Chapter 144

Sam dragged Jack through the bunker,
Sam said" Alright, I got you. Ooh, here we go." He sat him down in a chair in the map room,
Cas said" Jack, deep breaths. Just try to focus. Try to slow this down if you can." I held Jack's face, keeping eye contact with him,
Dean said" What do we do? What do we do?!"
Sam said" I don't know."
Jack said" You have to let me go. Just-just get me outside. I'll-i'll try and get as far away as I can."
Cas said" No, Jack!"
" No! Leave me! I can't stop this. I'm coming apart. I don't want to hurt you. Don't let me hurt you."
Dean said" Hey, hey, we're not giving up on you, okay? Um, magic, magic. One of Rowena's spells? Come on, we got to do something!" Stay focused on me, Jack, just stay focused on me.
I heard Billie said" I think you've done enough. We were so close."
" Chuck saw it coming. All of it- your whole plan!"
Sam said" It was doomed."
Billie said" Because of you. It was doomed because of you."
Cas said" You led Jack through his trials. You know what's happening to him. You can stop this. Please."
" I can't stop it." She turned his chair around, I stood up," But there is something I can do." She held his chin, then he disappeared, my eyes turned black.
Dean said" What'd you do? What did you do? Billie, where the hell is he?"
" The empty."
Cas said" What?"
" Jack was a bomb, designed to annihilate cosmic forces. Chuck and Amara are gone. The empty was the only player on the board that could possibly absorb that impact."
" So it's done?"
" It's done."
" Is he dead?"
" Maybe."
Dean said" You said this was a suicide mission."
" No. I said taking out Chuck and Amara would be fatal."
Cas said" It's a chain reaction."
" Mm-hmm. The empty? It's... different. Not as strong as Chuck or Amara, but... vast. But if Jack survives, and if the empty survives, it's gonna be pissed."
Sam said" Okay, so-so, the empty is pissed. What does that mean?"
" The empty is strong. It's got... beef with me, especially after what I just did."
Dean said" Oh, well, poor you."
" Good thing it can't reach me here."
Sam said" Yeah, the empty can't come to earth. Not without being summoned."
Dean said" Wait, what-what-what about Jack? If he's alive?"
Cas said" Then you have to bring him back."
She said" Not until I get what I came for. Yeah, Sam, you took something that belongs to me. God's book."
Sam said" You were always going to betray us. Once you defeated god, you were going to take power. That means everyone who got a free pass or a second chance, everyone who was resurrected or come from another world, you were going to kill them all- Dean, Hazel and me, too. That's the order you want restored. That's always been you endgame!"
" You got me."
Cas said" You lied to everyone. Even the empty. You promised it peace and quiet, but you never meant it."
Sam said" Even if I give you the book, what's to stop you from stabbing us in the back? Killing us all?"
She said" Nothing. But you don't have a choice. This isn't a negotiation. If he's alive, he won't last long. So if you want Jack, you'll give it to me now."

Sam came back with the book, he threw it onto the table next to her. He walked to us and sat behind me, she grabbed the book and opened it.
Cas said" What are you doing?"
She said" Since you ruined the last one, god's book has a new ending."
Dean said" Jack! Now! Billie, I swear."
" Shh." She closed it," Interesting." Then Jack appeared, I stood up, Billie stood in front of him," Nu-uh. The boy is mine."
Jack said" No."
" Sorry, kid. You're still useful."
Sam said" No, you can't!"
" I can and I will." My eyes turned black, I grabbed her scythe," Goodbye boys." I sliced her shoulder as she leaned back just in time, dammit! She slung me back, I slid across the ground, hitting the wall. She disappeared, Cas and Sam ran to Jack, Dean ran to me, pulling me up. We walked over to them,
Cas said" Jack. Jack."

Sam walked into the library, where Dean and I already were, both of us with a glass of bourbon.
Sam said" Hey."
Dean and I said" Hey."
" I couldn't sleep either." He sat next to me, Dean slid the bottle to him, Sam started pouring a glass.
Dean said" Sam, I'm sorry about everything that-"
" Dean. You don't have to."
" I pulled a gun on you. It's like I just couldn't stop. You know, we were so close to beating him. It's like I could smell Chuck's blood in the water, and I- nothing else mattered. It was everything. I just couldn't snap out of it."
" Well, you did. You've snapped me out of worse."
" Hmm."
" You have."
" Well, whatever Chuck did to Amara, he's probably more powerful than ever. Billie wants us dead, Jack's powerless, and Michael's not returning our prayers. So we have no heavy hitters on our side. We're basically at zero."
" We'll regroup somehow."
" Right."
" Yeah, to somehow." We raised our glasses, I took a sip, closing my eyes slightly, putting down the glass.
——
Cas, Jack and I were outside of Charlie's apartment building, she called, her girlfriend vanished into thin air.
Cas said" They won't be long. They just didn't want to overwhelm their friend."
Jack said" I don't mind."
" How you feeling? You've been quiet."
" How long you been waiting to ask me that?"
" I guess I didn't want to overwhelm you." He walked over to Jack and I,
" I feel... strange. I don't know if that's because of what happened to me, if it means something, or if I just feel strange because... it's over. The plan. My destiny. I was ready to die, and I want to, for Sam, for Dean, for the world. I wanted to make things right, and now... I don't know why I'm even here."
" Jack. You never needed absolution from Sam or Dean or from me. We don't care about you being you're useful or you fit into some grand design. We care about you because you're you."
" God, the empty, Billie, everyone's so mad at us, and I don't have my powers. There's nothing I can do to protect us. I'm scared, Cas."
" I know. Me too."

Everyone's starting to vanish, we're trying to get to Eileen, Sam's texting her. Sam looked at Dean, Dean started driving faster.
Sam jumped out and we followed behind him. Sam crouched down at Eileen's bag. He looked at her phone, he stood up,
Dean said" Sammy?"
Sam said" No. I can't- um. If I let myself go, then I'll lose my mind. I can't right now. Alright. We have to get everyone to safety. Anyone who might be on Billie's list."
Cas said" Where would that be?"
" We need a location. Somewhere central to everyone. We, uh, need somewhere secure, contained. We get them in, and we put up every last bit of warding we've ever used."
Dean said" Alright, you do that."
" What? What are you going to do?"
" I started this. I'm going to end it."
" Dean."
" Your plan, getting everybody safe, that's good, okay? But it won't last forever. Now, we couldn't make Chuck pay. But Billie? She left her blade. Her I can kill."
" I-I don't-"
" We don't have a choice, Sam."
Cas said" I'll go with you, Dean."
" Alright."
Sam said" Be careful." Dean hugged him,
" Okay. Let's go, Cas. Let's go reap a reaper." They got into the impala, I looked at Sam, then took a breathe, it's on. We gotta do this fast.
——
I was laying my head on Jack's shoulder, Sam was putting gas in the car.
Sam said" Hey, I got a job for you."
Jack said" Me?"
" Yeah, I need you to drive."
" But I only drove once."
" I got work to do. You know, I got to-to dig through the archives and w-work on finding spells. I can't do that with one eye on the road, so..."
" Okay, okay." I climbed over Jack, as he scooted to the driver's seat," I'll drive." He started driving, I looked at Sam, slightly nodding my head, silently thanking for giving Jack something to do.

We got to the meet up location, we got out,
Donna said" Hiya, kid."
Jack said" Hey. I'll help set up the warding." Jack walked away from us, Sam and I walked to Donna. She hugged Sam,
" I'm sorry. About Eileen. So, Bobby's inside with his crew. We've got more folks headed this way. Put out some calls to the other hunters. Garth, Jody, and the girls. They're all on high alert, ready to act when we need them."
Sam said" They're not on Death's list. They should be okay. You should be okay, too. We're just lucky to have you helping."
" Anything you need." Donna walked away, I looked at Sam then walked backwards before turning around and heading inside too.

I was painting sigils on the wall, we had every sigil we could find, any warding. I saw Jack crouch down, I walked to him,
Donna said" You know, I'm no expert on this hoodoo stuff, but best we patch that up, yeah?"
Jack said" Yeah. Uh, I guess." I walked away, I rubbed my head, this has to work for as long as Dean and Cas need.

Sam said" Has virtutes conliga. Eas integra. Eas firma. Nos omnes serva." The warding glowed,
Charlie said" So now what do we do?"
" We wait." Then a little girl disappeared,
A man said" Lily?"
Bobby said" Sam?"
" Dana, where's your sister?"
Dana said" I don't know!"
Sam said" It's not working." Everything went wrong, people panicked, they started disappearing into thin air.
Charlie said" Sam, what do we do?" Then she disappeared, Bobby disappeared,
Donna said" Sam?" Then she disappeared, I looked at Sam, grabbing Jack's arm. Sam, Jack and I looked at each other, what the hell just happened?!

We walked out of the silo, Sam was trying to get ahold of Dean.
Jack said" Sam? Was it just them?"
Sam said" I don't know." I looked at Sam, what the hell?!