My Water Lily (Might Gai x OC)

By wingsofwriting

Kira was taken from her home at a young age and forced to grow up fast as she was taught jutsu but punished w... More

Chapter 1: Escape
Chapter 2: Protect them!
Chapter 3: A Visit from The White Fang
Chapter 4: New Home
Chapter 5: My Own Room
Chapter 6: The New Hatake
Chapter 7: One Friend
Chapter 8: Father's Return
Chapter 9: Birthday
Chapter 10: Storm of Sadness
Chapter 12: Breathe
Chapter 13: New Friends
Chapter 14: Spies
Chapter 15: Training More
Chapter 16: Taijutsu
Chapter 17: Getting Stronger
Chapter 18: Finally Genin
Chapter 19: Trees and Chakra
Chapter 20: Village Chores
Chapter 21: Recommended
Chapter 22: Catching Up
Chapter 23: Chunin Exams
Chapter 24: I'm Strong
Chapter 25: Clash Between Water and Grass
Chapter 26: Missing Nin
Chapter 27: Upcoming Mission
Chapter 28: Teammates
Chapter 29: Stay Alive
Chapter 30: Lady Tsunade
Chapter 31: Because Of Me
Chapter 32: Flowers
Chapter 33: Pictured Memories
Chapter 34: Proven
Chapter 35: Staring
Chapter 36: Jealousy
Chapter 37: Truce?
Chapter 38: Investigation
Chapter 39: Keep Holding
Chapter 40: Closer
Chapter 41: Ninken Training Begins
Chapter 42: Sudden Behavior
Chapter 43: Old Acquaintances
Chapter 44: Rescue Mission
Chapter 45: A Rageful Duel
Chapter 46: Worrying Saviors
Chapter 47: It Wasn't Your Fault
Chapter 48: Grounded
Chapter 49: Please Return
Chapter 50: I'm Leaving
Intermission
Valentines Day Special
Chapter 51: My Return to the Leaf
Chapter 52: Anger Released
Chapter 53: Reunited Teammates
Chapter 54: Watchful Eyes
Chapter 55: Girl's Day Gone Wrong
Chapter 56: Nine-Tails Released
Chapter 57: Time Passes
Chapter 58: My Savior From Panic
Chapter 59: The Master's Student
Chapter 60: A Day Exploring Konoha
Chapter 61: Back to Training
Chapter 62: We're Family
Chapter 63: An Excellent Sparring Match
Chapter 64: The Worse Case Scenario
Chapter 65: New Threat to Konoha
Chapter 66: Cursed Eyes
Chapter 67: Break The Cycle
Chapter 68: I'll Watch Over You
Chapter 69: It's Not What It Looks Like
Chapter 70: Hotspring Thoughts
Chapter 71: The Unexpected Prize
Chapter 72: New Mission and Brotherly Protectiveness
Chapter 73: Journey to the Land of Rivers
Chapter 74: Love in the Garden
Chapter 75: Not According to Plan
Chapter 76: Our Job Here Is Done
Chapter 77: Uchiha
Chapter 78: Retired
Chapter 79: Let Me Take Care of You
Chapter 80: Tired Decisions
Chapter 81: Meeting Team Gai
Chapter 82: Self Rule
Chapter 83: Lessons and Love
Chapter 84: Married
Chapter 85: Together
Chapter 86: Shinobi Headband
Chapter 87: All Mine
Chapter 88: A Happy Surprise
Chapter 89: My Family
Chapter 90: Thank You

Chapter 11: Lost Control

1K 45 14
By wingsofwriting

Many months passed since Sakumo's death and I feel only slightly better. Kakashi has kept his distance a bit from me, but one of the biggest changes I noticed was him leaving his scarf behind. I lightly picked it up and wrapped it around my own neck since it was now the colder season in Konoha, though it isn't cold enough to snow unfortunately. I guess that's one thing I miss about the Mist.

Recently he hasn't been packing lunches either I figured out since I saw his bag after he came home one day. I made him some rice and some veggies. It was the best I could do at my age and level of intelligence when it came to cooking. Tying the scarf close to my body and slipping on my jacket, I raced off to the academy.

Adults and townspeople were a bit more friendly to me now. I went to town a lot to distract myself from my home life whenever I'm not training myself. Kakashi had stopped training me. I didn't question him, but it bothered me more than I thought it would. I wanted me brother back.

I waved to a few stalls as adults greeted me as I walked into town. I put on a smile, a facade I've had to do a lot. I didn't want to appear broken. I wanted to be strong so that I can help others.

I soon arrived to the academy and walked inside. I'd never been inside before, only outside for whenever I would meet Kakashi after his class ends.

"Uh. Can I help you?" An shinobi asked me when he spotted me wandering the academy halls.

"Actually yes! I'm here to deliver my brother's lunch. He left it at home," I informed him.

"Who is your brother?" He asked.

"Kakashi Hatake," I responded.

"Hatake....Ah yes. I'll take you to their classroom. Everyone is doing self-study right now so you came at the perfect time," he informed me as he lead me to the classroom.

"That's good," I replied quietly. "Thank you."

When we arrived to the classroom the shinobi left me and I felt so nervous for some reason. When was the last time I actually talked to him? I couldn't recall. We only ever had brief conversations when it came to errands or food. I took a deep breath before I slowly opened the door and stepped inside. All eyes were on me immediately and I'd never felt more self conscious before in my life. Kakashi's stare was the most intimidating out of all of them. I built up enough courage and walked over to him.

"Why are you here?" Kakashi questioned as he stared down at me.

"You....You left your lunch at home so I came to deliver it," I responded and held out the box for him.

He sighed and took the box. "Next time just stay at home. I can make my own lunch."

"But you don't..." I murmured for only him to hear.

"That's my own business," he muttered. "I don't need you to look after me. I don't need anyone."

"Kakashi. But you're my brother," I began to reason with him.

"No I'm not. You're not my sister. You're just a Mist girl I'm stuck with now," he growled and my eyes widened.

Tears began to fill my eyes and I clenched my fist.

"Fine then," I replied and then took off the scarf and shoved it in his face. "Make sure to wear this or will get a cold. But why should I care....I'm just some Mist girl."

Kakashi stared in surprise at the scarf and then watched as I raced out of the classroom, tears falling down my cheeks. I ran to my safe place. The stream. I ran and ran until I fell to my knees on the water, it only reaching up to my waist as I sat.

My tears began to mix with the water as I stared at my blurry reflection.

"My own brother doesn't even want me anymore....I'm a result from the enemy.....I shouldn't even be here," I cried.

I stared at the water. I could easily drown myself.....The thought was so tempting but I couldn't bring myself to do such a thing. I had promise to him...Father....That I would become a shinobi and heal others.

I threw my fist into the air and then froze when I watched the water around me rise. I gasped and then set down my hand, the water returning to the stream. I stood from my spot, using Chakra on my feet to stand on the stream water. I stared at my hands and then looked to the water. I moved it around and the water's flow stilled. I lifted my hands up and lines of water began to move into the air.

My eyes widened. This was....Water Manipulation. I could control water.....Not just in ninjutsu. I was doing a small celebration jump but then reality hit me again. The only reason I was out here was because I was sad....I've lost a lot....

I was broken from my thoughts when I felt a presence nearby. It wasn't one I was familiar with. I stood up and looked in the direction I sensed them. I began to back away and raced off in the opposite direction. It was no good when I came face first into a body that appear before me. I fell back only my head and looked up, my eyes widening. Mist Shinobi....How did he get past the walls of Konoha?

"You're the one we've been looking for," he spoke menacingly. "Come back home with us. You don't belong here. Think of how great you'll be back in the Country of Water..."

I froze. Was I seriously considering such an offer....No. I didn't want to go back there. They would just hurt me again and again. But would I rather feel physical pain or emotional.....No. I wouldn't betray my new home.

"No!" I yelled. "I won't go back!"

"Then we'll do things the hard way," he responded and began to do hand signs.

My eyes widened and I went to run, but it was too late.

"Suirou no Jutsu!"

I screamed as water began to surround me. The thing I could control was now against me. I was trapped in a prison of water. I held my breath as I stayed still. I began to punch the water, even try and manipulate it, but I knew that as long as that Shinobi had his hand on the prison, I had no power of escape.

"Too easy. Should've just sent one of the younger ones to do this work," he said as he yawned.

I couldn't hold my breath for much longer. Am I going to die here? No...They just want me weak and unconscious so I can be used as a weapon once again. I don't want that....Please.

The last pieces of air I had escaped my mouth as I lost consciousness and water began to fill my lungs as I drowned.

3rd Pov

The Mist Shinobi scoffed as he stared as the young girl fell unconscious.

"Why does it matter if I take her back alive anyway...." he murmured but then looked up in surprise as a kunai whizzed past his head.

"Let her go!" A yellow haired shinobi called as he appeared before the Mist ninja in a flash.

"Pfft. You actually want this brat?" The Mist ninja laughed. "Fine. I'll let her go, but I'll defeat you."

He took his hand off the water prison, releasing the jutsu, causing the water to wash away and Kira to lay on the ground. He charged at the yellow haired shinobi as he did hand signals, a sword made of water being created in his hands as he slashed at the Leaf ninja. The yellow hair ninja dodged all of his attacks easily and then threw a kunai.

"You missed!" The mist ninja mocked him.

"Did I?" The yellow hair shinobi asked as he disappeared and then appeared behind the mist ninja, sending him flying into a tree.

"You....You're the Yellow flash," the Mist ninja noticed as he coughed as he struggled to stand. "Minato Namikaze."

"Well, glad to know I'm even famous in the Mist," Minato replied with a smirk and them glanced over when he saw another Leaf Shinobi arrive. "Take the girl to the hospital immediately. I've got this covered here."

They nodded and then picked up Kira, leaping towards the direction of town.

"What a pain...." the mist ninja spoke. "I won't go down so easy."

"Then let me shorten this for time sake," Minato replied as he created a blue ball of spinning chakra.

Both shinobi charges at each other and the Yellow Flash was able to hit the Mist Ninja with his Rasengan, sending him flying through the forest.

In town everyone began to be become wary as rumors of a Mist Shinobi already made it's way there. Class at the academy had just let out and Gai ran over to Kakashi. Gai now sporting his new bullcut hairstyle as he looked at his friend in excitement.

"I challenge you as my new rival!" Gai called. "If I win this time you'll apologize to Kira and if I lose I'll do 500 push ups on my fingertips!"

"Why would you have such stakes? Whether I apologize to her or not doesn't matter," Kakashi responded having no care about the situation.

"But Kakashi!" Gai argued passionately. "Kira is your family! She's all you have now right! Your father meant a lot to her too. She's hurting just the same. She just wants to help you."

"How would you know?" Kakashi questioned as he narrowed his eyes.

"I can see it in her eyes," Gai admitted and sighed. "And her smile, it's always fake now."

"...Gai.." Kakashi began to say and then saw a few Leaf Jonin raced last them towards the forest. "What is going on?"

"I just received word that a Mist Shinobi snuck past the gates and attacked a civilian," one of the academy sensei explained. "They had to send them to the hospital for immediate attention."

"A civilian...Why would a Mist Ninja attack a random civilian?" Gai pondered as he tried to think of a reason.

Kakashi's eyes widened and he began to run to the hospital. Gai was confused, but followed after his rival.

"Kakashi! What's going on?" He asked as he grabbed Kakashi's arm, stopping him.

"Kira!" Kakashi replied hurriedly.

Gai's eyes widened and both academy students ran to the hospital as fast as they could.

Hehehe! Long chapter today!!

First appearance of Minato Namikaze! Woo-hoo!

Also the Mist is being sus

Hope you guys enjoyed the chapter!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

364K 14.2K 80
(Y/n) (L/n), once a ordinary girl, living her life in the city of Queens, New York, will soon, and literally, get hit with a life altering expiernce...
24.4K 710 64
You have an untold past that only the third hokage, you and Naruto Uzumaki knows. Naruto is your best friend at the hidden leaf academy. After gradua...
453K 13.9K 43
What happens when a young (and bratty) girl's body is taken over by.... herself? Well, from the future. Konohagakure is in the midst of a deadly war...
581 55 17
Tale as old as time True as it can be Barely even friends Then somebody bends Unexpectedly Just a little change Small to say the least Both a little...