Different Kinds {GirlXGirl}

By smoaka16

DeLacy lives a normal life, in a sense. She can't talk to others and she has to be patient, they'd kill her i... More

Burn the house down
Sleepover
What's for breakfast?
Game starter
Ready or not...
Revalations
Family Scuffle
School's in Session
Alakazam
Who are you?
Umm...sorry?
Don't push me
Blood trail
Two of a kind
War stories
Bad comany
True colors
Symbol of trust
Coffee run
Just a game
Hooded figure
Sisterhood
Leaving
Road Trip
Excape plan
Found you
Change
Dream walk
Truth and Lies
Commune
Punishment
Homeward Bound
Reassurance
Dinner Date
Defining Strength
Game Plan
Artillery
Runaway Ammo
Family Bonding
Battle Cry
Love and Comfort
Let it Begin
War Play
Supporting Shoulders
Homefront
A Different Kind
Exsposed
Interview
Different Views
Reuniting
Sequel
Diffrent Wars

Unity

11.6K 586 112
By smoaka16

~DeLacy♥️

Walking back to our rooms Stella and Eric were assigned one as was Valora and her family, Mom and I got our own. They said it was tradition to give the mega their own sleeping quarters and since mom was married to one and the mother of another she got her own as well.

Valora took Eric to the infirmary since he was dumb enough to get rammed by one of the goats. He was lucky that horn didn't rip another hole in his ass.

That left Stella and I to walk back on our own. I was still holding her hand because it seemed to calm her down. I had let go at one point and she had locked up like a scared puppy. So I let her hold my hand as we walked back.

"Thanks." I hear a soft voice whisper from my side.

Looking at Stella, "For what?" I ask.

Keeping her head tilted slightly down she looks up at me through her lashes. My breath tries to catch in my throat at the sincere and almost vulnerable look in her eyes but I manage to swallow it before she notices. "Everything." She whispers giving my hand a tight squeeze before turning to a carved stone door, I hadn't realized we stopped in front of, and walked into her room.

Just before she had let go of my hand I had felt that odd heat when she touched me get a little hotter.

Shaking it off I continue down the corridor to my room.

Walking in I'm met by a dark room the only light from a small lantern on the bedside table. My inhuman eyesight allowing me to see easily. Making my way to my bed I lay down and am met by Ra'za who curls up with me.

I laid there stroking Ra'za'a soft fur and listened to the sound of purring and air rushing through the stone vents. And it struck me how normal this was. Just lying in bed petting my cat. It's something humans did, but here I was, not a human, doing just that. I wonder what it would be like?

To be human. To not be obliged to lead others. To not be given a responsibility without any say in the mater. To not have to hide your nature or looks, to be able to smile without the fear of scaring people. Being called a freak or a demon. To not be hunted just because I was born with claws, fangs, and three blue streaks in my hair.

I wonder what they would think if the people they thought were human turned out to be something else. Lock us up and kill us probably. 'Hell, they're doing that now.'

This is my last thought before I succumb to the realm of dreams and memories.

~Valora🌍
'Needle brained moron!' I think to myself walking back to my shared room with my adoptive family. Walking in as quietly as I can I look over to see the bunk beds they gave us. Mr. And Mrs. Cross were on the bottom bunk, I never could call them Mama and Papa I had those once but I lost them, I slide into the top bunk quietly. Being carful not to wake Dillon as I lay down beside him.

As I start to drift off I feel a small body snuggle into my side. Looking down through foggy eyes I see Dillon curling up into my side. Wrapping my arm around him I fall asleep to a blurry image of liquid gold and black silk running through a broken gate.

🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾

The next morning I was fighting to hold Dillon back from running off into the crowd of people. These were Anu and I knew how our minds worked if you weren't in the family bond you were an outsider.

I was bound to DeLacy and none of them had yet formed a bond. The older ones had broken family bonds and the younger ones never had one. They weren't connected the way the Anu should be. I saw the way they fought and bickered. They didn't trust one another and the younger ones refused to listen. They rebelled against order, where the elders knew their place. They could remember from the bond before were they belonged.

When DeLacy walked in they could feel her power. She was the strongest and while she didn't exert her power and show them she was the strongest, the elders knew she didn't know how. She wasn't born into the bond. But the youth was being aggressive they didn't show it with their body but the other majors were exerting their power.

Yesterday at dinner I could feel them even the miners were pushing their power to drowned out DeLacy's so to prove a point, and also because I was getting pissed, I threw out my power full force pressing my stronger energy into the bond link.

I had scared them that's for sure but as I walked into the dinning hall I could feel that struggle, that push against rule.

Letting Dillon go with our parents I walked to the serving table and gathered a plate. Spotting DeLacy sitting by herself, the elders too skittish and the youth too scared to approach her, I started walking over to her when I feel a large arm snake around my waist.

"Hey there." I hear a masculine and lightly accented voice say in my ear. It took everything in me not to hurl him across the room, after I actually hurl of course.

Looking over at him, "Hi." I say shortly using my thumb and forefinger to pluck his hand from my waist and drop it away from me.

Not taking the hint he puts his hand back on my waist, 'Dude get lost!' I mentally shout. "So how did you like the tour yesterday, huh?" He ask pulling me closer.

Pushing him away again I don't respond and continue on my way. "Hey, wait up!" He calls trotting behind me as I walk faster away from him. When I'm halfway to the table I bump into another large body.

Looking up I immediately start to apologize when I'm cut off. "Hey, watch where your going maggot!" The tall masculine figure says turning around to face me. Catching sight of his face I realize it's the young major from the airport. He had an air about him that was hostile, to say the least.

"You." He says with undisguised disgust in his voice. "What are you doing here." He all but snarls at me.

Holding up my tray, "Eating. What's it look like everyone's doing?" I say rolling my eyes as I go to step around him.

As I move around him he reaches out and snatches my hand making me drop my tray with a clatter. "Watch it. You my think your high and mighty. But I'm the king around here, got it." He spits in my face through clinched teeth.

Taking my free hand I exaggerate in wiping the spit from my face before saying in a mocking voice. "King of what? The roaches." Ripping my arm from his grasp I move to walk to the table again when he grabs my upper arm yanking me back ruffle.

Whipping around I bring my claws across his cheek leaving only three shallow cuts. He moves to hit me when a deep male voice calls out, "Setep! Leave her alone." I hear the voice of Bak call out from across the room.

He was standing at a table with several his age, my parents, Dillon, and Ms. Massai all sitting with him.

"Why should I?" the boy holding me yells back.

"Because I am your father and I told you to." Bak answers sternly.

"HA! Aren't you the one always telling us not to trust outsiders yet you bring them here to our home!" His voice holding an accusation as he shouts at his father.

"Let her go asshole!" Looking over I see Stella walking towards us.

"Ha! Like I'm going to take orders from a mangy mut." He spits back at her.

At that point I decide to open my big mouth, "You do know a jackal is a dog right? Or are you acutely that stupid?" my tone making it clear I'm insulting him.

"Why you little........." He grits through his teeth as his grip tightens so hard I let out loud yelp of pain.

This causes Stella to jump forward between us and shove him away from me.

"Setep!" Bak shouts as the boy leaps at Stella claws extended.

I start to pull Stella back but I know I can't get her out of the way, when a fast moving blur comes out of nowhere and slams into Setep from the side.

The boy is sent reeling on the floor ten feet away. Looking over at the person who hit him I see a fully fazed, very pissed mega.

Taking slow deep breaths DeLacy speaks in that haunting echoing voice, "What is wrong with you?" her voice quietly booms. "We are being hunted to extinction and you want to fight about power? Willing to kill one of our own!" Her voice getting louder as she takes slow deliberate steps towards the prone boy.

Her eyes were glowing a deep black and blue. Her mouth was slightly ajar revealing the curves of her long fangs. "How are we to survive if we kill each other? We're doing the Nadef's job for them if we do that."

She now stood above him, her power coming in waves so strong it was actually knocking people to the floor. Bending down towards his face DeLacy crouches beside him and says in a voice so low I almost don't hear, "Learn your place and it would do you good to learn what you are."

Standing back up she offers her hand to help him up. He looks from her hand to her eyes before hesitantly taking her offered hand.

Pulling him to his feet she grips his hand in a firm grip and say in a strong voice, "You are an Anu. You are strong and you are part of a bigger whole." Her voice gaining in power as she continues, "We work together because we can not work apart. We live as one because united we are strong. Alone we will fall." she finishes releasing his hand and taking a step back.

When she turns to look at Stella and I, her eyes are back to their natural ocean blue. Stella gives her a small lopsided smile worth a thousand words. And judging by DeLacy's reaction to duck her head down and look at the floor she got the meaning. 'Seriously those two just need to kiss and make up. Their driving everyone crazy.' I shake my head to rid the thought.

Looking back up at DeLacy she meets my gaze and I place my hand over my heart as I extend my claws. Lowering myself on one knee I place my other clawed hand to the floor bowing my head.

Looking up slightly I see the rest of the room hesitantly following suit. Looking to DeLacy her eyes have gone wide and she slowly spins in a circle as the rest of the room bows to her.

The elders taking the lead and the youth hesitantly following unsure of what to do. The lycans and humans present do not take part aside from Ms. Massai who looks up at her daughter with pride.

Standing up DeLacy looks at me with question. I nod my head to her and strengthen my bond to her until she can feel it physically. Cautiously she opens her bond to allow the others to feel her and one by one I feel as the others link to her and in doing so link to me and every other person there linking to her.

One by one the Anu rise and as the last one links we all stand. In unity. We were a family again. A smile slowly graced my features as a feeling swept over me. One I hadn't felt in so long I almost forgot what it was like. I was safe. I was home.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Seeing Red By J. Macintyre

Mystery / Thriller

28 2 14
The sequel to Pack of Wolves One year ago, Scarlet Reithaube barely managed to escape from a camp full of werewolves that tried to devour her and the...
3.1M 137K 44
****COMPLETED**** "You're driving me crazy," I growled, dropping my hand down to her waist then around to her lower back, sucking her earlobe into my...
122K 4.8K 34
**Featured on Wattpad Werewolf profile. Female Alpha category** Hush now, lock your doors. When the lights go out Hear us roar All through the night...
3.8M 119K 36
Everly is a werewolf living in a pack where no one wants her. Her mother and father don't treat her the same as her beautiful sister. She has learned...