Chapter 105

S13E20 Unfinished Business
———————————————————
We were walking through the woods,
Jack said" Balthazar's army attacked, but we were ready. And then I... I killed him.." I nudged his side," We killed him."
Mary said" And Bobby?"
I said" Well, he'll be back in a few days with the people that we saved."
" How many?"
Jack said" 30 at least. You're not happy? This is the third battle in a row that we've won."
" Jack, I know. I... we're running out of space and supplies. And now with all those new people, I just... don't know how we're gonna take care of everybody." We heard rustling, We turned and Mary pointed her gun to someone.
The man said" Sorry. Didn't mean to startle you."
" What is it, Jakob?"
" Just got word from the eyes outside Michael's fortress."
" And?"
" They're saying the angels, they're leaving."
Jack said" Why would they leave?"

We mind moved... yep, that's what I'm calling it, to Michael's base, it was all empty. We opened our eyes,
Jack and I said" It's all empty."
Mary said" You're sure?"
" There are a few angels guarding the perimeter, but inside... they're gone."
" What is going on?"
" Maybe... maybe he's scared."
Jakob said" We've been fighting Michael the better part of eight years. There is nothing he is scared of."
Jack said" He's scared of me. I'm winning."
Mary said" Jack-"
" I think we should go, see if Michael left anything behind, something that can tell us where he's gone, what he's planning."
" It could be a trap."
" It's alright. I'll keep you safe." I looked at Jack then to Mary, as much as my gut wanted to tell Jack that this could be a trap... i couldn't, we needed to know where Michael was going... because.. Michael is one bad mofo and I'm not letting him get away with anything.
I led Jack away from everyone,
I said" Jack, we've killed a lot of angels, but remember our end goal?"
Jack said" To... get home?"
" I'm not gonna let Mary or you rot in this place... my brothers... they're probably trying to get to us... and if I know them, they're not gonna stop till we're all reunited. So, we continue to do what we're doing, but if we even get a sliver of chance to get out of this place... we take it, okay? I don't heal too good, and you can't heal me... Jack, I can't- I can't feel my ankle anymore."
" We have to get you help, maybe-"
" No, Jack, Mary's got help for me but they can't do nothing... Michael did something to it... and I think only my brothers and Cas can fix it now. So... we're gonna get out of here, okay?"
" Okay, Hazel. You should stay here, it wouldn't be..." I looked at him with a raised eyebrow," Right... Go down guns a-blazing." I smiled then nodded at him,
" You're learning well, tiger." He smiled and held out his hand, I grabbed his hand and smiled," Let's do this."

Once we got to Michael's base, we walked in and it was empty. Two went to check the rooms, once we got an all clear,
Mary said" Jakob, take the others. Check the warding." They walked out," Really hate this place." Jack and I were looking at the table with a map on it.
Jack said" Look."
" Well, those are Michael's armies."
" Why are they all over there?"
" I don't know."
Jakob said" Look who we found in the dungeon. The prophet. Kevin Tran. He's a traitor!" I sucked in a deep breathe, then closed my eyes before opening them.
Kevin said" I'm- I'm a prophet of the lord. I was serving God-"
" You serve Michael. Prophet here turned his back on his own kind."
" I didn't have a choice! I... Y-You don't understand. I... I... I never used to believe in anything. Well, ex-except science, quantum mechanical unpredictably. But then the end of the world happened, and everyone around me, my friends, and my... my mom. They all started to die. But God chose me? What... What does that even mean?! Michael said he wanted to save the world, not kill it. But he... he hurt so many people. When I couldn't perfect the spell, Michael, he got mad and threw me in the dungeon. And I was so scared, but I fixed it. B-But I... I couldn't do it anymore."
Mary said" Kevin..."
" And then he... he..."
" What spell? What's Michael planning?"
" There's a place in the south where the walls between worlds are thin. Michael's gonna use a spell from the angel tablet to open up the rift, and then he's g-" No, no, no, no!
Jack and I said" He'll invade our world." Oh, hell no! No way.

A guy said" Jakob's right, leaving his plans like this? It's too sloppy."
Another said" Or he doesn't care."
" Doesn't care?"
" He knows we can't stop him. He's probably making his move as we speak." No, not happening!
Jack and I said" No, we can go, right now. If we can surprise Michael, we can kill him."
Mary said" Jack, Hazel, no."
" No, we can't let him cross over."
" I know, but-"
" We know where he is."
" Do we? Michael could've left this map as bait. Bobby's only a day out. We should wait."
Kevin said" Mary's right. Michael, he... never does anything without a reason."
Jakob said" I say we let the archangel go. Let Michael be some other world's problem for a change." Oh, hell no. I want to kill him.
Mary said" How can you even say that? That's 7 billion innocent people. Jack, Hazel, listen to me. This is Michael we're talking about. He's killed everyone that's ever stood against him. We have to think this through. I'm asking for a day. Please." Oh, I can't... my brothers, Cas... is back there... in our world.

We were talking with Mary,
Jack said" I know we said we'd wait, but..."
Mary said" You're going after Michael."
" We have to."
" You can't."
" You don't think we can win."
" I think we don't know how strong Michael is."
" And he doesn't know how strong I am. How strong Hazel is."
" I know you've been winning all these fights, and you want to take him on so bad. I was just like you, with hunting. But I learned the hard way, thinking you can win all the time, running blind into every fight? That's how you make mistakes. And the people here, they-"
" I'm doing this for them."
" You can't help them if you're dead. And I can't lose another boy, I'm not loosing my only girl."
" You won't. I'll come back, for all of you. I promise." We turned around,
Kevin said" No."
Mary said" Kevin?"
" You can't go." He ripped his shirt and it was a sigil carved onto his chest," Michael... he told me to wait for Bobby, for all of you to be together, but I can't. He wanted you to see."
" Whatever Michael said, he was lying."
" No! Michael says... that when I get to Heaven- when he lets me into heaven- I'll get to see my mom again."
" I've been to Heaven, and what's there... it's just memories. Nothing's real."
" I don't care! You don't understand. I... you don't know the things that I've done. I just want this to be over."
Jack and I said" Your spell won't kill me."
" Michael doesn't want to kill you. He wants to break you. He said for me to tell you that, Even if you win, you still lose. I'm sorry."
Mary said" Don't!" I grabbed Jack and, Jack grabbed Mary, we crouched down. Please work, please work. I held tightly to Jack and Mary, this has to work... the blast hurt me, but I stayed away.
Once Jack moved his wings, Mary was unconscious, Jack and I looked around the room, everyone was dead. I held onto Jack's arm.

We were standing by the window, Mary walked to us,
Jack said" It's my fault. I said I'd protect them."
Mary said" We can prepare and we can fight... and sometimes... things happen we'll never see coming."
" I can't keep them safe, then what's the point?" I hugged Jack's side, tightly.