Chapter 136

The boys went to Garth's, some emergency, we've been having a very normal day and it's freaked us out. Sam's sick, Dean got a parking ticket and his mouth is killing him, and I nearly busted my head open tripping, which doesn't happen. I don't trip, I mean, I'ma friggin' creature, I'm not clumsy.

After a while, I felt something off with my brothers, I teleported in, and saw Sam on the ground. I looked up to Garth's wife,
I said" Cayenne pepper?" She nodded, I laughed,
Sam groaned" Not funny."
" Actually hilarious." He groaned, I
smiled.

We were sitting on the couch, Garth and Dean came up, Dean looked high.
Sam said" Hey. Where have you been?"
Dean said" Guttung me teef fixed." We looked at Garth,
Garth said" I had to numb him up. He'll be fine in an hour."
Sam and I said" What?"
" Okay. Seriously... what is going on here?"
" What do you mean?"
" I mean, Apparently Dean's never been to a dentist before, and suddenly he got a mouthful of cavities, you're sick, and your car is broken down. Who did you guys piss off?"
Sam said" God."
Bess said" I'm sorry. What?"
" Yeah." We kinda explained everything,
Bess said" God. The God is trying to kill you?"
Sam said" Well, uh, trying to make us kill each other."
Garth said" So, he's a writer, and you've basically been the heroes of his story?"
" I guess, yeah."
" Huh. Well, what's that make me? A supporting character? Special guest star?"
" No, Garth, it's not like that."
" Oh, no, no, no. I want to be the guest star. Being the hero sucks. I mean, sure, you'll probably win eventually, but until you do, your life blows. Your parents get gunned down in an alleyway. Your home planet gets blown up. You, uh, interview this good-looking rich guy, and it doesn't go well, so he shows up at the hardware store where you work, and man, it starts to get, you know..."
Bess said" It's from, uh- We love Fifty Shades."
" Yeah, we do."
Sam said" Who's the hero in that?"
" No, no, no. The point is, the hero thing- it's not fun. Well, I mean, there are some good things about it. Like, uh, when was the last time that Batman got a flat tire? Or Superman couldn't pay his water bill?"
Bess said" Or the power goes out in the Red Room?"
" Exactly. See, the hero never sweats the small stuff. It slows down the story."
Sam said" So, then, what happened? Chuck... downgraded us?"
" Maybe, yeah. And now you're-"
Dean said" Cursed. C-Cursed. Cursed."
" No- Normal. For the first time in your lives, you're having normal-people problems. You need to get a colonoscopy, stat."
" What?"
Sam said" So how do we fix this?"
Garth said" I don't know."
A man said" Bess?! Bess!" We walked upstairs," Who're they?"
" They're friends."
" Like hunter friends?"
Bess said" Brad, they're cool."
Garth said" Now tell us what happened to you."
Brad said" Fell down the stairs."
Sam said" Brad, listen, we don't care that you're a werewolf, but you got attacked by a wraith, which is really weird. Now, we're just trying to understand what happened. So help us. Please."
" Wow, I mean, wow. With the furrowed brow and the puppy eyes- did you see that? That never actually works for you, does it?" Bess grabbed the wound,
She said" Answer the question."
" Ow! Okay! It's-It's a place... monsters go. They fight for money."
Dean said" Money? Like, real money? Hey, I can talk."
" Good for you. Yeah, real money. Okay? They pay to watch it. They livestream it on the Dark web or whatever."
Sam said" Wait a second. So-So, you-"
" Yeah, I needed the cash. Got three baby mamas- I got bills."
" This place- where is it? I know you don't want to tell us, but-"
" Belgrade, Minnesota. Old warehouse off Peach street."
Dean said" Well, that was easy."
" Yeah, well, lots of fangs in there. You know, I figured you two walk in, they're gonna rip you to pieces." Bess grabbed his arm again," Ow! Really?!" We walked out.

Garth said" I don't think you should go."
Dean said" Garth, we don't have a choice, okay? That many freaks in one place? You know they're dropping bodies."
" Yeah, but the old Sam and Dean, they could've handled this, no problem. But you guys..."
Sam said" Can't?"
Dean said" Hey, look, just because God yanked the magic horseshoe out of our ass or whatever doesn't mean that we're gonna give up. This is our job. It's what we do. And, yeah, it might be a little harder right now, but so what? Bring it."
" What he said."
Garth said" All right. Then I'm coming, too."
Dean said" Oh, no, no, no. No. Garth, come on. You got a family, okay? You got a life. If something went wrong- and, right now, with us, everything's going wrong- we're not doing that to Bess, to the kids."
" Okay, you're right. Well, at least let me get you a new set of spark plugs."
" Yeah."
Sam said" Deal."
——
We got out at the place,
Dean said" Isolated, run-down- yep, that'll do Monster Bloodsport. This should be perfect. Oh, man. Bess makes the best grilled cheese."
Sam said" Yeah, you ate like seven of them."
" Well, I'm a growing boy. Let's go." He went to grab the bag,
" Whoa, whoa, whoa. Wait, wait, wait, wait."
" What?"
" Dean... extra rounds, dead man's blood, first-aid kit, emergency flares..."
" Seriously?"
" Dude, if Garth was right, if we're really normal now, we can't just charge in there guns blazing. We need to be ready for anything."
" Well, I guess we'd need a grenade launcher." He smiled and grabbed the launcher," Hey, sweetheart. I don't think we've used that .38 in about four years. Hyah! Hyah!" Sam closed the back, and we walked towards an entrance.

We walked in,
Sam said" Welcome to fight club." And Sam tripped, making a loud noise." I-"
Dean said" You forget how to walk?" Then Dean's stomach gargled,
" What was that?"
" Not good, that's-"
I said" You okay?"
" Oh, god. I gotta go."
" Go?"
" I-I gotta go."
" What?"
" Bathroom, bathroom, bathroom." He dropped his stuff and walked away from us,
Sam and I said" Dean? Dean?" We heard Dean hit something and then definitely vomiting.
Sam said" You know, I think you might be lactose-intolerant now."
Dean said" I'm ok-" Then vomiting again, I laughed, Sam hit my shoulder, I smiled. Then we were jumped, I turned invisible, I levitated and got out of there. Once I got outside, I started running.
——
I was waiting in the parking lot, Garth came out with Sam and Dean, I sighed.
Dean said" Come on! We gotta- we gotta get somewhere! We gotta regroup! We gotta come up with a plan!" Garth stopped, I walked to them," Garth? Hey! Hey, what are you doing? We gotta get outta here before the monster squad shows up!"
Garth said" I've already got a plan."
Sam said" What?"
" The Monster Squad were the good guys. We're the monster squad." He pressed the button, and everything exploded." C-4, a hunter's best friend. Cool, right?"
" Thanks, Garth."
" All right. Bring it in." I heard a roar from inside, then we saw a monster come out.
Dean said" No way."
" Go! I've got this." He went wolf, but this monster was literally triple his size.
Sam said" Garth... Garth!" The monster hit Garth and Garth flew into the bed of a truck.
Dean said" Hey, did you believe me when I said I thought we could win this thing?"
" Nope."
" Yeah, me neither. Bring it on, Madison!" He kicked the monster's crotch, no reaction, then he got kicked in the crotch. Ouch! I sighed as Sam took a go and failed, Dean got up and took a go and failed. Now being held in a chokehold,
The monster said" This was fun. Fun." Then let go, I sighed and raised my hand, freezing him. Garth stabbed him through the head,
Garth said" He got garth'd."
Dean said" Aha-ha! It's weird. It, like, hurts in my stomach. It's not even- it's like, up there. It's, like, where my ribs are. I don't know why. Has my voice gone higher?" He walked away,
I said" Okay, so how about I handle all the fighting now since you two old folks can't."
Sam said" Mm-hmm." I walked to Dean, and laid my hand on his shoulder, healing him a little. I wobbled, blinking a few times, breathing out.
——
We were at Garth's,
Dean said" This Cas keeps looking at me weird."
Sam said" So kind of like the real Cas."
Bess said" I packed you some of those grilled-cheese sandwiches you love."
" Oh, thanks."
Dean said" You know what, I think this guy's got a little something for you."
" Yeah, we better go. Bye."
Garth said" I'll walk you out."
Bess said" Bye."
Dean said" Bye, guys." We walked out of the house," Hey, listen, Garth, I just want to say, what- what you did-"
Garth said" Ah. It was nothing."
Sam said" Nothing? You saved us and blew up a bunch of monsters. That's not nothing. That's-"
Dean said" That's being a hero."
Garth said" I guess I learned from the best. You guys, you gonna be okay?"
" What? Because we're normal?"
" That, and because the almighty's after you."
Sam said" Right, yeah. Um, I, uh... we don't know."
" Listen, I wasn't gonna say this earlier, but... there might be something that could help."
I said" What kind of something?"
" I heard this story once about this place you can go if your luck's gone bad."
" What kind of place?"
" Not sure. The guy who told me said it was in Alaska, on the road between Barrow and Kotzebue. He said, you'll know it when you see it, whatever that means. Look, it might not even be real, and you know this stuff works. There's always a catch. And being normal- I mean, maybe you'll get used to it."
Dean said" Yeah. Maybe."
" Anyway, if you ever need anything..."
Sam said" We know."
" Good."
" Thanks for everything." I hugged Garth, then Sam did, then Dean, for once.
Dean said" You don't smell too bad yourself."
Garth said" Thanks. It's Hai Karate."
" Okay." We walked away,
" Stay safe out there."
Sam said" You too." We walked to the car and saw Garth and Bess dancing.
Dean said" You know, I always thought I could be a good dancer if I wanted to be."
" Well, you were awesome at the Macarena."
" Yeah." We got in," So... what now?"
" I don't know. Garth's right- stuff like that, there's always a downside. And being normal..."
" Is fine. For normal people with normal problems. But you and me? There's zero about our lives that's normal. And the way things are going, if we don't fix this, we might kill each other by accident."
" Yeah."
" And if- when Chuck comes back, we can't go up against him like this."
" So, uh... Alaska?"
" Alaska." We drove off but the car was acting crazy, then the engine stopped." Son of a bitch!"