Chapter 9

Dean said" Alright. Ive been cruising some websites. Think I found a few candidates for our next gig. A fishing trawler found off the coast of Cali. Its crew vanished. And we got some cattle mutilations in West Texas. Hey! Am I boring you with this hunting evil stuff ?"
Sam said" No, I'm listening. Keep going."
" And here a Sacramento man shot himself in the head... three times. Any of these things blowing up your skirt, pal?" 
" Wait, I've seen this."
" Seen what? What are you doing?" Sam got up, going through Dad's journal,
" Dean, I know where we have to go next."
" Where?"
" Back home. Back to Kansas."
" Okay, random. Where'd that come from?"
" Alright, um... this photo was taken in front of our old house, right? The house where mom died?"
" Yeah."
" It didn't burn down completely. They rebuilt it, right?"
" I guess so, yeah. What the hell are you talking about?"
" Okay, look, This is gonna sound crazy, but the people who live in our old house, I think they might be in danger."
" Why would you think that?"
" Uh... Just, um... Look, just, you got to trust me on this, okay?"
" Hey, whoa, whoa, whoa. Trust you?"
" Yeah."
" You got to give me a little bit more than that."
" I can't really explain it is all."
" Well, tough. I'm not going anywhere until you do."
" I have these nightmares."
" I've noticed."
" And sometimes they come true."
" Come again?"
" Look, Dean... I dreamt about Jessica's death for days before it happened."
" Sam, people have weird dreams, man. I'm sure it's just a coincidence."
" No, I dreamt about the blood dripping, her on the ceiling, the fire, everything and I didn't do anything 'cause I didn't believe it. Now I'm dreaming about that tree, our house, and some woman inside screaming for help. I mean, that's where it all started. This has to mean something, right?"
" I don't know."
" What do you mean you don't know, Dean? This woman might be in danger. This might be the thing that killed mom and Jessica."
" Alright, just slow down, would you? I mean, first you're telling me that you've got the shining... and then you tell me that I've got to go back home, especially when..."
" When what?"
" When I swore to myself that I would never go back there."
" Look, Dean, we have to check this out. Just to make sure."
" I know we do."

We were driving towards Lawrence, Kansas.
I said" Where's my mommy?" Sam and Dean tensed up," What's wrong?"
Dean said" Uh... nothing, baby girl, and I'll tell you when you're older."
" But I wanna know now." He looked at Sam for help,
Sam said" Uh... Dean's right, you're way too young."
" But 'm tough."
He chuckled," I know, Haz, but it's just... it was really bad. And you shouldn't know till you're older."
" But you know about your mommy."
" She got me there, Dean."
Dean said" Fine, we went back to some small country town after about a year after being there for a bit. There was some monster snatching up kids. A woman, she was a hunter was there too, she had been with us the last time, and when I saw you bundled up in a blanket... I knew you were my little sister. The woman died that night, the monster tore her apart and nearly killed you, but we came in and saved you." My lip started to shake, Dean sighed,
" Hey, no, no. Don't cry, Haz. It's alright." Sam let me cuddled into him as he rocked me a bit," Your mommy was really brave and really nice, just like you. And you luckily didn't get much of Dad's features, 'cause me and Dean are ugly and you are super cute." I giggled,
" Hey! Don't bring me into that, I'm adorable." Sam rolled his eyes," Saw that, Sam."
" Don't listen to him, Haz, he's got nothing on you." He kissed my head and ruffled my hair, I laughed. Dean winked at me, I smiled.

Once we pulled up to their old house,
Sam said" You gonna be alright, man?"
Dean said" Let me get back to you on that." We got out, Dean lifted me into his arms and held me on his hip.
We knocked, a woman answered the door, she said" Yes?"
" Sorry to bother you, ma'am, but we're with the federal-"
Sam said" I'm Sam Winchester and this is my brother, Dean, and sister, Hazel. Um... we used to live here. You know, we were just driving by, and we were wondering if we could see the old place."
The woman said" Winchester. That is so funny. You know, I-I think I found some of your photos the other night."
Dean said" You did?"
" Okay. Come on in." We walked in, Dean didn't like it here, I could tell.