Chapter 117

I woke up to someone hitting my thigh, I opened my eyes and saw Dean.
I mumbled" Does Sam need help?"
He said" No, I'm headed for a drive." I sat up, looking at him," Going to see mom." He hugged me," Take care, baby girl." He let go of me, walking out quickly, I tilted my head, that's strange.. we rarely hug, I mean, I hug them all the time, but that's me, not Dean. He only hugs when it's like the end of the world.
——
Sam and I were headed to Dean because Sam's been talking with their mom, and there's stuff missing from the bunker.
Sam said" Listen, mom, I-I- I think I should come up. Uh, there's some stuff missing from the bunker, and-"
Mary said" Sam, I don't know what's going on, but something is going on. Just give me some time. Let me talk to him, okay?"
" Okay, yeah. Um, yeah. All right, mom." I looked at Sam as he put the phone down,
I said" Not telling her we're on the way?"
" No."
" What're we thinking is wrong with Dean?"
" I don't know."
" No guesses?"
" Nope, how about you?"
" He hugged me, Sam, and that's terrifying."
——
We got to the cabin, Dean turned with his gun at us,
We said" Dean! Whoa, easy!"
Sam said" Dean, what's going on here?"
Dean said" It's mom. She's gone."
Donna was over,
She said" I got his tags, put my guys on it. They're running 'em. I'm sorry."
Dean said" It's not your fault, Donna."
Sam said" It's mine. Nick said when he left he was just gonna go home. I-I didn't know he was..."
" Killing people?" Her walkie talked,
She said" Yeah. Go for Hanscum."
A deputy said" We got that van you were looking for. A traffic cam just caught it pulling into a storage facility outside Grand Rapids."
" Copy that. I got it from here."
Dean said" How far is Grand rapids?"
" 30, 40 minutes."
" We'll be there in 20." We headed out, I looked at my brothers, this can't be happening. We should have killed Nick when he survived... or locked him in a freakin' asylum, he's freaking messed up.

Sam said" Say it. I can see you want to. Might as well go ahead and say it."
Dean said" All right. Nick is not a project. He's not a freakin' puppy. He was Lucifer's vessel for years."
" I know that, Dean. I thought-"
" You thought he'd what? Just walk it off? Come on, man. You're not that dumb."
" It's not about being dumb, Dean. It's called compassion. Look, what happened to Nick could've happened to me. It almost happened to me. You change one little thing in our past, and that was me. Lucifer wearing me to the prom. And besides, since when do we give up on people? Since when do we just cut people loose?"
" Well, maybe you need to learn, okay? 'Cause when people are past the point of saving, maybe you need to learn to walk away." Sam sighed, looking out the window, I sighed, yep, that went about as well as I thought it would.

We got there, Sam shot at Nick as he had Mary pinned,
Sam said" Get away from her! Stay back." Dean untied Mary's wrists, I stared at Nick," Is she all right?"
Dean said" She's good."
" What's wrong with you? What are you doing?"
Nick said" What I have to." Then Nick scratched the trap,
Mary said" No, Nick-"
Sam said" No!"
The demon said" Showtime!" Then we were pulled up then slammed down, ouch!," You want to know why I gutted your family? Orders. I was following orders."
Nick said" From who?"
" Who do you think? Lucifer planned the whole thing."
" I don't-I don't understand. Why my family? Why-Why me?"
" No particular reason. You were chosen, but you're not special. We threw a dart at the phone book." I saw Dean getting up,
He said" Exorcizamus te, omnis immundus spiritus, omnis satanica-"
" Naughty." He slammed him back, dammit," So... who dies first?" He advanced for Mary, then Nick stabbed him, we all got up. Nick pulled the blade out,
Sam said" Nick, take it easy." Donna shot him in the leg then Mary punched his face.

We got outside,
Sam said" Donna, hold on."
She said" Yeah. Sure."
" Why?" We looked at Nick,
He said" I needed the truth, Sam. I needed revenge for my family. You would've done the same thing."
" I'm sorry. I'm sorry I couldn't help you. I'm sorry I didn't know how."
" It's not about you, Sam. It's never about you. You couldn't fix me 'cause I don't want to be fixed. I was never broken."
" Yeah, Nick, you are. I don't feel sorry for you, Nick. I feel sorry for the people you hurt, the people you murdered, the people whose faces will haunt you every night for the rest of your life. You can burn." Donna put Nick in the car, I looked at Sam, crossing my arms.
——
Dean said" It's a Mal'ak box. Secured and warded. Once inside... nothing gets out, not even an archangel. Especially an archangel."
Sam said" Yeah, yeah, yeah, I've-I've read about these, but no-but no one's ever- they're impossible to build."
" Yeah, well, not so much."
" That's your plan? You want to be buried alive?"
" Buried's not safe enough. Plan is, pay a little hush money, charter a boat to take me out to the pacific. Splash."
" You and Michael, trapped together- for eternity?"
" Yeah."
Sam and I said" You do realize how insane this is, right?"
" It's the only sane play I've got. Michael gets out, that's it for this world. And he will get out."
Sam said" Well, how do you know that for sure?"
" Because I do. Because I can feel him in my head. That door is giving. I can feel it giving."
" But there has to be another way."
" There's not, okay? There- Sam, Hazel, you've tried. Cas has tried. Jack... And I love you for trying. But none of it's gonna work."
" We don't know that."
" Yeah, we do."
" What?"
" Billie."
" Billie?"
" She paid me a little visit. She said that there's only one way that this ends right. And this is it- this, right here, this box. So she gave me a special recipe, and I had to do was the work. It's fate."
" Since when do we believe in fate?"
" Now, Sam. Since now."
" So... you came out here to see Donna, to see Mom on some-some what? Some sick, secret farewell tour? You were gonna leave, and you weren't even gonna tell us. Us. Do you realize how messed up that is, how unfair that is!"
" I didn't have a choice! Sam, Hazel, you're the last persons I could tell, the last persons I could be around, 'cause you're the only ones that could've talked me out of it. And I won't be talked out of it. I won't. I'm doing this. Now, you can either let me do it alone... or you could help me. But I'm doing this." I looked down, biting my lip,
" All right."