Chapter 143

Sam's giving Dean the silent treatment, much to my disliking, I don't want them fighting right now. I just need them.

Amara's here, we were standing in front of her.
She said" My brother's returned." Jack looked at Sam and Dean,
He said" That means it's time."
Sam said" Did he contact you?"
She said" He's made himself known. How do you intend to cage him? When god caged me, he had four archangels. Do you have four archangels?"
Dean said" Nope. We got one Jack."
" I wish we'd gotten to know one another. That's my fault. Maybe when all of this is over, we can?" Jack just nodded,
" He's been juicing himself up, getting stronger."
Jack said" But I need to complete a final ritual."
Amara said" What do you need me to do?"

Jack said You're angry with me." I am, but he knows that. Clear as day.
Sam said" No, I'm not angry. I..."
" You're disappointed?"
" Jack, look... I wish you'd have been up front with us. But sacrificing your life for a cause... takes a lot of courage. I still think it's wrong, though." Dean walked back in,
He said" All right, we're all set. Jack, why don't you go get your stuff. Im thinking we leave now, we'll make Santa Fe by tomorrow morning." Jack walked away,
" Yeah, um, I'm not coming."
" What?"
" You, Haz, and Jack got this covered."
" Chuck is back. You wanna take a knee?"
" That's not what I'm doing."
" Wh- You don't even have any leads."
" What do you have, Dean? Honestly?! What, Billie's sending you to Santa Fe to-to meet up with her mystery guest that's gonna perform the final ritual, or whatever that is, and turn Jack into a suicide bomb?"
" Sam, you and me, we have to do this, it's in the book!"
" Oh, Chuck's death book, right? Come on, man! Blindly following orders?! Lying to Amara, sending her to her death? Does any of this feel right to you?!"
" It doesn't matter how we feel! You know what? Stay. Stay. But somebody's gotta be the grownup here."
" Yeah, well, someone has to keep fighting for Jack."
" He knows what he signed up for!"
" Last I checked, we don't give up on family."
" Jack's not family." I looked at him, gulping," I know how you feel about the kid, okay. I care for him, too. I do. But he's not like you. He's not like Hazel. He's not like Cas. He's just not."
Then I heard Jack say" I'm-I'm ready." Dean turned around, I looked at Jack,
" Well, then, let's hit the road." I scooted off the table, and walked to Jack, walking past him, and heading to the car.

We were driving down the road, I was staring at the roof of the car,
Dean said" Listen, Jack, I don't know what you heard back there, but-"
Jack said" You don't have to say anything. And... you don't need to be sorry. I'm not like Sam or Hazel or Cas. I... I understand." I sighed, and withheld my comments because honestly I'm too angry to talk, and too devastated to talk. If I talk, I'll let all of these emotions out and it will be bad for everyone.
——
We got to the place,
Dean said" You sure this is the spot?"
Jack said" Billie said- this is where it ends." The door opened, a man and woman came out,
The man said" Jack?"
" Hello?" I let my eyes change to demonic as I stood slightly in front of Jack. Even if I'm frustrated with him, I'm not letting anything bad happen to him.
" Hmm." He let us in, Jack's hand found mine, he intertwined our fingers.
Dean said" So... you must be Billie's mystery guy, Jim?"
" Oh, no, no, no! Jim's a buddy. He just lets me use his shop. I'm Adam.
" Oh. A-Adam." The woman was prancing around Jack, it was strange, but she is an angel... I don't like this... if we had just a little more time, I'm betting it all we could find a different route.
" Yeah, you know- God's primo. First dude of the assembly line."
" Wait... The- the garden, the apple- that Adam?"
" It was a quince, but yeah."
" Wow. So then that makes you Eve?"
She said" Serafina. Babe."
Adam said" Yeah?"
" His aura."
" I know."
" It's like skittles." Dean looked at me and Jack,
Jack said" She's an angel."
Adam said" Yeah, she's my old lady. She's the only one who could put up with me all these years, huh?"
She said" Aww, babe." Then they were moaning, I rolled my eyes.
Dean said" What's happening?"
Adam said" Alright, let's get this party started. You're with me, Jack." I moved my arm over Jack's chest,
" Hey, w-w-wait, wait. Where you taking him?"
" Oh, just a little private pop quiz. Can't hand out the spark of the divine to just anyone."
Jack said" Dean, I'm okay." He tried to move, but was stopped by me, he looked at me. I smiled at him,
I said" Hurt him, Adam, and I will personally skin you alive and feed you to dogs."
" Hazel, I'm okay." I growled, he moved my arm and walked with Adam, I huffed. I watched them go through the beads, into the other room.
The angel chick said" Relax, babe! He's gonna pass."
Dean said" And you know that how?"
" Saw him in my dreams. We were sipping mushroom tea in the hanging gardens of Babylon."
" So you were tripping balls and saw Jack?"
" Uh-huh."
" Awesome."
" I mean, just think of, like, everything that had to happen for you to get Jack to this place, to this moment. Baby, it was meant to be." Then Jack and Adam came out,
Jack said" I did it."
Angel chick said" Far out!"
Dean said" Okay, uh, great- well, now what?" Angel chick stabbed Adam, I sighed," Whoa, whoa, whoa! What the hell are you doing?!"
Adam said" Dudes, chill." She pulled out a rib cage bone? Maybe, I don't really know.
" What the hell is that?" She healed him,
" It's one of my ribs, dude. Everything can contain the spark of the divine, but this puppy? It's packing enough punch to create life. Or, in your case, destroy god."
Angel chick said" Jack, making your vessel strong, reclaiming your human soul, it was-it was all preparing you for this."
Jack said" What'll it do to me?"
Adam said" Start an elemental chain reaction. It fuses your soul and your grace into a..."
She said" Like a... metaphysical supernova."
Dean said" Meaning what?"
Adam said" You'll collapse into a living black hole for divine energy. One nothing can escape- not the darkness, not god himself. But once it starts... you can't stop it. So, don't use till game time. You dig?" Jack took the plastic bag of bone, he looked at me and Dean.
Jack said" I dig."
" He digs."
——
We were almost home, I was in the backseat, I don't want this to happen, I can't... I can't handle it, no matter what happens, Jack's the friggin' bomb! If this fails, he's still freakin' gone and I can't handle that. Dean pulled over,
Jack said" We're almost home."
Dean said" Yeah, I need to say something before we head in."
" No, i-i-it's okay."
" Hold up. Just... What I said to Sam, you didn't need to hear that. All right? Not now. Not with the weight that you're carrying- for us, for this world. Jack... I don't know how to explain it, but when I found out about Chuck... it's like-it's like I wasn't alive. Not really. You know, like, my whole life I've never been free. But like, really free. But now... now me and Sam and Haz, we got a shot at living a life. Without all this crap on our backs. And that's-that's because of you. So, I-I- I wanted to say- I need to say... Thank you, Jack. Thank you."
" You're welcome."
" Yeah. Okay." Dean's phone vibrated, he looked at it, then I saw his face, I gulped.
" It's time, isn't it?"
" It's time." Jack took out the rib, and held it in his hand, it evaporated into his body, his eyes glowed. He shut them and opened them again, I gulped and looked at him.

Dean and I were helping Jack into the bunker, we ran into the library,
Dean said" Are they ready? We need to get this kid in the room right now."
Sam said" Wait, wait- Dean- Dean, no. Listen!" We continued walking, I don't know what's happening," Billie is playing us."
" So, what, her plan's not gonna work?"
" No, it will work."
" Then great."
" But listen, if Jack takes out God and Amara, it'll create a power vacuum that Billie will fill. This was all her power grab."
Cas said" Wait, Death want to become god?"
Dean said" As long as Chuck dies, I'm good." Sam got in front of us,
Sam said" Okay, listen, just stop."
" Get outta the way, Sam. What are you doing?!"
" I'm trying to make you listen."
" We don't have time! Jack already lit the fuse! We gotta go!"
Cas said" You did what?"
" Sam, I'm not gonna ask you again."
Sam said" Dean, please." Dean pulled his gun, and pointed it at Sam,
" Move."
Cas said" Dean, don't!"
I said" Dean?!"
Dean said" Move, Sam. Move!"
Sam said" Dean, don't do this." My eyes turned black,
" I don't want to do this, but this is everything!"
" No, it's not!"
" Get outta my way." Sam grabbed the gun, Dean punched him, he fell to the ground." Let's go, let's go."
" No, Dean. Wait. Stop! You gotta listen." Sam grabbed him, Dean dropped Jack, I breathed heavily, levitating off the ground. Dean head butted Sam,
" You guys go, go!"
" Jack, don't!"
Cas said" Sam, why not?"
" Because if Billie takes over, then everyone goes back to where they belong. That means everyone from apocalypse world, Bobby, Charlie, they get sent back to a place that doesn't exist anymore. And everyone we saved. Eileen, she-she just dies again. And that's just the beginning."
" Sam, we don't have a choice. Jack's about to blow!"
" We always have a choice."
" There's nothing else we can do, okay?! We just gotta get out of the way."
" No, we can't get out of the way, Dean, not this time."
" I don't care if Billie gets what she wants! I don't, man! I'd trade it all- I'd trade 'em all for Chuck in a heartbeat!"
" What about me? Would you trade me?" My eyes went back to normal, I gulped,
" Chuck has to die. He has to! Otherwise he'll keep us tap dancing forever, and I can't live like that, man! I can't live like that! I won't!"
" I know you feel like that right now, okay? I know you do. But you gotta trust me. My entire life, you've protected me- from Dad, from Lucifer, from everything. I didn't always like it, you know, but... it's the one thing in the whole world that I could always count on. It's the only thing I've ever known that was true. So please... put the gun away. Just put it away, and we'll figure it out, Dean, we'll find another way, you and me. We always do." Dean uncocked the gun, I sighed, then the door exploded, Cas stood up, I pulled Jack up. Chuck came out, I stood in front of my brothers,
Chuck said" Are you kidding me?! After everything, all that, you-you did it again!"
Cas said" Where's Amara?"
" Amara. Amara. She's in here somewhere."
" What, You consumed your sister?"
" We came to an understanding, so spare me your contempt, Castiel, the self-hating angel of Thursday. You know what every other version of you did, after gripping him tight and raising him from perdition? They did what they were told. But not you. Not the one off the line with a crack in his chassis. All of you. You know, I tried and I tried and I tried, but you're all just too stupid, too stubborn. Too broken. You know what? I'm over it. I'm over you."
Sam said" Yeah? Good."
Dean said" Screw you, Chuck."
Chuck said" No, screw you. You know what you do with broken toys? You throw them out. So, kill each other, don't kill each other- I don't care."
Cas said" What do you mean?"
" I mean... have fun watching him die." He pointed to Jack, Jack groaned and fell,
Dean said" Jack."
Jack said" Help me!"
Sam said" Jack, jack, jack."
I said" Jack!" His eyes glowed,
Dean said" Jack."