My Water Lily (Might Gai x OC)

By wingsofwriting

Kira was taken from her home at a young age and forced to grow up fast as she was taught jutsu but punished w... More

Chapter 1: Escape
Chapter 2: Protect them!
Chapter 3: A Visit from The White Fang
Chapter 4: New Home
Chapter 5: My Own Room
Chapter 6: The New Hatake
Chapter 7: One Friend
Chapter 8: Father's Return
Chapter 9: Birthday
Chapter 10: Storm of Sadness
Chapter 11: Lost Control
Chapter 12: Breathe
Chapter 13: New Friends
Chapter 14: Spies
Chapter 15: Training More
Chapter 16: Taijutsu
Chapter 17: Getting Stronger
Chapter 18: Finally Genin
Chapter 19: Trees and Chakra
Chapter 20: Village Chores
Chapter 21: Recommended
Chapter 22: Catching Up
Chapter 23: Chunin Exams
Chapter 24: I'm Strong
Chapter 25: Clash Between Water and Grass
Chapter 27: Upcoming Mission
Chapter 28: Teammates
Chapter 29: Stay Alive
Chapter 30: Lady Tsunade
Chapter 31: Because Of Me
Chapter 32: Flowers
Chapter 33: Pictured Memories
Chapter 34: Proven
Chapter 35: Staring
Chapter 36: Jealousy
Chapter 37: Truce?
Chapter 38: Investigation
Chapter 39: Keep Holding
Chapter 40: Closer
Chapter 41: Ninken Training Begins
Chapter 42: Sudden Behavior
Chapter 43: Old Acquaintances
Chapter 44: Rescue Mission
Chapter 45: A Rageful Duel
Chapter 46: Worrying Saviors
Chapter 47: It Wasn't Your Fault
Chapter 48: Grounded
Chapter 49: Please Return
Chapter 50: I'm Leaving
Intermission
Valentines Day Special
Chapter 51: My Return to the Leaf
Chapter 52: Anger Released
Chapter 53: Reunited Teammates
Chapter 54: Watchful Eyes
Chapter 55: Girl's Day Gone Wrong
Chapter 56: Nine-Tails Released
Chapter 57: Time Passes
Chapter 58: My Savior From Panic
Chapter 59: The Master's Student
Chapter 60: A Day Exploring Konoha
Chapter 61: Back to Training
Chapter 62: We're Family
Chapter 63: An Excellent Sparring Match
Chapter 64: The Worse Case Scenario
Chapter 65: New Threat to Konoha
Chapter 66: Cursed Eyes
Chapter 67: Break The Cycle
Chapter 68: I'll Watch Over You
Chapter 69: It's Not What It Looks Like
Chapter 70: Hotspring Thoughts
Chapter 71: The Unexpected Prize
Chapter 72: New Mission and Brotherly Protectiveness
Chapter 73: Journey to the Land of Rivers
Chapter 74: Love in the Garden
Chapter 75: Not According to Plan
Chapter 76: Our Job Here Is Done
Chapter 77: Uchiha
Chapter 78: Retired
Chapter 79: Let Me Take Care of You
Chapter 80: Tired Decisions
Chapter 81: Meeting Team Gai
Chapter 82: Self Rule
Chapter 83: Lessons and Love
Chapter 84: Married
Chapter 85: Together
Chapter 86: Shinobi Headband
Chapter 87: All Mine
Chapter 88: A Happy Surprise
Chapter 89: My Family
Chapter 90: Thank You

Chapter 26: Missing Nin

739 26 3
By wingsofwriting

"Again," I called as I sat under a tree with a few books beside me.

I had looked up to watch Nari and Daiki spar some since I had arranged for us to meet and train a week after the Chunin exams. I had challenged Daiki and Nari to spar without relying on any jutsu and the main focus was to strengthen their taijutsu. Nari being a user of gentle fist already has a good grasp on it, but I figured him fighting Daiki would help motivate Daiki to work more on his taijutsu since it the thing he hates.

I watched Daiki fall to the ground again and sighed.

"Take a break," I told them and began to read once again.

I was dressed in my usual garb, a grayish blue shirt with a chainmail long-sleeved underneath with grey long pants. The only difference now was that I had the flak jacket on as well. It felt odd wearing it, but I figured I had worked hard to earn this. I don't always wear it, but today it felt necessary since I needed to coral some shinobi.

"What are you even reading Kira?" Daiki questioned as he sat down beside me.

"Medical jutsu books along with some other healing and medicinal literature. I want to learn as much as I can before asking to train at the hospital," I told them. "My duties as a shinobi will come first but knowing medicine and healing jutsu is always helpful, especially since so many rare people use it. We need it more than ever since we're in a war."

"Ohhh. That's really cool," Daiki stated and looked over a few of the books.

"Is this something you've always had in mind?" Nari questioned.

"Not originally, but I kinda thought if I want to be able to save people, I can do it in more ways than one," I commented with a smile.

Nari smiled back and took a drink of water as our team relaxed together. After a few minutes of silence, Daiki broke the tension and asked a question we all wondered.

"Where did Emiyo Sensei even go...." Daiki murmured.

"Yeah. I understand chunin can take over for teams, but that doesn't mean the Sensei is supposed to just up and disappear," Nari stated. "Teams still need training, especially if they want a chance to become chunin as well."

"Yeah...." I murmured with a sigh.

"I haven't even seen her in the Village and you would think we'd run into her once in awhile or maybe visit us..." Daiki said sadly. "Something isn't right."

"I'll speak with the Hokage about this later," I told them. "Hopefully there is a logical explanation."

They nodded in agreement.

"In the meantime, I'll find some scrolls and books over fire release techniques for you Daiki. Since neither Nari and I can help you, I figured I could lead you down the right track and assist you in anyway I can," I informed him with a smile.

"Ah....Thank you Kira," Daiki replied and smiled gratefully. "I promise to actually read them!"

"You better keep that promise or she'll make you do taijutsu more often," Nari said, threatening him in order to motivate him.

"Okay! Okay! I'll definitely read them," Daiki spoke nervously and sighed. "You guys are so mean to me."

"We're your friends idiot," I told him. "So we're just looking out for you."

Daiki nodded and then laid back in the grass, staring up at the clouds.

"Say. Won't we be able to do more C rank missions now with Kira as a chunin," Daiki questioned.

"Not sure....We usually have a jonin with us and since we can't find our Sensei who knows what missions we'll be receiving," I explained.

"Awww," Daiki whined.

"We'll survive," Nari said. "We just need to train harder and make it to the next Chunin exam."

"Right!" Daiki replied with a cheeky smile.

"Since you both are in the right spirits, get back to sparring," I ordered and they sighed, reluctantly doing so.

I eventually called it a day and went on my way to the Hokage's office. I lightly knocked before entering and bowed respectively.

"Hokage sir. I have some questions I need to ask you if you have the time," I said as I stood before the Third Hokage.

"Go ahead Kira," he responded and I nodded.

"Emiyo Tanaka. Do you know her whereabouts?" I asked.

"Your Sensei?" The third questioned as he began to think. "You haven't seen her at all?"

"No lord Hokage. The last time I saw her was after the Chunin exams and she said she entrusted the team to me. I haven't seen her since," I explained. "Is she on a mission or something?"

"No. She hasn't taken any missions in awhile, claiming she was busy training you all," he responded and hummed in thought. "She's disappeared then."

"Disappeared..." I spoke quietly.

"We'll put her on the list of MIA and send a small investigation group," Lord Hokage stated. "But that is all I can do."

"Alright," I replied and bowed my head. "Thank you, Lord Hokage."

I then left the building and tears began to fill my eyes. My Sensei had just....Disappeared. A week ago when I saw her, was that her saying her final goodbyes? Is she even alive? Where could she be?

"Oi Kira," a voice called and I immediately began to rub my eyes.

I looked up and saw Obito walk over to me. I smiled kindly.

"Obito! It's nice to see you," I greeted happily.

"Likewise but....is everything okay? You were crying," he pointed out and I sighed.

"No. My Sensei is reporting missing and I don't feel ready to lead my team yet. I'm scared I'll mess up," I explained.

He put a hand on my shoulder and gave me a reassuring squeeze as he smiled at me.

"Kira. You'll do great as your team leader. You already got Chunin on your first try anyway," Obito pointed out.

"I guess so," I murmured and then a light bulb went off in my head. "Obito! Could I ask a favor?"

"Uh, sure. Why not," he responded.

"Could you train with my teammate Daiki some. He's a fire release user just like you but I can't teach him new jutsu or anything," I explained. "If you would be able to help him learn some new things and hone his skills, that would be amazing."

"Hmmmm. Sure thing!" Obito replied.

"Really? Thank you Obito!" I cheered and hugged him. "You're a lifesaver...."

Hello lovely readers!!! I hope you've been enjoying the story so far!!

I'll be taking a small break. Should be just a few days due to the college semester starting back up. Oh boyyyyy

So I'll most likely be writing lots this weekend and will be publishing more chapters!!!!

Thank you all for reading! Love you guys!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

33.9K 1.1K 37
Akiyama Yui lost her clan when a tailed beast attacked her village. For years she isolated herself from others and pushed through grief and depressio...
15.8K 280 40
After years of being on the road training with Master Jiraiya, Meilani finally returns home to her adoptive brother in the Hidden Leaf. With her, she...
776K 31.4K 140
The life of a Shinobi is difficult to endure as we come across many obstacles that are tragic, but we have hope to achieve peace and protect our love...
24.5K 710 64
You have an untold past that only the third hokage, you and Naruto Uzumaki knows. Naruto is your best friend at the hidden leaf academy. After gradua...