Chapter 114

Dean walked out, I'm with him, I just can't leave Jack.
Sam said" He'll be back in a minute."
Jack said" Sam... what happens next... for someone like me?"
" I don't know."
" Then it's gonna be an adventure." He laid back down, my lip shook, wiping my eyes.
I heard Dean and Cas come back in,
Sam said" He's gone."

Cas said" Maybe we should... start thinking about next steps."
Dean said" Wake and a bonfire, hunter style. It's what Jack would've wanted." Sam walked away,
" Sam, your brother's in pain."
" Just let him be. If he needs his space, we're gonna give it to him." I ran to my room, I closed the door, locking it. I paced then punched the wall, there was a good sized dent in it, I held onto my hand. I walked to my bed, crashing onto it, covering my head, I let go...
——
I could hear them from my spot in the hallway, am I really going to let them do this to Jack? This is his soul... his, and they're willing to bargain with it. I'm conflicted...
I walked into the library,
Dean said" We're talking about that kid's soul."
Sam said" Not all of it."
" Oh, okay, then. Tell me you're not cool with this."
Cas said" Don't you think Jack should decide for himself?"
Sam said" Listen, I know how important a soul is. Believe me, I do. But if we have a shot at saving him and bringing him-"
Dean said" Look, if we do this- if- how are we supposed to get her upstairs, hmm? What, do we talk to Death? Billie? Kidnap a reaper?"
Cas said" Death is powerful, but she and her reapers- they don't decide who goes up and who goes down."
Sam said" Then who does?"

Cas grabbed a book and showed us Anubis,
He said" Anubis. Guardian of the dead. The ancient Egyptians believed that when you die, Anubis would weigh your heart on his scale against justice's feather."
Sam said" Yeah, the- the weighing of the heart ceremony, right, but that wasn't Anubis. That was Osiris. We met him."
Dean said" Major dick."
Cas said" Osiris is Anubis' father, and Heaven passed over him when they enlisted his son."
Lily said" Anubis works for Heaven?"
" He doesn't work for Heaven. He works with Heaven. When God left- sorry, long story- we needed a new judge, and Anubis was the obvious choice."
Dean said" So, heaven hired a temp to make sure the soul trains kept running on time?"
Sam said" Right. Great. So, we summon him."
Lily said" You can do that? You can summon a god?"
Dean said" Done it before." My leg was tapping, then I walked away, heading back to my room. I hate this damn plan! This is risking Jack's soul, the only thing Jack really has that's his own! I don't like risking this, it's dangerous. I looked at the blades on my desk, no, don't! Nothing ever good comes to when I do that. It's a risk, and I could die, which'll be worse than this if they manage to pull through and get Jack back.

Lily was leaving, I sighed, she learned her fate, she didn't like it.
Sam said" He's our kid!"
Lily said" I'm sorry."
Dean said" You know what I think? Burning all that soul? You're not even human anymore, not really."
Sam said" Dean-"
" Otherwise, how could you ever, ever let anyone go through what you went through? The pain of losing a kid? Don't do this to us."
She was doing it, we got Jack's body ready,
Dean said" Cas, I hope you can hear me. We've got Jack. His shell- it's ready to go. Here's hoping that you're staring at him right now. So, if you are, then, uh, do your thing, okay? Amen." Lily started doing the chant, I looked at Dean and Sam, I gulped, staring at Jack.
Jack woke up, gasping, breathing heavily,
Sam said" Jack. Hey. Hey, hey, hey. Read this. Jack, read this." Jack read the paper, then he looked up and his eyes glowed.
He said" Was that my soul?"
Dean said" How do you feel?"
" Good. I feel... good." Dan hugged him, I smiled,
Sam said" It's good to have you back."
Dean said" Lily, thank you."
" Yeah. Lily-"
" Lily?" She died, but maybe her doing this changed her luck.
——
Jack said" Is, uh, something wrong?" We were all kinda looking at him, I smiled,
Sam said" No." He chuckled," No, not at all."
Dean said" Just damn glad to have you back."
" Yeah."
" And we know where Michael is. Not quite sure how you pulled that one off."
Cas said" Well, we, uh- we still don't know where Dark Kaia is or the spear."
Sam said" Yeah, but we will. We'll figure it out. We'll find her. I mean, we found her before."
Dean said" That's right. And then Michael- and that son of a bitch is gonna pay." He held up his beer, looking at us," Come on." I held up my beer and we all clinked them together, then took a sip.
——
I said" Number one?"
Jack said" We don't leave each other."
" You know how terrifying it is to watch someone die? It's not fun, you know... it's utterly petrifying, especially when you think that that person would never die before you."
" I'm sorry."
" It doesn't matter now, you're back. But you're still a terrible liar. Why'd Cas do it?"
" You know?"
" Best thing about being telepathic. I've learnt to tune in, and he's being targeted by the Empty, great. But he saved you, so that's better, honestly, and he's at peace with it. Nothing to worry about." He nodded," It's gonna be fine, at least... I hope it is, but, hey, we've honestly survived worse than this."
" You, Sam and Dean or me and you?"
" Equal both."
" You should get rest."
" You should get that you don't boss me around, Tiger."