Law X Reader - Aye Aye Captain

Trafalgar law X Reader
I actually wrote this for a OC request but it can be read as reader.

There is mention of her love for swords.

Word count : 4.5K

Sorry for any mistakes

XOXOXOXOXOXOXO

‘WHY?!  WHY AGAIN?! I FAILED AGAIN AND I AM NOT ABLE TO WIN.. WHY’, I let my tears flow out as I sat on the Rock under the tree beside the small stream. I chugged down the alcohol directly from the bottle. Was it the 3rd bottle already? I don’t remember… The stars shimmered in the sky beautifully. But I was not able to admire their beauty because of the incident happened earlier. This was my usual place for me while I train, eat and mostly cry. No one ever comes to this place usually so for most of the time I am alone here.

“I want to…. become stronger…. more…. than anyone else”, I said to myself in between sobs. I wiped my tears with the back of my hand as I thought of what happened.

XOXOXOXOXOXO

Morning

I was training as usual with 2 swords of mine, one normal sword with a silver coloured handle. It wasn’t any special powered sword but it was my very first sword and it was special to me. And the other was a black blade with a wooden handle which I had with me since I first bought it from an old woman who was selling things. I fell in love with this sword when I saw it and then I decided that I had to learn how to use two swords at the same time. I wanted both my swords to be used as I fought. I deeply loved my weapons. We are a small family of Swordsmen and Swordswomen.

The poverty didn’t stop us from being happy. A white sword with golden coloured handle, ‘Keio’ my family heirloom, which was passed down in my family from generations was treated with great care and respect in our house. Everyone in the family was really good in our swordsmen ship. But….. It wasn’t the case for me. I was different. No one in my family, even in our ancestors was… like me… I did not have those amazing skills of a swords person.

No matter what I do, how much I train, I wasn’t getting better. I was always….. Weak. My sister is completely opposite to me. She is brave, confident, elegant, sophisticated and mostly… a warrior. My dad, being the travelling samurai he was, he rarely used to come home. But he never forgot about us. He always loved us both equally. My mother was also a gifted swordswomen but due to a disease her body became weak but her heart and will were still strong. My mom started to work in a farm nearby and earned money for me and my sister. She is very brave and I admire her a lot. After a few years my sister started to work in our village Mayor’s office as a warrior officer.

None in my family not even once criticized me or called me weak. But I knew… I was different. Mostly from the people in the village. They always talked about our family and whenever I was alone they told me that I was weak and different. Because of this, all my life I trained…. With no one around me. I trained harder and harder every day. I wanted to prove to all the villagers that I’m strong. i hated being called names and discriminated. But mostly…. I hated…. I hated.. How they called me weak… I hated… I hated… how they… Were right… I hated… how everything they said was true… I hated… I hated myself being so weak.

Today was also another day where I train hard and exhaust myself. I took out the Rice ball which I packed this morning so that I could eat. I was peacefully eating then suddenly I heard a scream. I shoved the rice ball into my mouth not wanting to waste it as I took my swords and ran in the direction the scream came from. I ran as fast as I could I that direction and I saw that some pirates were literally destroying the place and robing everyone in the village.

I was shocked at that sight. I gripped my swords even tighter in my hands. I felt blood rush in my veins and I ran towards the pirates. I swung my sword in the wild way like how I learned. I managed to hit some men in the beginning. The way I swung my sword was not even close to what someone called elegant.