Chapter 128

Cas said" I just don't know how much longer we can control them. I don't think they're buying the benzine story. I think- one man told me his wife, she's gone missing and-"
Sam said" Wait, wait. What? Who?"
" He said her name was Nan."
" Alright, we'll find her. Will you tell the hunters in the zone to keep an eye out?"
A hunter said" Got it."
" Thank you. Give me a minute."
I said" I'll do a round about, be back soon." I walked out, running into town quickly,

I was walking around, I let my eyes glow then turn black as I watched a group of ghosts. I sighed, walking again, I shot a ghost trying to escape, we need to figure this out before even more people get killed. That missing woman is definitely dead, no doubt, those ghosts attacked her the second she was seen. I caught up to Dean and Belphegor,
I said" You guys are so slow." I let my eyes go back to normal, even though I'm honestly more comfortable with them demon-fied.
Dean said" I thought you were with Sam and Cas."
" A woman's gone missing, I'm betting she's dead. I'm doing a round about." I held up my gun," And haven't we learned enough about teaming up with demons? No offense."
Belphegor said" None taken, half-demon."
" Thanks, pencil pusher."
Dean said" No, you two are not allowed in the same room! Hazel, go." I shrugged," Go!" I huffed, then turned on my heel to go the opposite direction,
" Hey, you see Jack the ripper yet?"
" Just shot him."
" Cool, right?"
" It was cool." I smiled, then took off, running to circle the other way since Dean doesn't like me and Belphegor being in the same vicinity. He says it's because I'm gullible and it's Jack's body. But honestly, I think he doesn't like having one and a half demons near him at all times.
——
Dean, Belphegor and I were staring at two possessed people, Sam walked up to us.
He said" Hey, what's going on?"
Dean said" Guy's wife disappeared, I guess he came back in here looking for her."
" Alright. Hey, uh, guys. What's happening? Uh, we're gonna have to ask you to leave this area and head back to the school." They started oozing,
I said" Sam, they're possessed." Then a ghost appeared,
He said" Clear the way. We're leaving. Open the warding. Now."
Dean said" Obviously that's not gonna happen."
" We're not in the mood to argue. His insides are being torn apart by the spirit possessing him." The man fell to his knees," So sad. That's far enough. Stop." The woman started to fall now, I looked at Sam and Dean," The warding. Now!" Then they were shot, and the ghost disappeared, we turned and saw Ketch.
He said" Hello, lads."

Belphegor and I walked into the room Sam and Dean were in,
Belphegor said" Streets are quiet."
I said" Which just means they're planning their next move."
Ketch said" Jack?"
Belphegor said" Um, no. I get that a lot."
" So, Jack is..."
Sam said" Dead. Jack is dead."
Dean said" Killed by God. I guess kid got under his skin."
Belphegor said" And now I'm under Jack's." He laughed," Yeah, literally. Belphegor's the name."
Ketch said" You're Bephegor? And you're assisting Sam and Dean with this whole ghost business?" Belphegor nodded," This is awkward."
Dean said" What?"
" Well, truth be told, in my current employment as a freelance contractor, I was asked to, um, assassinate the demon Belphegor."
Sam said" You're not here to help?"
" Well, I certainly am now. I was told that Belphegor was a monstrous threat to humanity. Apparently not correct, yes, hmm?"
" Who told you that?"
" An attractive female demon named-"
Belphegor said" Ardat."
" She doesn't like you."
Sam said" Point is- don't kill him, alright? We need him."
Dean said" For now."
——
Kevin is around, ghost form, but he's here.
Sam said" It's great to have Kevin around, even Ghost Kevin- but do you think it's safe having him do what he's doing?"
Dean said" No. no. I mean, none of this is safe for any of us, but if he can give us some information, you know..." We turned around and saw Belphegor," Would you stop sneaking up on us?"
" Hey, we just heard from a reliable source that the warding is fading."
Belphegor said" Yeah. Sure, sure. Like- Like I said it would. I guess I just assumed you two pros woulda wrapped it up by now. What can I say? Goofy optimist."
Dean said" Okay, meanwhile, we're gonna need you to charge her back up."
" Oh... yeah, if only. Sorry, guys. It was a one-time thing."
I said" Well, Kevin says the ghosts may sense its weakness."
" Oh, Kevin says? Kevin Tran? Whiny Kevin Tran? Ugh. Typical Millennial."
Dean said" Kevin's not even supposed to be in Hell, okay, so when this is all over, we're gonna send him up to heaven where he belongs."
" Yeah, yeah, not gonna happen. Souls cast down to hell? That's the end of it. Heaven can't take 'em."
Sam said" That's not true. Our dad made it to Heaven after he was in hell."
Dean said" And Bobby singer."
Belphegor said" So god made an exception. Didn't he used to like you two? Just saying. Without the big guy... them's the rules." Then Sam squirmed, grabbing his injured shoulder.
" Still with the shoulder?"
Sam said" I'm okay. It's getting better." He walked away from us, I glanced to Dean, then looked at Sam, it's not getting better.
——
Rowena ran up,
She said" I got here as quick as I could. Mr. Ketch and I were attacked by ghosts. He may still be fightin' them."
Sam said" Are you okay?"
" He- Francis said they have your boy."
Dean said" Kevin?" She nodded, my eyes closed then opened," Did you bring the soul catcher?"
Sam and I said" Is that what you're calling it?"
" I like soul catcher."
Rowena said" Whatever. There's been such a fuss, there's no telling if it works."
" Well, if it doesn't, nice knowin' all of you."

Sam, Dean and I walked into the house, we saw the hoard of ghosts and Kevin.
Francis said" The messrs. Winchester. I hope this encounter's more productive than the last one."
Sam said" You said you wanna talk."
" Indeed. The terms are quite simple. You shut down the warding. I won't devour Kevin whole."
Dean said" Well, here's our offer. You go to hell."
" Not what it's cracked up to be." He stuck his hand in Kevin's chest and it glowed, Kevin started screaming. No, no, no!," Well, boys, what's it gonna be?" I flinched, wanting to raise my hands and burn all of these ghosts back to hell. Rowena and Cas came in,
She said" Capare!" Francis stopped and ghost'd out, but we got some of the souls.
Kevin said" Thanks. I think my bad ass days in hell may be over."
Dean said" Yeah, looks like. Nice work, Rowena."
She said" Oh, it's not as powerful as the first one. A few ghosts at a time, I'm afraid. A lot of them got away."
Sam said" So what now?"
Kevin said" They have a backup plan- They know that the warding's been fading. They think if they mass all the ghosts at its weakest point, they'll be able to bust out."
Dean said" Well, where's its weakest point?"

We were at the weakest point, there's so many ghosts,
Belphegor said" So... not good."
Dean said" You can see 'em. How many of 'em are there?"
" 100 at least. More keep coming." We heard a crack, Dean pointed his gun at Ketch.
Ketch said" Easy. It's just me." Dean started shooting off at the ghosts, there's too many...
" Yeah, that's not gonna work. There-There's too many of them."
Dean said" How 'bout it?" Rowena walked in front, with the soul catcher in hand.
She said" Capare!" The ghosts started going in,
Belphegor said" It's working."
" Capare!" Then Ketch slapped her, knocking her down,
Dean said" Ketch!" He grabbed the soul catcher, and turned to us, he's possessed!," Son of a bitch." Dean went to shoot but his gun just clicked, oh shit.
Ketch said" Oh, Dean. Did you run out? Wouldn't matter anyway. And thank you. Thank you so very much."
Rowena said" Francis..."
" The thing about souls is... they're almost pure power, so even with the few trapped inside your little gizmo here, I am in possession of a massively powerful weapon, one which I will happily use to blow open that warding." Dean shot Ketch, Rowena grabbed the soul catcher,
" Capare!" She captured the three other ghosts," Capare!" Then captured Francis himself.
——
Dean walked up to Sam, me and Kevin,
Sam said" Hey. Kevin says he wants to leave."
Dean said" Leave?"
Kevin said" No. No, no, no."
" We-We got to get you into Heaven."
" How? Belphegor says... I've been in hell. Heaven can't let me in."
Sam said" Kevin, being a ghost with nothing to hold you... anywhere... that would be a terrible way to exist."
Dean said" That's true."
Kevin said" Look, I got two options- hell or earth. In one, I get tortured for eternity. In the other, I might go crazy. Guess I'll take door number two. I won't go back to hell. Maybe... I know Belphegor can't power up the warding... but maybe he can make just a bit of it dip? You know, for a minute. E-Enough to let me out."
Sam said" I'm sorry, Kevin. I wish there was some way to make this right."
" Me too, but there isn't. And sometimes, you just gotta accept that. Besides, I'm better off than I was and... I mean, there's a whole world out there."
Belphegor said" Would you come on, already?"
Dean said" Take care, Kev."
Kevin said" I love you guys." He walked to Belphegor, who opened up the warding a little, Kevin raised his hand, I waved bye. He walked out and disappeared.

We walked up to Cas and Rowena, they were staring at the sky,
Dean said" What's going on?" Rowena pointed, we turned around and saw what was happening. Souls escaping hell.
Belphegor said" They just keep coming. Soon, they're gonna overrun us. Again. Once my spell comes crashing down..."
Rowena said" My little toy isn't strong enough to handle all this. We have to find another way. Before it's too late."
Sam said" All right, then that's what we'll do."
Dean and I said" How?"