Chapter 113

My foot was tapping inhumanly fast,
Dean said" What's taking so long?"
Sam said" I don't know. Whatever's going on with Jack is probably complicated."
" Yeah, but, I mean, weird stuff happens to kids all the time. They get coughs, bloody noses." Cas walked out, finally," Is he okay?"
Cas said" I- I did what I could, but I don't-I-I don't know what's wrong with him."
" But you can figure it out, right?" Then we heard a thump, we ran to Jack's room and he was on the ground.
Sam said" Jack!" We ran to him, he was foaming at the mouth, Sam pulled him up. I looked at Cas and Dean, what the hell's going on?!

We got to the hospital,
Dean said" I need a doctor!" Dean and Sam went to the desk, I was with Jack and Cas.
Cas said" K-L-I-N-E."
The nurse said" Date of birth?"
Dean said" Come on. Is that important?"
" What did you say your relationship is to the patient?"
Sam said" May 18th. Date of birth- May 18th."
Dean said" 2000- '99... 2000."
The nurse said" Uh-huh. Family medical history? Let's start with the father."
" He's dead."
" Cause of death?"
Cas said" He was stabbed through the heart, and he exploded." I looked at Cas. No! No!
Dean said" Okay, you know what? We don't have time for this. All right, he's sick. His name is Jack Kline. His father exploded. There, you've got all the basics. Now what does he need to do to see a doctor." Then Jack passed out,
" Jack."
I said" Jack!" They took him back on a bed, we followed him,
Sam said" It's all right, Jack. Hang in there, buddy."
Dean said" Jack, hey, we're right here, buddy."
A doctor said" He's in good hands. Don't worry." They got him to a room,
Sam said" So, there's- there's been... uh, he's been coughing. There's been blood."
A nurse said" Okay, gentlemen, can you at least wait outside, please?"
" It's been going in for a while."
Dean said" What's happened? Is he gonna be okay?"
The nurse said" The doctor will handle it."
" Okay. Jack, we're right here!" They cut open his shirt, I turned my head, then put my face against Dean's chest, his arm wrapped around my waist.
——
It's been forever, finally, the doctor walked up,
Sam said" Hey, hey, hey. Cas. Doctor. So, um... what do we know?"
The doctor said" Well, I can tell you what we don't know."
Dean said" I don't like the sound of that."
" Jack's test results all came back negative."
Sam said" That's great, right?"
" Well, Jack- he's very ill. We're just not sure what we're up against."
Dean said" You just said his tests came back negative."
" Well, those tests, but we have to run more tests."
Sam said" More tests?"
" Yes, until we can figure out what's happening to him."
Dean said" What is happening to him right now?"
The doctor said" Jack... Jack's in total systemic failure. His body's in the process of shutting down." Okay, well we tried the human way, now it's our way.
——
We were back home, I walked with Jack into the map room, where Sammy's trying to get Rowena to help.
Rowena said" Oh, splendid! The sooner the better! From what I know of the father, the world will be better off without the son."
Jack said" You might be right. We're all figuring that out." Rowena looked at him then to Sam," I'm Jack. And I know people have a lot of strong feelings about my father, but I'm- I'm trying hard not to be like him. Sam and Dean, they-they say such nice things about you."
" They do?"
" You saved all of us- from Apocalypse World."
" Well, that's true."
" So, before you go, I-I just wanted to say... thank you." He started coughing,
Sam said" Jack?" He walked to us, helping me keep Jack up," Hey, buddy, you're all right."
Rowena said" Bollocks."

Rowena was checking him, then she walked out,
Dean said" And?"
She said" It's as I suspected. A nephilim, for all its power, is an unnatural presence. Part human, part angel... it-it doesnt quite fit. It's delicate. Its grace us what holds it in balance, and when Jack's grace was taken from him, his being fell into chaos. The-The cells are gobbling each other up."
Cas said" Well, if it's grace he needs, he can have mine."
" No, dear, it won't do. Jack is part archangel. He needs a much stronger force and probably some kind of magic and he needs it quick."
Sam said" How quick?"
" I don't... I don't exactly know, but he's enterin' a critical phase. Sometimes he'll look just fine, but then his body will give way and... it'll be the end of him." I looked down, no, no, no, no, no... okay, I can't loose Jack, I expect to loose Sam, Dean, Cas, we loose each other every other freakin' yea... but not Jack, we've been through too much together, I'm not prepared to loose him too.