Ace - Geranium Flower

"If you love someone, tell them...Because hearts are often broken by words left unspoken." 

- Pamela Daranjo

Annyong Haseyo!! I just wrote my 2nd piece for the 700 followers event hosted by kaizokuwritings​

Pairing : Ace X GN! Reader

Flower : Geranium

Word count : 490

Warnings : Unrequited Love and Angst, I hope its okay, I really was in a mood to write angst with Ace.

When you joined the white beard crew, you observed that they were absolutely a chaotic mess. But were super amazing and very reliable. Your first friend was the lively freckled fire man. He was so lively and social, giving you no chance to make an effort to talk to him.

Being a friend of Ace gave you the most powerful source of protection when the enemies were too strong. But you had to carry him after he fell asleep. 'Fell asleep where?', that's a hard question. It could range from after battle or even in the shower after he took a bath.

You heard nonstop about his little brother who was also a pirate from Ace. Dang you could even write a book about Luffy on how much time Ace talked about him. Being with him and going on missions with him, you noticed that your feelings changed about him. 'From when? Why', you didn't know.

It could be the time where he took the attack meant for you or when he just hugged you when you were down.

Could be the time he made jokes to make you laugh or the time he brought you geranium flowers just because he thought they reminded him of you. You still remember the moment when you cried with happiness on how a person could think of you this purely.

But it wasn't easy to know how Ace was feeling about you. He was nice, amazing, strong and friendly. Still you were unsure of how to confess to him. In a positive outcome, he could also feel the same and you both could date. In the negative outcome, it could make your friendship awkward and uneasy. You were scared. Deciding to wait for some time, you didn't confess your true feelings.

After days you stood straight on soft green grass below you, with your hair fluttering in the wind you took a step forward towards Ace. People said Ace was really a kind man but, was he really? It was quiet and you could only see Ace before you. You held the red geranium flowers in your hand and exhaled.

"I love you. I've always loved you Ace", you confessed. Only to hear nothing in return. You bit your lower lip and let your tears fall down your cheeks. You crouched down and placed the flowers before the tomb stone and cried.

"Why didn't I stop you? Why did you have to die", you sobbed harder and yelled, "WHY DIDN'T I TELL MY FEELINGS WHEN YOU WERE ALIVE", now you had to regret for keeping your mouth shut all this time.

But little did you know, he also looked at you with the same adoration you felt in your heart. It was the first time for him and he didn't have any experience. So, he also decided to wait. Wait till for a while. Both of you didn't express your feelings at the end.

 Both of you didn't express your feelings at the end

Thankyou for reading, I hope you liked it!

Like/Vote, Reblog/Share, Comment your feelings!

Follow for more!