Crocodile - Broken But Beautiful

Pairing : Crocodile X Reader

Warning : Angst, hurt, comfort

Word count : 1.1K

A/N : Thankyou so much for the requesting @thewildomega​

If you don’t mind I’ve made little changes for this to match the story. I hope you like it. Not gonna lie, I kinda like crocodile now.

You continued to sketch on your notebook of the new design of pot, you wanted to sculpture as you waited for your boyfriend to return home

You continued to sketch on your notebook of the new design of pot, you wanted to sculpture as you waited for your boyfriend to return home. He was taking longer than usual that day. You never considered your works to be perfect or beautiful. But the way you made them, and the effort you poured into them, made you to love them.

At last past 2 in the morning, he returned. You took his coat and placed it on the coat hanger. He sat on the couch as you brought him water to drink, because you knew he was exhausted.

“What took you so long?”, you asked him as he just drank the water. He gave you a side glance and questioned, “Why are you not asleep?”

“First answer my question, What happened?”, you scoffed as you sat beside him. He sighed and answered, “It doesn’t concern you, so dont bother”, he said as he got up and started to head towards the shared bedroom. “Wait!”, you said to him. He turned to face you with a annoyed look on his face.

“Doesn’t concern me? Did you even once tell me what exactly you do?”, you asked with seriousness not fading in your voice but he didn’t even care to reply properly.

“I said, you don’t have to know about it. Now will you let me sleep, I’m exhausted.”, he complained

“But, just imagine, being lovers and not knowing what you do. Can’t I just get a proper answer. I waited for you from so long and you just complain”, you said for which he got pissed.

“I have provided you with all the comforts you ask for in this mansion. All you did was just scribble in your book about some stupid sculpture of yours”, he shouted. His eyes widened at what he just said, but it was too late. He said it. You disappeared into one of the room where you make your sculptures and slammed the door behind you.

He knew what he did was wrong. He knew he shouldn’t have said that even when he was exhausted. He stood before the room and knocked on it.

“Y/N”, he called, “Please open the door”, he asked.

“Just leave me alone for now, I don’t want to talk to you”, you said as you hugged yourself and wiped your tears. You knew he was very much exhausted and wasn’t getting enough sleep now a days, but if you were in his place, you would never say that to him.

Crocodile just sat down on the floor as he leaned his back on the door. He didn’t knew what to say to you. After all he hurt you so much. Even if he was so strong and brave, he hurt the person he loved the most.

After crying silently you didn’t knew when but you fell asleep. You woke up to the sound of birds chirping and sunrays hitting your eyes. You got up lazily and sat properly. After a few seconds everything that happened yesterday came back to you. You got up and went towards your favourite sculpture and stood before it. It took you hours and days to make it. It was the best creation of yours. It was 9 am and Crocodile wouldn’t be home because of his work.

‘Now, no one would disturb me’, you thought. You took the hammer which was in the room and with one swift moment, you broke the sculpture into pieces. “All these are crap and nothing more”, you said to yourself and went towards the other sculptures.

You looked at them and said to yourself, “I’ve ruined the most favourite, so these can also be broken with ease”.

You were about to break them but your hand was stopped. You looked at your hand and saw that it was sand. Crocodile stood at the entrance of the door. He came slowly towards you. His eyes were wide open and he was devastated. He was worried about you so he stayed in front of the room in which you were in all night. To drink some water he went to kitchen and heard a huge sound of something breaking. He rushed to the room to find you almost ready to destroying the sculptures.

To think, his words made your heart hurt so much that you were so ready to break the sculptures which you loved so much. You never credited yourself to the deserving point. But Crocodile always loved your creations very much.

“Let go”, you said to him with sharpness in your voice. He gulped and was now before you. He took the hammer from your hands and then kneeled before you. He took your hand in his and placed his forehead on it.

“I am sorry. Please forgive me. Don’t break your wonderful pieces”, he said

“What made you to stay here? Don’t you have to go by now? They are useless pieces of crap that-”

“NO THEY AREN’T!”, you stopped you in mid sentence then continued, “They are true master pieces that I love”

“What do you mean by that Crocodile? You yourself said they are useless why should I believe you? I don’t need your sympathy”, you said

“I was a jerk! Okay. I behaved like a douche bag. I said the things I didn’t mean. The stress from outside and pressure made me snap at you. For me even if your sculptures are broken they are beautiful. But please.... forgive me. I am really sorry. Please don’t hurt yourself by breaking them. Punish me instead”, he said as tears welled up in his eyes. He looked down. He didn’t have the courage to face you. But soon, he felt a warm hand on his head. That made his tears to flow down his cheeks. You kneeled down and you both hugged each other tightly and stayed like that for a while.

“I do some dangerous jobs”, he said to you, but you didn’t reply. “So, I didn’t wanted you to know. Because, once, if you know them, you’ll be worry even more”, he ended. You rubbed his back soothingly and replied, “That's all, I wanted to know, at least you told me after all these days”

He loosened his grip on you and pulled back. You looked at him. He smiled at you as he placed his hands on your cheeks. “So, wanna repair it together?”, he asked with a slight blush on his cheeks.

You looked at him sadly and said, “It won’t be looking like before though”. He placed a peck on your cheek and said, “Yes, it will be even more beautiful. even with the broken self, it can be the most beautiful piece of art I’ll ever see.”

You chuckled and said, “Lets repair it”

With that, you and he started to make it again. You knew it wouldn't be like previous. But yes, with your lover helping you making it, it would hold even more beautiful memories making it even more appealing to you.

XOXOXOXO

I hope you liked it. Please leave a comment, a like and a reblog to support me. Thanks for requesting.