Chapter 145

Sam, Jack and I walked out into the road, everyone was gone, everyone! Dean pulled up, He walked to us,
Sam said" Everyone's gone. You see anybody on the way here?"
Dean said" No."
" I couldn't save anybody. Billie."
" It wasn't Billie. It was Chuck."
" What?" Cas wasn't with Dean... where's Cas?
Jack said" Where's Cas?" Dean looked down,
Sam and I said" Dean?"
Dean said" He saved me. Billie was coming after us, and Cas summoned the empty. It took her. And it took him. Cas is gone."
Sam said" This can't be happening."
" It is, Sam. I think everyone's gone." Sam walked away, calling people, I pulled out my phone and started calling people.

Sam, Dean and I walked into a restaurant,
Dean said" Hey." He pointed to the tv, an empty football field." It brings a whole new meaning to the term sudden death."
Sam said" Dean, do you think we're it?  All that's left?"
" Yeah. You, me, Haz, Jack."

Jack came in,
Dean said" Hey."
Jack said" So, um, what now?"
Sam said" I did this. We could have just given Chuck what he wanted, you know, his grand finale. But I resisted. I pulled the thread. I thought we could beat this game, do it better. We tried to rewrite him, and the whole world paid the price."
Dean said" Sam, we can-"
" We can what? There's nothing left, Dean. No one left to save. Everybody's gone."
Jack said" You can't just give up."
" What other choice do we have?" 

Sam and Dean met up with Chuck, didn't go as planned, and this really sucks.
I was watching Dean, passed out, he drank a lot, and I mean a lot. Sam walked in, he looked at me, I nodded to Dean, sighing.
Sam said" Dean? Hey." He kicked him, Dean groaned,
Dean said" Look out."
" You okay?"
" I feel terrific." Then I sensed something, I tilted my head, scooting off the table I was sitting on. Jack came in,
He said" Guys, I'm... feeling something weird."
" Yeah, me, too, pal. We need aspirin."
I said" Not like that."
Jack said" I'm sensing a presence. There's something out there... besides us."
Sam said" Something like people?"
" I don't know."
Dean said" How are you sensing anything? I thought you were all powered down."
" I'm not sure. But I feel it."
——
We pulled up to this gas station, getting out, Jack and I walked into the gas station while Sam pumped gas and Dean went for the bathroom.

We were headed to wherever this signal was,  it was dark, I was half asleep,
Dean said" Unbelievable. Can't even save a friggin' dog."
Sam said" Yeah, maybe that's the point. No one left to help. No one but us."

We got to a church, we got out,
Sam said" You sure about this, Jack? Whatever you're picking up on is in there?"
Jack said" In there or very nearby. Guys, I have no idea what we're walking into."
I said" Well... let's find out."

We walked in, and up to the front, I heard a voice, Michael's voice.
Michael said" So... you survived." We turned to face him,
Sam said" Michael." I stood in front of Jack,
" When the rapture first began, I took refuge here. Is it St. Michael's, you may have noticed."
Dean said" Are you hiding out from your dad?"
" I'm sure he's aware I took your side against him. I've avoided using any powers that might attract his attention."
Sam said" And Adam?"
" Gone. I'm sorry to say. Exterminated by my father, like everyone else."
Dean said" Poor bastard never caught a break."
" How did the four of you manage?"
" Apparently, your old man has a sense of humor. He thought it would be hilarious to watch the four of us on an empty planet."
Sam said" What, are you, uh... doing some reading?"
Michael said" I never spent much time on earth. I was... curious about the perception of god and Heaven."
I said" And?"
" Amazingly, the believers loved him. They have for thousands of years. I guess my efforts were more effective than I'd hoped."
Sam said" Y-Your efforts?"
" When God left heaven, I was certain of his return. So I made sure all of the angels and prophets burnished his image on Earth. The all-knowing, all-seeing, all-caring god."
Dean said" Daddy's boy."
Jack said" And now? After seeing what Chuck's done?"
" We reached out to you. You ignored us."
Michael said" That was then. This is now. Tell me what you need me to do."