Different Kinds {GirlXGirl}

By smoaka16

DeLacy lives a normal life, in a sense. She can't talk to others and she has to be patient, they'd kill her i... More

Burn the house down
Sleepover
What's for breakfast?
Game starter
Ready or not...
Revalations
Family Scuffle
School's in Session
Alakazam
Who are you?
Umm...sorry?
Don't push me
Blood trail
Two of a kind
War stories
Bad comany
True colors
Symbol of trust
Coffee run
Hooded figure
Sisterhood
Leaving
Road Trip
Excape plan
Found you
Change
Dream walk
Truth and Lies
Commune
Punishment
Unity
Homeward Bound
Reassurance
Dinner Date
Defining Strength
Game Plan
Artillery
Runaway Ammo
Family Bonding
Battle Cry
Love and Comfort
Let it Begin
War Play
Supporting Shoulders
Homefront
A Different Kind
Exsposed
Interview
Different Views
Reuniting
Sequel
Diffrent Wars

Just a game

18.8K 774 143
By smoaka16

~DeLacy♣️
After school Valora and I went back to my house, but Stella had to stay for some school meeting, or maybe it was a pack meeting. She told me but I wasn't really paying attention. It was her fault for trying to talk to me while I was reading.

Either way it felt better not having her in the vicinity. Having her around had put me on edge all day making me nearly lose my patience more than once. It didn't help that the entire school was in an uproar about what happened to Luke the day before. Falling into bed and ignoring the rest of the world sounded like a fantastic idea at the moment.

Valora doesn't comment on my silence, simply following me inside and flops down across the length of the couch, waiting patiently for me to talk when I'm ready or to just be there as silent compony if I don't.

Walking over to the couch I pick her feet up and sit with them in my lap. With a shallow sigh I start playing with the tattered shoelaces of her worn-out black and white Converse.

We sat there in silence for several long moments before the other girl started to quietly sing the them song to Jeopardy. "Do--do-do-dodo-do--do-do-dodo-do--dodododododo...."

Laughing quietly at her antics I squeeze her foot. "Ever heard the saying 'silence is golden'?" I tease looking up at her with a small smile tugging at the corners of my lips.

She meets my gaze with a raised brow. "Yeah, and duck tape is silver."

I was a bit startled at the laughed that broke free without warning. Valora laughed with me, or maybe at me, for a brief moment before we both settled back down. Returning my attention to her shoelaces I start picking at the frayed tip of one that had lost the plastic piece.

Several minutes pass in blissful silence as I tried to focus all of my attention on the shoelace. A certain blonde continued to pop up in my minds eye, effectively irking me to no end. I chuckled to myself humorlessly at a fleeting thought. I had actually begun to enjoy her company.

Spending your whole life only being able to talk to one person was lonely, having Stella around and actually treating me like a person instead of a walking eyesore for change had been nice. I'd dare say it was happy even. Guess that's why it hurt when she reverted back to sharp words and a wicked strike at my weak spots. I had to give the girl credit where credit was due, she was brutally efficient and uncannily skilled at finding people's weak spots and even more so at learning how best to hit them. I'd seen her do it a dozen or more times over the years.

A brief smile ghost my lips as the memory of watching her trip over her own feet when Ra'za hissed while swiping at her toes from under the couch flashes through my mind. 'Maybe that's why I started to like her.' I muse dejectedly.

I was broken from my thoughts as Valora threw her feet sideways. "Alright, that's it!"She exclaims, suddenly standing up and whirling around on me. "Come on." She practically orders, holding out her hand to help me up.

I stared at her hand for a long moment before flicking my gaze up to give her a quizzical look. "You're gloomy and it's making me depressed. So we're gonna turn that frown upside down." she says, her Hispanic accent shining through a bit more strongly.

Taking her hand she pulls me to my feet and starts shoving me to the stairs. "Go get changed. Now." She orders with another shove. "And take bath or something!" She calls out as start making my way up the stairs.

Laughing at the other girl I shake my head at her and hook a left to head for the bathroom. A shower actually wasn't a bad idea.

🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾

Valora's car was left at the school yesterday after she chased me down the road on foot. Now the black and red mustang, a 2000 model if I had to guess, was rumbling down the road as she drove us away from town.

I was a bit startled when came bounding up the stares telling me that we were going into the city and that I couldn't argue because my mom already said I could go as long as Valora was going.

So here we are going to Thoth knows where and Valora refused to tell me what we were going to be doing.

"Come on, it's not like I'm not going to find out when we get there. What's the point in hiding it?" I tried, hoping to whittle down her will and patience until she broke and told me. Unfortunately the Latina was as stubborn as a two dollar 4-H mule.

"You're right, and that's exactly when you'll find out." She rebuffs, keeping her eyes firmly on the road.

Letting out a huff of irritation I fallback into my seat and glare out the window. An instant later I perk up as an idea hits me. "Is it the zoo?" I ask looking back to her, with hope that I've figured it out.

"Nope." She fires back.

"Movies?" I try again

"Nu-uh."

"Batting cages?"

"Try again."

"Uhh-laser tag?"

"Not even close."

"Hell Chuckie cheese?"

"Appetizing, but no."

A growl of frustration rumbles in my chest at the lack of progress.

"Temper, temper." She scolds playfully.

Despite my frustration I feel my lips twitch up into a faint smile.

"Yes!" The other girl exclaims loudly, pumping her fist in the air as she bites her lip to tone-down her victorious grin.

My eyes went wide as I shot her a look out of the corner of my eye. "What was that?!" I question through a fit of laughter bubbling up in my voice.

She throws me a glance with a crooked smile. "I got a smile out of you." She states, like that was the most valid reason to do anything.

Laughing at her reasoning I shake my head and turn to look out the window at the passing trees and the occasional building or two still smiling softly.

🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾

I was playing sudoku on my phone, having given up trying to figure out where we were headed and letting Valora concentrate on driving, when I feel the cat turn and dip. Looking up I notice that we've turning off a side street and into the parking-lot of some building with the mast of an old time wooden ship coming out of it and some Blackbeard looking guy with a green parrot. "Where in the the name of Amun have you taken me?" I question, looking at the queer building with wide eyes.

Instead of answering Valora hops out and dashed over to my side. She opens my door with a flourish and offers her hand to help me out. "Vamonos chica."

Trying not to laugh at her theatrics I take her hand and let her pull me towards the odd little building. When we get past the door I'm met by a boy around our age behind a desk covered in golf clubs of varying sizes, all color coded, with a basket of colored golf balls that came in every color of the rainbow.

Valora taps my shoulder to get my attention then signs 'mini-golf' with a huge grin plastered on her face.

"What?" I mutter, giving her a dubious look before signing back to her. 'Why are we at mini-golf?'

She gives me a shy kind of smile, 'My adopted parents bring my brother and I here as a happy family activity.' She admits. 'Have you ever played?'

I make sure to keep my mouth closed enough to not reveal my fangs as I smile while rolling my eyes. Grabbing her hand I shake my head no while pulling her towards the front desk to show that I was willing to give it a shot.

Picking up the longer blue club I spin it around before sticking it under my arm to answer. 'How hard can it be?' I shrug flippantly, all I was doing was hitting a ball with a stick.

Following my lead Valora picks up a long blue club herself and grabs a bright red ball from the bucket and tosses me a royal blue one before taking out her wallet to pay for entry. The amused grin trying to fight its way into her face left a feeling of unease rolling around my gut.

"Hi Valora!" The boy behind the counter shouted. "How are you today!"

Flinching a little at the boys over eagerness I give him a wide eyed look before turning my face on Valora for an explanation.

'He thinks yelling is gonna help me understand what he's saying because he was told I can read lips.' She explains with a look of suppressed irritation.

Stifling a laugh I step around her and make my way to the course.

🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾

As we played through the course we laughed nearly the whole time. Being sure not to be too loud and grab the attention of the attendant. At one point I even putted my ball into the fountain, and before I could go back to get another Valora was waded into the cold water to grab it.

"I could have just gotten another one." I point out when she reaches me at the edge of the pool, dropping the ball in my hand.

"It's okay, I dry. And I don't think either of want to talk all the way back to the door." She jokes with a crooked grin. A noticeable shiver running down her body as the cool breeze hit her wet cloths.

"Remember you said that when you catch a cold for jumping into that cold ass water." I remark as I turn to try the shot again.

After we got through the whole course she gave our stuff back to the desk attendant and handed me the score sheet while pushing me out the door. Looking over the sheet I notice the scores clearly showing that I'd won but I had a pretty good suspicion that the record was fudged.

"There is no way I beat you." I half accuse with a playful lilt in my voice.

She gasped with a grandiose exaggeration. "Mi reina, are you accusing me of lying in your favor?!" She mocked offense.

Trying not to laugh at her. "I'm accusing you of cheating on my behalf."

She snorted at my correction and opened the door for me. "You can't prove it." She replies smugly.

I roll my eyes as she pushes the door shut and rounds the car to climb in herself, still soaking wet from the water. She didn't say a word about the way her cloths were sticking to her and the seat, in what had to be an uncomfortable manor like she didn't mind at all, and she really appeared to be completely unbothered by it.

"Isn't that uncomfortable?" I question.

"A little, why?" She ask glancing at me as she pulls out of the parking lot.

"Nothing. I just figured you'd be more upset at getting water in your car." I answer, slipping my seatbelt on as she starts down the road.

At that she frown with a bemused look. "Why would I be upset over something that can be fixed or replaced, and if not then fine how it is." She finishes with a shrug. Looking at me with a wisdom no one our age should have. "Time is a precious thing most don't know they've lost until it's gone. Plus these seats are already pretty ruined, I'm pretty sure I've spilt a half gallon of coffee and perfume in this thing already." She adds with lopsided grin.

I couldn't help the laugh that burst from my mouth causing me to double over. 'Today was fun.' I think to myself as I turn my attention to the side of the road.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

888 85 35
How much can love save? * Leila is torn between keeping away from her mate and saving her Pack. She believes staying away from him is best for the bo...
2.3M 67.5K 62
Evangeline has never had a perfect life. At the age of five she lost her mother. Since then her father has been away on business trips leaving her to...
Seeing Red By J. Macintyre

Mystery / Thriller

28 2 14
The sequel to Pack of Wolves One year ago, Scarlet Reithaube barely managed to escape from a camp full of werewolves that tried to devour her and the...
96 36 38
Deacon Riley: The one thing about wolf packs is you can never beat a solid pack down. My pack has always been survivors. We always bounce back. A...