Chapter 130

I walked into the kitchen to find both my brothers there,
Dean said" It's veggie bacon." Ha, like Dean would have AND eat veggie bacon on his own accord. But... I wanna see how far he'll take the gag, and if Sam will actually trust Dean's word.
Sam said" What?"
" You've been asking for it." I grabbed a pint of ice cream and a spoon before jumping onto the counter.
" Yeah. But every time I ask for it, you say, and I'm quoting, I don't want any of that hippie, Sarah McLaughlin grass-eater crap in the Meat Man's kitchen. Which, by the way, For what it's worth, you got to stop calling yourself The Meat Man. It-It doesn't mean what you think it means."
" Yeah, it does. Anyway, it's not that bad. Give it a shot."
" I'm good."
" No, you're not. The past few days, you've barely come outta your room. Look, man, I get it, okay? With Jack... and Rowena... Rowena knew what she was getting herself into. She knew what needed to be done."
" Doesn't make it any easier."
" No, it doesn't. Here. In the last month, Beaverdale, Iowa, has seen more than a half-dozen cattle mutilations."
" So, what, mountain lion, or-"
" Mm. Three days ago, a girl's body showed up- ripped to pieces. Now, local badges think they've got themselves a psycho on their hands, but I mean, come on, man, that sounds exactly like our thing. So let's go check it out."
" You know, Dean, you can handle this on your own, or-or call up some of the other hunters-"
" No, no. You, me and Haz. Sam, we need this." He walked away, Sam tried a piece of the bacon, then he spit it out, I laughed.
" That-That's real bacon, Dean." Dean came back,
" You're damn right it is. Meat Man!" I sighed, shaking my head slightly, am I the only mature one in this bunker? Honestly... probably.
I said" I'm so not going." I ate another spoonful of ice cream, I sighed, Dean walked away.
" Pack your stuff or I pack it for you."
" Go near my room and I'll rip your ear off!"
Sam said" You okay, Haz?"
" Just leave me alone... Sam." I teleported to the doorway and walked down the hall, headed towards my room.
——
Dean and I were just at the morgue, now we're leaning against the impala, and Dean's eating.
Sam said" Hey. Any luck at the morgue?" Dean threw him the container," Is that a..."
Dean said" Vamp fang."
" Vampires drain their victims. Vamps don't rip their bodies apart."
" Apparently, this one does. And it gets a little weirder. Coroner said that there were no sign of defensive wounds, so it's like she didn't even fight."
" So whoever killed her, maybe it was someone she knew. And according to the vice principal, she kind of knew everyone."
" Oh, that's awesome." Then a beaver mascot drove by on a scooter. I looked at Dean," That's awesome. Ha!" I got into the car," You see that beaver?" He got in, I shook my head, sighing, only Dean.... Only Dean.

We got to where they found the victim's body, Susie.
Sam said" So, this is where they found Susie's body?"
Dean said" Yeah. You notice what's missing?"
I said" Blood. A lot of blood."
" So, how does a freak gut a girl and not make a mess?"
Sam said" By killing her somewhere else and dumping her here."
" Look like."
" Yeah. Great."
" Well, local police are freaked. Never seen anything like this. They got no idea how to deal."
" Of course not. That's our job. We keep them from dealing with the truth, with what's out there, and we carry the weight. It's great. Meanwhile, they get to go back to living in their white picket fence bubbles."
" You know, ever since you were a kid, you wanted to live in a town like this. Lame, normal..."
" Yeah, we don't get normal. And these towns, everything's the end of the world. You're late for work, your kid doesn't get into the right school- whatever. They don't... They have no idea what's out there." His phone rang," Huh. Vice principal Bailey? Yes. Really? Of course, uh, on our way." He hung up," We got another one." We walked to the impala and got in, heading back to the high school quickly.

I was woken up by someone swatting at my shoulder, I groaned and grabbed their hand. Dean.
He said" We checked the security footage, got a tag number, headed there now. You awake for a little kick ass?"
I said" Yep."
" You doing okay, Haz?"
" I'm fine, Dean." I sat up, wiping the tired out of my eyes,
" All right, no need to be hostile." I rolled my eyes then pushed his hand away from me.

They were in the house, I was waiting until I was needed, which will probably be soon. I rolled my eyes then went invisible, I teleported to my brothers. I saw a girl on the couch, she needs medical attention,
Dean said" But the cow's blood or whatever just wasn't cutting it, so you upgrade to humans." He was talking to the man," How am I doing? Am I right?" It wasn't the man.
Sam said" No, I don't think you're right, Dean. It's not the dad, it's the son."
The woman said" Shut your mouth."
The kid said" Mom-"
The man said" Billy, go!"
" No. You're right, about all of it. Okay? But what happened with Susie, I didn't- we were together. We were kissing... I could hear her heart... and her blood, and she- it just tasted so good, I just... I couldn't stop."
Sam said" Then what?"
" I told my mom and dad."
Dean said" So, you, what- chopped up the body? Made it look like some wannabe Bundy?"
Sam said" And then grabbed Tori and... and kept her as his own personal blood bag? Awesome parenting. Awesome."
The dad said" This is not Billy's fault. He was the victim. What were we supposed to do?"
Dean said" You were gonna let me just cut off your head."
" You don't have children, do you? Because if you did, you would know that to see your child in pain rips your heart out. And you'd know that you'd do anything. You'd die for them."
The mom said" Or kill for them."
The kid said" Mom, no."
" we can bury them out back, under the peonies. Everything is going to be fine."
Sam said" There's no way you believe that."
The kid said" Mom, stop..." She put the gun down,
She said" We just wanted him to have a normal life."
" Mom, I can't. That's what I've been trying to tell you. I can't. I killed someone that I loved, and I'll do it again. I know I will. I can't control this! I'm a monster. So here's what's gonna happen. You're gonna take Tori to the hospital, and you're gonna tell them that I kidnapped her."
" What? No."
" Dad said he was wearing a mask when he grabbed her. Tori won't know. You tell them I took her... and then I ran away."
The dad said" Billy, don't do this."
" Then you and me... we're gonna go for a ride. That's how it works... right? I'm sorry, mom. But this is the best way. This is the only way."

We were out in the middle of nowhere, Dean went to take the swing, I flinched and turned my head quickly. I can't watch Dean kill this kid, even if the kid did kill someone. I walked to the impala and got in, laying down, closing my eyes as I coughed into my hand, I saw blood, I gulped and wiped my hand on the inside of my jacket. I closed my eyes again and fell asleep, knowing my brothers would be back soon. And we'd hit the road.