Chapter 102

Dean said" Anything?"
Sam said" No. Thanks. Not yet. I put out an APB to every single Hunter we know. But... Jack's off the grid."
" Kid was pretty spun out. We'll find him. I mean, there's gotta be a sign at some point, right?"
" Yeah."
" Kid can cause a tsunami with a hiccup."
" I don't know. Maybe he's covering his tracks."
Cas said" Or this apparent dearth of evidence is, in fact, the evidence."
" The evidence of..."
" Of some horrific misadventure that's befallen him, like being dragged down to Hell by Asmodeus. Or... I don't know, possibly worse, being hijacked to Heaven by angels."
Dean said" Yeah, but isn't he too fast and furious for angels?"
" Maybe. Maybe not. That's what I'm gonna find out."
Sam said" Find out from who? From- from the angels?"
" Yes."
Dean said" Alright. well, let's go."
" Dean, you can't accompany me. My contact is already anxious about meeting and won't speak in the presence of a stranger."
" So introduce me. Then I'm not a stranger. I'll bring a six pack."
" Dean, I swore I would protect this boy. Let me do this."
" Don't do anything stupid. Alright. I guess we're stuck in idle."
Sam said" So... what do we do? Just- Just sit around here and wait?"
" Well, we could work a case. We got three murders here, a couple hundred miles apart. Same MO. They were all horribly tortured before having their throats slit. Look at the body. Next to it."
" She's a witch."
" Mm-hmm."
" Were they all witches?"
" Looking like. These aren't hunter kills. They're- they're more ritualistic, like a sacrament or something. Plus, all their places were ransacked, which means somebody was looking for something." I looked at them then sighed,
I said" You know, if you two would just unchain me, I could just find Jack and talk to him?"
" No."
" And why not?"
" Because you look like if you even use your powers, you'll drop dead. How much sleep have you been getting?" I tapped my foot, anxiously,
Sam said" An hour, at the most, I woke up a few times to see her sitting by my door staring at the ground."
" Haz, why didn't you tell anyone?"
I mumbled" I'm fine, my powers are just acting out, okay? They'll eventually settle like they always do."
" And till then?"
" I'll-"
Dean said" She'll stay in this bunker, whether she likes it or not. Chained down to her bed if it has to be like that."
" I'll just get out."
" Oh, see... about that. We strengthened up the cuffs and... made more."
" You, son of a-" Dean cuffed me to the bench, I struggled against the cuff then huffed," Bitch."
" Try and get out of them." I closed my eyes and focused on breaking the cuff, but I couldn't." Huh?"
" I... can't. I hate you guys."
Sam said" Sorry, Hazel. It's for your own good."
" How is chaining me up for my own good?!" My eyes glowed then fogged over," Guys... what's happening?" I started feeling extremely weak, I looked at my brothers, Dean rushed to me and got the chains off. I breathed heavily as I slumped into the seat, closing my eyes.
" We never do that again."
Dean said" Okay... so, those aren't helping... what do we do?"
" She'll need time to rest up, she won't try and locate him."
I mumbled" For now, okay?"
" Okay." I was lifted up, into Dean's arm and he carried me to my room, I started falling asleep.
He whispered" Be back soon. Sit tight. Love you, Haz." He kissed my head and I fell asleep, instantly.

I woke up to pain searing my brain, I opened my eyes, they glowed instantly, I instantly started screaming out for Dean and Sam. I heard my door open but there was too much noise to notice what the noise was even saying. I felt arms wrap around me and hold me down onto my bed, the noise started to settle down, slowly stopping.
I heard Dean say" Hazel? What's happening? Hazel!" I was shook awake, by someone's hands gripping my shirt. I opened my eyes instantly and raised my hands." It's us, it's us, calm down." I dropped my hands, looking at my brothers, tears racing down my face.
Sam said" Hazel, what was that?" I started feeling exhausted, my brain shutting down slowly," Hey, hey, stay with us." I opened my eyes since they closed again," Hazel, tell us something, what happened?" Dean let me lean against him,
I mumbled" S-Something... I-I don't, don't know... it was som-something.. I-I don't know."
" Was it Jack?" I shook my head,
" I-I know J-Jack... t-that wasn't him, I know him."
Dean said" Let's go, she's not staying here like this. Cas hung up weird, so we're tracking his phone." I nodded as Sam lifting me up and let me lean onto his chest.

Dean said" How we looking? You still got a lock on Cas' signal?"
Sam said" Sure do. I nailed down his location. He's not much further, so... Don't worry. You did tell him not to do anything stupid."
" Right. When's the last time that's worked?" I readjusted my head on Sam's chest," Haz, you doin' any better?"
I mumbled" Sure."
" Are you just sayin' that to let me have a singular piece of mind?"
" Maybe."
" Good to know." Sam ran his fingers through my hair, calming me down doing so.

Once we got to the bar, they went in and then I heard fighting, my eyes glowed and I ran in. I dodged a hit from one and grabbed their head, killing it. My vision blurred instantly, I could barely see... I raised my hand and held one off a Dean long enough for him to stab him. Then another man took on one, I saw Ketch... what the hell is happening? I hid behind Dean, my arms wrapped around his stomach, keeping myself up for as long as I could.
Sam said" H-How did you get out of the armory? Y-y-you... chains..."
Ketch said" Lock pick. If you'd done the prescribed cavity search, as you should've, you'd have found it. I, uh, grabbed some weapons from your toy box and a motorcycle from your garage, et voila. What's become of your angel?" Dean pointed his gun to him,
Dean said" Not sure. But I am sure about you, Arthur. You know, I gotta hand it to you. That paper trail you cooked up, pretty impressive. But my gut told me it was baloney. Looks like my gut was right. See, I've been in it with you, Arthur. I've seen your moves. We've gone toe-to-toe. And I saw that look in your eye when you asked about our mom. So why don't you cut the crap?"
" Actually, everything I told you is true. Well, except for the, uh, twin brother thing. I am separated from the British Men of Letters, lying low because they will kill me for desertion. I make a rather good living as a sort of soldier of fortune, deep underground, for a certain sort of clientele who appreciate my skill set. And I do use the name Alexander."
Sam said" How is it you're still alive?"
" I believe you're familiar with the with the witch Rowena Macleod?"
Dean said" So?"
" She was captured by the British Men of Letters a few years back. I discovered she'd sewn a powerful charm into her body that could bring her back should she be killed. I struck a deal wherein she did the same for me in return for allowing her to escape."
Sam said" So after we dumped your body, you-"
" Good as new. Only problem is, once the device is used, it needs to be recharged."
Dean said" Which is why you're hunting for Rowena. Well, sorry. Lucifer burned her up. She's dead."
" Is she?"
" Why'd you come here? You could've run."
" Did it ever occur to you, Dean, that I might actually be one of the good guys?"
" No. Not even once."
" You and I were soldiers in opposing armies who were at war."
" Well, the thing about war is, one side wins."
" I suppose you're right." Then he threw a smoke bomb, and ran, Dean shot and clipped him. They chased after him, I followed as fast as I could behind them. Once I got outside,
I said" Sam, De... I don't feel to good..." then I fell to the ground, I heard their feet before everything went black.