Chapter 121

Hi, everyone! So the finale premiered last night, and I just watched it, I cried a lot. Today, I'm updating this story, Currents and the Prologue to Run, Boy, Run.

Enjoy.

I was in my room, with two empty bottles of tequila, and drinking a bottle of vodka. My door opened, I brought my phone to me and moved the bottle of vodka over behind my dresser.
I heard Dean say" Hey, Haz."
I said" Hi, Dean. Thought you said you were gonna sleep for like ever."
" Just checking in-"
" I'm good, Dean."
" You helped Jack kill Michael. You really wanna say you're good?"
" I'm good, I swear. Yeah, a bunch of people died, but that's what happens right? We're all eventually gonna be dead... so I'm good." He sighed then walked out, closing the door, I stopped the slight smile, and grabbed the vodka bottle again.

I was with Jack as he was trying to figure out what the snake liked. I was eating a sandwich,
Dean said" What, you setting up a science project?"
Jack said" I'm trying different foods for the snake."
" Why?"
" I think he's sad."
" Oh. Have you tried bacon?" Jack stood up,
" Do snakes like bacon?"
" I don't know. I like bacon. Well, anyway, you and the, uh, snake..." I should have warned him as he picked up the take-out container, but he'll learn." Want to go for a little dri-ive..." He put the container down,
" You mean a hunt."
" Uh, more like a field trip."
" Okay."
" Yeah. Good. All right. I'm gonna make some bacon now." He walked away,
" Would you like some bacon?" The snake hissed, I walked over to Dean, holding the container. I put it up near his face, he groaned,
I said" Scared of two little mice." I laughed, he grumbled, I walked away from him and put the container back on the table." I'm releasing the mice back into the wild."
" I need to see if he likes live food."
" Then feed him you. The mice shall not be eaten by the evil snake."
" You just say it's evil because you don't want it to eat the mice."
" Very true! The mice live to see another day or I will never love you again." I smirked, looking at him, raising my eyebrow,
" Liar."
" How do you know? I could be telling the truth."
" Because you can't not love me."
" How do you know that?"
" Because you told me so."
" Shut up."
" But the mice live another day." I smiled,
" Hear that little guys, you will not be eaten by the mean old snake. Dean, can I keep the mice?"
Dean said" Take the outside of the bunker, now."
" Got it, can't keep them. Jack can keep the creepy snake, but I can't keep two adorable mice."
" You talk a big game, little sister, but I know why you hate that snake."
" No, you don't."
" You've been terrified of snakes ever since you were a kid, and one bit you, and we had to go to ER because you were about die."
" I like snakes."
" You can like them but be terrified of them at the same time."
" I hate you."
" Sure you do. Take the little mice outside and release them into the wild."
" Fine, fine."

We were in the car, I heard Dean talking to Jack, I closed my eyes again.
I heard Dean say" Hazel, grub up."
I groaned" Dean, shut up."
" Okay." I smirked then went to sleep, too tired to even think of staying awake anymore.
I was staring into my mirror, my eyes were fogged over, I blinked and the mirror exploded. Shards dug into my skin, I couldn't move, and it was like I was completely and totally numb to the feeling. Then the mirror reappeared, and my eyes were now black, I blinked again, they went back to normal. No, no, no, no! No! Please?! No! I screamed...
I jolted a little, blinking a few times, trying to calm my heartbeat. I saw Jack's head turned towards me, Dean was focused on the road. I sighed, I checked my eyes and they were their normal color. I pulled my knees up to my chest, staring at the window, I think something's wrong... but I don't want to think about.. I'm good, everyone's good.
——
I woke up to the door opening,
I said" Why are we at Donny's?"
Jack said" That's where the field trip was at."
" Cool." I tilted my head, as my brain fuzzed,
" Hazel?" Sam... Sam, trouble.
" Jack, something's wrong with Sam, I gotta go. Don't let him know, I'll be back as soon as I can."
" What is-" I teleported away from him, and went to Cas...

I breathed heavily, as I saw Cas, he walked over to me.
He said" Hazel? What are you doing here?"
I said" Where's Sam?"
" He's- it's really complicated." My eyes glowed, I started slightly levitating him off the ground.
" Then un-complicate it."
" I believe this town's been hexed or cursed, everyone here acts strange and now it's gotten to Sam. He thinks he's Justin Smith, a man who's head exploded." I let him down, my eyes still glowing,
" Who do you think is the witch?"
" A waitress named Sunny."
" Then let's go get whatever evidence you have and kill her." I got into his car, he got in, staring at me," Cas go! What if whatever is causing heads to explode gets to my brother?" He started driving...

It was dark, a woman gasped as she turned around,
Cas said" I think we should talk."
She said" I, uh- okay. About what?"
" About how you're a witch."
" A witch?"
" About how you brainwashed my friend and about how you've done something to this entire town."
" I don't know what you're talking about."
" Oh, yes, you do." He held up the letters he found," You wrote these... you wrote them to Conrad. And between various steamy, erotic musings, you begged him to leave. Why is that? Because you were afraid you'd hurt him?"
" You don't know what you're talking about."
" Okay, then tell me." She tried to get past him, but he grabbed her arm, I sighed," Tell me, or I'll rip it from your mind." He made his eyes glow, she stayed silent," Fine. Have it your way." He went to grab her head,
" No, no, please! It's not me! It's him! He's out of control!"
A guy said" Well, now..." I turned and saw a few guys," That's not very nice." Then I saw my brother...
Cas said" So, you did this?"
" What, did you think it was the milkshakes?" He laughed,
I said" What are you?"
" Well, I like to think of myself as a kind of good samaritan. You know, I've always been lucky. I've always had an intuition about what people are gonna do or say. Made me the king
Of poker night. But then the mill shut down, and this town- the town I love- had started to die. Then my sweet wife, she passed away. And the world kept gettin' worse, and they called it modernization, and no matter what I did, people would turn to drink or drugs, they'd move away. They just weren't happy." He sat down," Things kept getting worse, and I started to hear noises- voices. And I screamed at these voices! I said, just make things better! And you know what happened next?"
Cas and I said" No, but we have a feeling you're gonna tell us."
" The very next day, I thought- just thought- I wish there was more people in the soda shop. And I came in here that day, and it was packed. And that's when I figured it out. I can make people do whatever I want."
Cas said" So you're some kind of mind-control psychic?"
" I remade this town. I gave everybody new names, new lives. I made everybody happy. Well, most everybody, and, uh, the ones who fought it, well-"
" You'd murder them."
" I was just protecting my home!"
" And you- you knew all about this."
" Well, she knew enough to play along, but, uh... my tricks never worked on Sunny. She's too much like me."
Sunny said" I am nothing like you."
" But you. Why can't I change you?"
Cas said" Because I'm not human."
" Oh. Well... gentlemen?" Sunny ran out the door, the guy ran after her, I stared at the two guys and Sam.
" I won't hurt you, Sam."
Sam said" Golly, I told you my name is Justin!" The guys attacked, I stopped one from hitting Cas and slammed him into the wall. I raised my eyes, he slammed into the ceiling, I dropped him, then I turned to Sam, I gulped then turned to the other guy, he tried to grab me. I grabbed his arm, kneeing him in the groin and twisting his arm back till I heard a small snap. I grabbed the first guy as I saw Sam tackle Cas, I started twisting my hand, the guy tried to grab his neck,
I heard Cas say" Hazel. Drop him." I turned my head and saw Sam and Cas looking at me. I blinked a few times then dropped the guy, we ran out to get the guy who chased after Sunny. I was disoriented...
The guy said" No. No, in this town, I'm god." Sam pushed him away from
Her,
Sam said" No. You're not. Believe me. We've met god."
Cas said" God has a beard." Then I was thrown back, I hit the wall, I groaned, I looked up and saw Sam on the ground.
The guy said" Sorry, sport."
Sunny said" Stop! I said stop!" He fell down, Sam got up, I stood up,
" You see? I told you! You're just like me!"
" No. You hurt innocent people. You want to be happy? Then be happy." He sat, spaced out,
Sam said" W-What did you do?"
" I-I don't- I..."
Cas said" She made him happy. Your father is trapped inside his own mind. He's in a world that- it's a beautiful world. But it's a place where he can never hurt anyone again."
" Good."
——
I was lifted up, someone was carrying me, I couldn't tell if it was Cas or Sammy.
I heard Dean say" Hey! How was Arkansas?"
Sam said" Arkansas was, uh... it was... weird."
" Heard you wore a cardigan."
Cas said" Yeah, I told him about the cardigan."
Sam said" Great. Thanks."
Dean said" And the wife. He said you were, uh, really happy."
" Thanks. Yeah."
Cas said" Where's Jack?"
I said" You shoulda seen the glasses, perfect with the cardigan." I groaned as my head hurt,
After a few minutes, I was put down on my bed, I closed my eyes, falling asleep.