Chapter 140

I was laying with Jack, he's not taking the whole having your soul back thing well... at all. I heard clanks, I looked at Jack, his head was on my lap, my fingers messing with his hair. Then I heard the air shut down,
I said" I'll be right back." I got up, and walked out, I walked to my brothers, they were headed to a different room. Sam looked at me, I sighed then followed them.
Sam said" The gas and water converge down here. Maybe. It's too bad we can't just call a plumber."
Dean said" Oh, yeah- Uh, hey, Mario brothers? Yeah, could you come to the most secretive, secure, supernatural hideout in the world? Great. Thanks. Go, Luigi! What is this?"
" This is the bunker... grid-control... center thing- I- thingy."
" Yeah, of course."
I said" Dean, no-touchy."
" Reset. Standby."
Sam said" What?"
" Why? What do I do when, uh, you know, my computer has too many pop-ups? Turn it off, turn it back on again. Hmm?"
Sam and I said" No, I don't think that's-" Dean hit the button, and everything shut down, I groaned, dropping my head.
Sam said" We were gonna say we don't think that's a..."
Dean said" Shh, shh, shh."
" Good idea." The power powered up again,
" Ha-ha! Victory! Now... burger time!" He walked away," Meat man! Comin' to town!" I looked at Sam, I sighed then shrugged, heading up the stairs too.
I said" Dean, how many times do I have to tell you, you can't call yourself meat man!" Dean just did his smile and walked away, I groaned," You're so freakin' gross!" I rubbed my temple then headed back to Jack's room, Sam grabbed my arm.
He said" How is he?"
" He's... managing, you know. It's gonna be hard for him. He's still half human." He nodded, I walked away from him.

I was in my room, braiding my hair,
I heard Dean yell" Sammy! Haz!" I ran out and got to the map room, I saw Dean, Sam,  and a woman.
Sam said" What's going on?"
Dean said" Well, I was walking into my room, about to, uh, dive into my Dean Deluxe. I look up, and there she is, folding my, uh, underthings."
" Your underthings?" His boxers. I rolled my eyes,
" My-" 
The woman said" Well, if you'd folded them properly to begin with." Dean dropped his arms,
Sam said" I'm sorry. Who are you?"
" My true name is... Oh, it's hardly decipherable in your tongue. Mr. Ganem called me Mrs. Butters." She giggled, I walked in front of Dean, getting ready to fight.
Dean said" Oh. Mrs. Butters."
Sam said" Wait. Our tongue? So, w-what? You're not human?"
She said" Oh, no. No, no. I'm a wood nymph."
Dean said" Okay, well, shouldn't you be in the woods somewhere, nymphing?"
" Well, alas... that is a young one's game. But, no, no, I have much more important things to do. And besides, I live here." Huh? I looked at my brothers, confused.
Sam said" Okay. So-So you're a man of- Uh, you're a Lady of letters?"
" Oh, god, no. I was never a member, no. No, no. No, I was more of a helper. I, uh, took care of the cleaning and laundry and the cooking. The men of letters, though highly intelligent, were oblivious to the necessities of life. But they were my boys. My family." Well, that's very progressive...
Dean said" Well, that's very progressive. Uh, okay, well, we don't want any trouble, so you can just leave."
" Leave? This is-this is my home. Well, I have worked for the men of letters since before the war." Oh, geez... she doesn't know anything.
I said" The war? What year do you think it is?"
" 1958."
Dean said" Ooh. Well, afraid to tell you, but it's, uh- it's 2020."
" It's- Well... then... Well- where is Mr. Markham? Mr. Ackers? Where-Where are the rest of the men of letters?"
" You're looking at 'em. The rest of them are, um- they're dead."
" How?"
" A demon named Abaddon killed them, all of them."
" Oh." She teared up," Ohh. That's why they didn't come back. When the lads left for the ceremony, I was told to stay behind, guard the bunker. But they never returned. So, to keep the bunker safe, I placed it and myself in standby mode. I never dreamed... it would take this long to be reactivated."
Sam said" Yeah, we don't totally know everything about this place yet."
Dean said" It's kinda been one apocalypse after the other."
She said" Oh, no, it's fine. I know how busy your work can be. If you're anything like the others, then it has been an age since you had a home-cooked meal or celebrated the holidays or- oh- ahem- washed your clothes." Dean looked down at his clothes,
Sam said" Yeah, we're not really holiday people."
" It's worse than I thought."
Dean said" You said, uh, that-that we were on standby mode. So, this entire time, we've been operating on, uh, like, half power?"
" The men of letters used my magic to give the bunker an extra oomph." She snapped her fingers and stuff kinda came alive. Dean and I hummed, looking around.
Sam said" What's that?"
" Oh. The radar, of course." We walked to the map table,
I said" We have a..."
Dean said" Monster radar?"
She said" The chime indicates something relatively nearby. And by the color... it looks to be a nest of vampires. 50 miles away. 725 Black Drive."
" We have a monster radar."
" Yeah. Well, if you boys hurry, I imagine you can clean out that nest and make it back here in time for supper."
" Oh, hell yeah!"
" Ohh- ohh."
" Heck- Heck yeah."
" All right." She walked away, Dean chuckled,
Sam said" Dean, hold up. How do we know we can trust her?"
Dean said" Look at her. It isn't that big of a stretch to think that the men of letters wouldn't have found somebody to help out. I mean, they were basically a bunch of uppity, preppy bachelors, you know? Having a... whatever she is- it's almost required."
" Yeah, but-"
" Why don't we go check it out, alright? If the nest is real, then she's telling the truth, and we know we just caught a serious break, and we have not been catching those lately."
" And if it isn't?"
" Then we deal with it."
" What about Jack?"
I said" Yeah, 'cause I'm going with."