Chapter 115

Jack was eating cookie cereal, I was too, just without the milk. We were silent, trying not to get caught by any of the three men in the surrounding area. The lights turned on, we looked at the door and saw Cas, oh, at least it's not Sammy.
Jack said" Don't tell Sam."
Cas said" Jack, it's the middle of the night."
" Ah, I know. I couldn't wait till breakfast. Sam says this stuff will rot your teeth, but... I like it."
" Jack. If you can't sleep, that's understandable, given recent events."
" You mean dying and coming back to life."
" Yeah, we've all been through it. It's something of a rite of passage around here."
" That's not- I've been thinking about Heaven. My mother. You think she's safe?"
" Yeah, of course."
" But how could the Empty get in? And I thought Heaven was supposed to be perfect."
" No. It's not. Nothing's perfect, Jack. But I know Naomi, and she's complicated, but there is nothing that she won't do to protect the souls that are in her charge. Try not to worry, okay?"
" Okay."
" Okay."
" Cas. The deal you made... why can't Sam and Dean know?" I looked at Cas, laying my head on the table,
" They can. I... I just don't... I don't want them to. They don't need that burden. You don't need that burden."
" Of course I do. You did that for me."
" You know, the Empty said that it wouldn't come for me until I had finally given myself permission to be happy, but with everything we have going on, with-with Michael still out there, I don't see that happening anytime soon. This life may be a lot of things, but it's rarely happy."
" I'm sorry."
" Hey. At least we have Krunch Cookie Crunch." Cas took the box and ate a piece of the cereal,
" Yeah. We do." Cas was looking at the box funny," Did you take the decoder ring out of the box?"
" Maybe..." I smiled, looking up, shaking my head slightly," The secret password is... Cookietacular. Shh." He took another cereal piece, I poured a few dozen into my mouth, grabbing the milk bottle and pouring milk into my mouth before chewing. Jack smiled at me," Hazel, a bowl?"
I said" No, what's the fun in a bowl? Jack, don't copy me." Jack nodded his head,
" Jack, you do know that you don't have follow her command..."
Jack said" She teaches me things. Like how to make a bubble with gum." I smiled at Cas," And what expired foods smell like." I smiled wider, raising my eyebrow,
" Of course."
——
Ketch put the egg in the mail, and we need it now, so now we're gonna get it now.
Dean said" Well?"
Sam said" It's not far. It's being held at a hub facility in Joplin, Missouri. Apparently, it would've made it to Lebanon if it weren't closed for the holiday."
Cas said" Well, if they're closed..."
I said" Means we can get it."
Jack said" How?"
Sam and I said" We break in." Sam's phone vibrated,
Sam said" Garth. Hey." He walked away," Uh, yeah. I have an idea. But what about you? How are you? Were you able to fake them out? But what?"
After a few,
Dean said" The whole damn town?"
Sam said" It's gonna be a bloodbath. All of Michael's monsters activating all at once, attacking, turning everyone in Kansas City?"
Cas said" It's his army."
Dean said" And all on a night when nobody's guard is up- all nogged up, waiting for Santa. Merry freakin' Christmas."
Sam said" Yeah, well, Garth said Michael was gonna give the signal at midnight, so if we can get to him before he does..."
Jack said" Then we can stop this."
Dean said" And with the spear still in play, that can hurt Michael. Given as much trouble as he's gone through to find it, it might do worse. Could be a shot at actually killing the son of a bitch."
Cas said" And we may be able to trap him. I mean, Bobby's been working on those angel cuffs. They might be able to hold him."
Sam said" Yeah, and-and getting the egg? I mean, we have Rowena's spell. We can put Michael back in the cage. It's literally a trip to the post office."
Dean said" Okay, well, getting the spear is literally a trip to the Carter Lake recycling facilities. I say we get both. Me and Cas- we'll go deal with Michael's monsters and get the spear. You, Hazel and Jack- you do your mail run and get the egg. We'll meet back at the Hitomi Plaza with both weapons, and we'll hit him from both sides." Sam and I nodded, this has to go as planned, or we're really screwed, like majorly.