Chapter 141

I was sitting in a chair, across from Sam, we were trying to find cases, but that wasn't going as planned. My eyes closed, I started dozing off.

Then I was slapped on the thigh. I opened my eyes and saw Dean next to me,
Sam said" You think Amara just popped up in New Jersey and caused a blackout?"
Dean said" She's a player."
" It's weak."
" Well, right now weak is all we have, okay, 'cause nobody's found anything, and without Amara, we're screwed. So Atlantic City? All you can eat prime rib. And possibly one all-powerful cosmic being. Come on, man. Sounds like a road trip to me." Cas walked in,
" Cas."
" Hey, right on time." Cas squinted his eyes, I smiled.

Dean explained everything as we walked towards the library,
Cas said" Well, I should go with you."
Sam said" Cas, it's probably nothing."
" Uh, so I'm, what, supposed to just sit here?"
Dean said" Well, somebody's got to keep an eye on Jack in case Billie shows up for his, uh, thing."
" Right, while you track down one of the most powerful beings in existence and lie to her face."
" Exactly."
" Dean, Amara's dangerous. You can't just charge in."
" We're not, okay? Plus, you know, she and I used to have a thing, so..." Cas stopped,
I said" I still can't believe you've benched me!" We walked into the library,
Jack said" Sam, what's this case about?"
Sam said" I wouldn't worry about it. I-It's, uh, not our kind of thing."
Dean said" You sure it's-it's nothing spooky?"
" I mean, a kid got killed. It's tragic, obviously, but the local cops can handle it."
" Great. But you know what? Why don't you, Haz and Cas go run it down just to be sure?"
Jack said" Really?"
Cas and I said" What?"
Dean said" Yeah, you said you didn't want to sit around here after the whole Mrs. Butters thing."
Cas said" Mrs. What?" Oh, yeah... we need to catch him up,
" Just get out there, you know, stay busy."
" With a murder investigation?"
" Yeah."
" Sam?"
Sam said" Dean's not wrong. And, look, this case, uh, maybe you can help."
Dean said" Alright, well, you guys go Highway to Heaven that bitch." They walked away,
I said" Guys?!"
Jack said" I'll get my suit. Can we wear matching ties?" I giggled, smiling widely,
Cas said" Yeah. Blue's a good color on you." I dropped my head, Jack got up and walked away, I looked at Cas.
I said" How'd I go from benched to babysitting you and Jack?"
" Do you want an answer?"
" Nope." He sighed then walked away, I sighed," Jack, wait!" I ran to catch up to Jack," Come on, Tiger, let's find your suit."
He said" Are you actually going with us?"
" Obviously, I don't feel like letting you out of my sight yet." He smiled then hugged me," Okay, okay, enough chick flick moment."
" You love chick flicks."
" Shut up."
——
We were at the crime scene, I was in formal work attire, dress pants, blouse and jacket. I hate this. The sheriff walked up,
She said" Great, you found it. Which one did I talk to on the phone?" Cas took out his badge,
Cas said" Agent Swift." They shook hands," And this is, uh..."
Jack said" Agent Lovato. FBI." His badge was upside down,
I said" Agent Kelly."
Sheriff said" In the field long, Lovato? You look greener than Baby Yoda."
Cas said" He's a very smart, very, uh, pale young man."
Jack said" I just graduated from CSI." I kept a straight face, but Jack is so not allowed on any police cases ever again.
Sheriff said" Uh-huh. Well, we're standing in what I call the trap zone. The victim was first attacked here."
" Did anybody find any tiny bags with chicken bones inside?"
Cas said" Anyone smell any sulfur?"
" Or feel cold?" Ugh... uh... no, boys, no...
Sheriff said" I don't- uh, look, none of that. But there was a message. The kid, Connor, someone wrote the word Liar on his body. Sort of carved it in."
I said" I see."
" Whoever did this worked him over good. Cut off each finger one by one. Shoved it down his throat. And we found this." She showed us a picture of Marvelous Marvin the Talking Teddy.
Jack said" Marvelous Marvin the Talking Teddy. I have one." I coughed, covering up my laugh," Uh, for my stepson. Ronald."
" Right. Well, the toy, it's got a speaker in it, and we found another one in a fake rock over there."
Cas said" How strange."
" Gets stranger. We caught this off of one of the security cameras across the street." We watched the video, a person in a mask,
" Is that a mask?"
" Think someone's seen too many bad slasher flicks."
" This is all very horrific."
Jack said" Almost demonic."

The Littlest Winchester जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें