things changed. Some of the buildings were a bit different but that seemed to be most of it. Konoha was actually bustling with more people since it was more peaceful now. No worry of war or anything.

"Is that....Kira?"

I looked over at the dumpling place and smiled when I saw some familiar faces.

"Kurenai, Asuma, Ebisu, Genma! It's so good to see you guys!" I spoke happily as I raced over, hugging Kurenai.

"It's so good to see you!" Kurenai responded as she hugged me back.

"Did you just get back?" Asuma asked curiously.

"Yeah. I just stopped by the hokage's office and dropped my things off at home," I replied.

"Wow. So you've only been here for a little while," Ebisu stated.

I nodded.

"Wanna join us for dumplings?" Genma offered.

"Not today. I'm taking in the sights for now and hopefully I'll be able to see everyone else," I responding with a smile.

"Well, Gai is always training and Nari is usually just at the Hyuga household," Asuma stated.

"Ah. Well, I probably won't bother them then. Maybe I'll find someone else," I replied before waving goodbye as I took my leave.

"She doesn't know....does she.." Kurenai murmured once I was out of sight.

"No. She doesn't," Genma stated with a sad sigh.

I walked around for awhile longer. I wandered out towards the greenery. I came upon a hill and recognized the tree I use to sit under with Rin. I smiled as memories came to me.

Flashback

I had been staring off at the view for awhile.

"Earth to Kira," Rin called as she waved a hand in front of my face. "Are you still conscious?"

I snapped out of my thoughts and looked up at my friend. I nodded with a smile.

"Of course I am. I guess I got lost in the view," I commented.

We were currently sitting on a hill under a tree as we stared at the beauty of the Village Hidden in the Leaves.

"They've probably returned and gotten their results now. We should go meet them at the hokage tower," Rin stated as she stood up. "Kakashi will be meeting us there too."

"Yeah," I responded and got up as we raced off.

End of flashback

"I should go see Rin," I spoke to myself and went to run off.

I heard howling and looked over seeing Daiko. I smiled as he raced up to me and I kneeled down.

"Hey bud," I greeted as I pet his head before standing back up. "Where have you been?"

When I looked back up, I was hit with what felt like a boulder with arms that wrapped around me. When I opened my eyes all I saw was green as I stood frozen.

"Gai...." I murmured surprised.

"You're home!" He cheered and basically picked me up in his grasp spinning me around.

I held onto him out of instinct since my feet were off the ground. I chuckled in amusement as I was spun around. When he set me down, I held onto his arms for balance, finally looking up at him. He'd gotten taller, but still seemed like the same Gai from three years ago.

"I'm so happy you're home," he spoke more softly which surprised me. "I missed your youthful presence."

I was worried he was about to start tearing up so I hugged him tightly.

"I missed you too Gai," I murmured.

I pulled away and smiled up at him.

"How have you been?" I asked curiously.

"Good! I've been training a lot and working really hard on the technique my father passed down to me," Gai told me.

"That's great! I've learned quite a bit of new things myself," I stated confidently with a smirk.

"Really?!" Gai shouted as his eyes sparkled with excitement. "You'll definitely have to show me sometime, maybe in a sparring match!"

"Maybe not a sparring match. I'm still worried I'll hurt you," I commented.

"You could never hurt me Kira. I'm too strong," he exclaimed as he did a pose, slightly flexing his limbs.

"Alright ya dope," I responded as I lightly shoved him.

"But really Kira....I'm really happy you're back. I've missed you...like a lot," Gai responded as he scratched the back of his head, his cheeks tinted pink now.

"I missed you too Gai. It was hard getting use to your absence when I left," I admitted. "Guess I have to adjust back to it now since I'm home."

"You will! We've got so much to catch up and dango to eat together!" Gai cheered.

I giggled in amusement at his antics.

"That's amazing," I replied happily. "Do you know how Kakashi has been? I heard he's in the anbu now."

"Well uh..." Gai said a bit stuck on what to say. "He went through some rough times about a year ago but...I think he's better now. You being back will definitely make everything better."

"I'll help him anyway I can," I said smiling. "It was nice to see you but I wanna go meet up with someone else."

"Who?" Gai asked curiously as he followed after me, Daiko following behind on our heels.

"Rin! It's been forever and I haven't seen her yet," I replied glancing back at him.

When I faced forward again I felt Gai grabbed my arm and halt my movement. I looked at him confused.

"Uh...Rin can wait. Let's hang out some more," he immediately said as he stared down at the grass.

"You can come with me Gai if you don't want to be alone," I responded.

"It's not....Kira," Gai said as if in a panic. "I challenge you now! Let's fight!"

"Gai! I don't want to fight you. I've told you this many times already," I stated as I began to try and pull my arm out of his grasp. "I just got back!"

His grip turned into one of iron and refused for me to pull away from his grasp. Daiko growled slightly, noticing the atmosphere change from cheerful to worrisome.

"Just....don't leave right now!" He responded.

"Why? Gai? Why are you acting like this? Please let go," I asked as I still pulled against him.

"If....If....." Gai murmured as he finally let go of my wrist, still staring at the ground.

"If what Gai!? Tell me!" I shouted at him.

He looked up at me and we both stood there silent as can be. His face held only sadness which confused me further.

"Kira.....Rin.....Rin died..." Gai finally informed me.

I felt my body stiffen in shock as my eyes widened at the words that came out of his mouth.

"......What....."

I'm back!!!

I felt like publishing now because I wanted to! I don't know when the next chapter will be out but I hope you enjoyed this!

Some cliffhanger angst!

But! You got cute reunion with Gai!!! Let's goooooo!!

I hope you enjoyed this chapter!!!

Have a great night/morning! Love y'all!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.6K 280 40
After years of being on the road training with Master Jiraiya, Meilani finally returns home to her adoptive brother in the Hidden Leaf. With her, she...
6.4K 468 74
After a major mission went horribly wrong, the Leaf shinobi were ordered to retreat and abandon those left behind, even if it meant leaving teammates...
Enough By Josie

Fanfiction

296K 11.7K 75
What if Sakura had a good teacher, one that paid a little closer attention, one that encouraged her growth. Honestly, I want a Sakura with character...
364K 14.2K 80
(Y/n) (L/n), once a ordinary girl, living her life in the city of Queens, New York, will soon, and literally, get hit with a life altering expiernce...