Chapter 99

I was in Jack's room levitating off his bed, when Sam knocked on the door,
Jack said" Who is it?"
Sam said" Uh, it's me. Uh, Sam." Sam opened the door," Hey, just checking in. You haven't come out since we set you up. That's fine. I mean, it's- it's all, it's all been pretty insane, I'm sure. But, um... anyway, I-I brought you something. Please have a seat." Jack sat down, it was the message from his mom," Um, before you were born, your mom left you a message. And I know you have a bunch of questions. Hopefully, this is a start. Right. Yeah, here. I'll, uh... there you go. Just push this button right here. Wherever you're ready."
" Thank you." Sam and I walked out of the room, Jack pushed the button and it played. I walked to my room while Sam answered his phone, when it vibrated.

Dean left go help Missouri Moseley and Jody, while Sam and I stayed behind to "train" Jack even though, Sam knows I'm more of a do it and learn. I walked into the library,
Sam said" See this pencil, I want you to move it. With your mind."
Jack said" That's it?"
" That's it." After a few seconds, jack looked at me, I nodded.
" I can't. Nothing. I'm useless."
I said" Alright, alright. Jack, when you did use your powers, what was it like?"
" I don't... It was like... breathing. Blinking. It just happens."
Sam said" Even with Asmodeus? That just happened?"
" No. He made me. It was like... like he was in my head."
" Okay, um, then, uh... imagine him doing that."
" No."
" No? Why not?"
" Because I don't want to. It's just... I can't do this. And you keep staring at me, waiting."
" You know what? Let's take a break. Yeah."
" Really?"
" Yeah, I'll get some food. Just... you stay here, try to relax. When I get back, we'll try again." Sam walked out, I looked at Jack,
I said" It's scary, huh?" Jack looked at me," Hearing someone in your head, I know it terrifies me."
Jack said" How do you do it?"
" Do what?"
" Move things, control."
" I'll tell you, it's not easy. I'm positive I still don't have full control. I'm just good at when I want to, like..." I tilted my head and moved a few books a few inches." Best thing about having these powers... besides saving the people you care about, has to be the stupid stuff you can get away with. Sam's just trying to help you, and I know this isn't fun, I know it's not, I swear it. But... it's for the better, you know, eventually you'll be good at this and you can save people, Jack, you're a good guy." I walked out and to my room,

Once I heard Sam yell" Jack!" I slowly walked into the room Jack was in, I turned my head and saw him in the corner.
Jack said" It'd make sense... if I'm evil."
Sam said" What?"
" Just go. Please."
" No, Jack. Why do you think you're evil? 'Cause when I look at you, that's not what I see."
" Yeah, well, Dean sees it. That's why he says... he said He'd kill me."
" He what?"
" And maybe he should. Mom said I could be good, that I had the choice to be good, that it was up to me. But she's dead because of me. I've only been on earth for a few days, and I've already hurt people. I've already done bad things. And no matter how hard I try, I can't... I can't do the one good, stupid thing you want me to. So... I must be evil, like Lucifer."
" Jack... listen. Asmodeus tricking you, Dean... none of that is your fault. I think that, uh, after everything that's happened, you're- you're probably scared to use your power. And me pressuring you certainly isn't helping."
" Really?"
" Really. What do you say we call it? Until I figure out a better way. How does that sound?"
" It sounds... good."
" Good. Come on." Sam stood up and held out his hand, Jack grabbed his hand and Sam pulled him up.
" Sam. Why are you being so nice to me?"
" Because I know what it feels like to feel like you don't belong, to feel like there's this darkness inside of you, to be scared of who you are, what you can do. Dean, Cas... my family helped me through it. So now I wanna help you. Because you're not evil, Jack." Then he walked out,
" Hazel, why are you nice to me?"
I said" Because I'm like you, Jack. I'm different, just like you, and I can tell you, I know what it feels like to be so different, my family pulled me through it. I hated their guts for a while, Sam'll tell you that for sure, so I'm gonna help you, and be your friend. Now, come on, Jack, we're gonna go do something actually fun." I grabbed his hand and we walked to my room.
I mumbled" Where'd he put my- son of a..." Jack looked at me, I smiled then reached under my bed and pulled out my laptop. I put on cartoons and we began watching cartoons.

I heard Dean come in, Jack went somewhere, I think to get something, I walked out of my room and into the hall. I saw Jack against the wall, I looked at him,
He said" How's the kid? He go Dark side yet?"
Sam said" Nope. He is, uh, he's pretty messed up, though."
" You're telling me."
" No, Dean, he's messed up because of you. Dean... you said you'd kill him."
" It wasn't exactly like that."
" Then how exactly was it?"
" I told him the truth. See, you think you can use this freak, but I know how it ends, and it ends bad."
" I didn't. Hazel didn't."
" What?"
" I didn't end bad, when I was the freak, when I was drinking demon blood. Hazel, when she believed she was killing things for the better."
" Come on, man, that's totally different."
" Was it? Because you could've put a bullet in me or Hazel. Dad told you to put a bullet in me, but you didn't. Everyone wanted Hazel dead but you didn't let them. You saved us. So help us save him."
" You deserved to be saved. He doesn't."
" Yes, he does, Dean. Of course he does."
" Look, I know you think that you can use him as some sort of an inter dimensional can opener, and that's fine. But don't act like you care about him, because you only care about what he can do for you. So if you wanna pretend, that's fine. But me? I can hardly look at the kid. 'Cause when I do, all I see is everybody we've lost."
" Mom chose to take that shot at Lucifer. That is not on Jack."
" And what about Cas?"
" What about Cas?"
" He manipulated him. He made him promises. Said Paradise on Earth, and Cas bought it. And you know what that got him? It got him dead! Now you might be able to forget about that, but I can't!"
Jack whispered" Castiel." His eyes glowed, I closed my eyes,
I mumbled" Cas." I opened my eyes and they glowed, as Jack looked at me.