Chapter 98

I was half asleep,
Sams aid" Hey, we still got probably 12 hours until we're home. You want me to drive?"
Dean said" Do I ever want you to drive?"
" Look... losing mom and Cas, that's a lot to process, Dean, especially on no sleep. And the kid-"
" The kid? Come on, man. You know how this plays out. Look, when we try to bend the rules, pretend that the bad guys aren't so bad. Or that things will get fixed, that's when people that we care about get hurt. And then we end up doing what we should've done in the first place, which is end the problem. So this time, let's start with the obvious. Soon as I find a way to take care of... It."
" Dean, 'the problem' might be our only shot at saving mom."
" Mom's gone. There's no fixing that."

Sam got Dean to get motel room, because we needed to, and because I might have threatened him... Dean needs sleep, so I threatened Sam... so he would get Dean to get a motel room.
Dean said" This is a bad idea. We should've just kept driving."
I said" Dude... you were hallucinating sheep on the road. We need a few hours." We walked into the motel room,
Jack said" This is nice."
Sam said" Let's ward the room, get a bite, get a few hours of sleep, hit the road first thing." Sam turned on the tv,
" It's wonderful."
Dean said" Hey. No."
" But..."
" No. And you're on the couch, sport. Alright? So why don't you go over there? Sit down, and here... read a book. We're out of here in a few hours." I looked at Sam, then to Dean, why does Dean have to be such a jerk sometimes.
Sam said" Jack, hey, I can take the couch. Why don't-"
Jack said" No, no. It's fine."

Sam and I finished up the warding, Jack was eating like... Dean, actually, it was entertaining.
Dean said" You can slow down, you know. That stuff's not gonna disappear."
Sam and I said" Ever seen you eat, Dean?" Then Jack copied Dean, grabbing a beer, and unscrewing the top.
" Wait, wait, wait. How old do you think you are?"
Jack said" 3 days, 17 hours, and 42 minutes." Dean looked at Sam and I, we made that face, then Jack copied Dean again. Dean looked annoyed, I smiled a bit, looking down." This book, it mentions my father. Not Castiel, but Lucifer."
" Oh, yeah. Yeah, he's- he's big in the bible. Lotta screen time."
" And you... knew him?"
Sam said" Well, he's not really an easy guy to know. He's, um, he's kind of rough around the edges."
Dean said" He's satan."
Jack said" And that's... that's bad."
" Damn straight. See... he turned on his father, God."
" God. He's in here, too. Is he famous or something?"
Sam said" Yeah. Um, God basically... created everything."
Dean said" Yeah, and then he skipped out, leaving guys like us to clean up his messes like Lucifer."
Jack said" So God's like my grandfather. He's family, and that's... that's good."
" Sometimes." Jack copied him again, this is fun," Okay, alright, will you stop?"
Sam said" So, Jack, we know Kelly taught you things before you were born. And obviously, you can, you know, make people or things move with your mind. But, um... what else can you do?"
Jack said" I... don't know."
" Okay. For instance, say you wanted to be somewhere else right now. Could you?"
Dean said" Can you teleport?"
Jack said" Teleport."
" Yes. If you wanted to be on the other side of that door right this instant, what would you do?" Jack got up, walking to the door," What..." Jack unlocked it then walked out, closing the door," Great..." then Jack knocked on the door.
I said" You know, it's possible he's more human that we thought." I got up and opened the door, letting Jack in,
" Mm-hmm."
Jack said" Like that?"
" Come on. You're trying to tell me you didn't pick up anything before you were born? That your father never reached out to you?" Then Jack got this face, like he was remembering something," What?"
Sam said" Jack? Hey. You alright?"
Jack said" Yeah. Uh, good. I'm good." I looked at him, no he's not.

Once we all finished eating,
Sam said" Alright, I say we, uh... get some rest. It's been a long day. We're startin' early tomorrow." Then floor boards creaked, Sam pointed to the door, and we got up. I grabbed Jack's hand and led him away from the door, then looked at the door. Dean opened it and pulled the person in and onto the ground." Donatello?"
Donatello said" Sam? Dean? Is God with you?" Dean got him up,
" You okay?"
" Ah, pretty much. No soul of course, thanks to Amara. It's kinda like losing your appendix. You never really noticed it when you had it. But now, when I come go a moral crossroad, I ask myself, what would Mr. Rogers do?, and as soon as I nail that, I'm usually good."
Dean said" Why are you here?"
" Yes. That is the question we all must ask."
" Why are you in Wyoming?"
" Oh. Uh, well.. after God left, I said to myself, Donatello, you are so retired. I mean, who needs prophet of God when there is no God? So... a few days ago, I'm online, checking out condos in Boca, and I am knocked off my feet by this weird wave of power. Not exactly like God's. More like... something new, something fresh. I was drawn to it. It's here. Wow. Right here. It's... you. Who are you?"
Jack said" I'm... Jack."
Sam said" Jack is a nephilim."
Donatello said" A child of a human and an angel."
" Archangel, actually. Um... Lucifer."
" Lucifer?"
" And Donatello here is a prophet."
Dean said" Which means he has a direct line to God, or Heaven."
Donatello said" Yes, well, not so much anymore. But, uh... look at you. The waves of power... so intense."
" Maybe less human than we thought." I dropped my head,
" Fascinating. You know, I've met your father. Your power's nothing like his. Not dark, not toxic."
Sam said" That so?"
Dean said" Not yet."
" If Jack is sending out a signal strong enough to get Donatello all the way out here... the angels are still out there. I mean, who knows what else might be listening? He need protection." Oh, no, this isn't gonna go well.

So, I was right, they took him to a tattoo shop, got the symbol and another sigil, but it healed through him.
Sam said" It was a reflex. He didn't do it on purpose."
Dean said" Who cares if he didn't do it on purpose? He did it. I mean, you didn't see Cas smitting someone every time he got his teeth cleaned." I shook my head,
Jack said" I'm right here, you know."
" Yeah, and what about the vanishing tattoo?"
Donatello said" And archangel healing itself."
Sam said" Another reflex."
Dean said" Or maybe he didn't want to be warded."
" Okay, look, yeah, Jack is on Lucifer's family tree. But we don't know if that DNA is stronger than Kelly's, or his connection with Cas."
" Oh, you mean the connection that got Cas killed?"
" I'm just saying, Jack doesn't have to be evil. We can teach him not to be."
Donatello said" The nature versus nurture conundrum." He placed his hands on their shoulders,
" Dude..."
" Oh. Speaking not as a prophet but as a scientist, I don't think teaching him is in the cards. It's like asking a lion not to be a lion."
" But this isn't a lion! This is a human!"
" With a strong dose of God juice."
Dean said" Okay. That's it. I'm done, alright? 'Cause he's not God, he's not Cas, he's not Simba. He's the friggin' Devil!" We turned around and he was gone,
I said" Jack?" I turned to Dean," Why, can't you learn to keep your mouth shut? If you haven't realized, Jack and me, we're practically the same! If you forgot, My mom knows Lucifer personally in hell! And I was supposed to be evil, remember? I'm abomination #1, Dean? Did you forget that? 'Cause I didn't, remember this?" I showed him the handprint burned into my skin," I was tortured by Lucifer, himself, and I'm not scared of Jack, so that should say something to you, because I know damn well, you and Sam remember my nightmares, because I kept you guys up half the night with 'em." I teleported to Jack and sat next to him, We didn't say a word to each other.
Then Sam came out, and found us,
Sam said" Jack? Hey, bud. We, uh, we've been looking for ya."
Jack said" I'm sorry. I... everyone was so angry."
" Yeah, and, um... I suppose you wanted to be away from it."
" And suddenly, I was."
" I'll tell you what. You got some special skills, Jack. That's for sure. We just need to make sure we get a grip on 'em, so... so you don't hurt anybody."
" Is that why Dean hates me?"
" Dean doesn't hate you. It... Look, sometimes the wires in Dean's head get crossed and- and he gets frustrated, and then he mixes frustration with anger, and- and- and fear."
" Why would he be afraid?"
I said" Because Dean feels like it's his job to protect everyone. And right now, we need to protect you. But we may also need to protect people from you."
" Maybe I'm not worth all this."
Sam said" Your mom thought you were. So did Cas. So do I and Hazel."

I woke up to Sam hitting my foot,
He said" Get up. Jack's gone." I got up instantly, I teleported into the impala, and closed my eyes. Searching everywhere for that confused nephilim. Then I felt the impala moving fast, but I didn't loose focus, I need to find him.
After a little while, I groaned in pain, something bad was happening, I yelped and held my head. Then the impala stopped, I levitated out of the impala and to my brothers,
Sam said" Jack! Hey! Stop."
Whatever said" Don't listen to them, Jack!"
Dean said" Holy crap!"
" Focus!"
Donatello said" That's not Donatello!"
" No, that's not Donatello!"
Dean said" Aw, screw this." Then he shot the poser and it turned into another man, his eyes glowed yellow. I whimpered,
I said" Jack, he's a demon!"
Demon said" Howdy, boys." then they started choking,
Jack said" No!" I grabbed Sam and Dean's shirts, I held up my hand and tried to block the power from them.
" Jack... they wanna stop you. Contain you. I can give you the world." I looked at Jack as my vision started to blur, I walked towards the demon,
" You're hurting my friends!" Then the demon went away, and they were released. I breathed out then looked back at my brothers, the pit had closed but I did not like the feeling of it.
I said" Jack, come'er, get away from that." Jack walked back to me, away from the gate to hell.

Once we got to the bunker, Dean still didn't trust Jack, I heard clanking and followed it.
Dean said" Oh, what the hell? Give me that. Look, A, this is not gonna do anything to you, okay? And B, you... what the hell?" I walked to the door, and stood by the wall, Jack was healed, even though I could sense he had tried to stab himself.
Jack said" Exactly. What the hell am I? I can't control... whatever this is. I will hurt someone."
" You know my brother and sister think you can be saved."
" You don't believe that."
" No, I don't. So... if you're right?"
" If I'm right... and it comes to killing you... I'll be the one to do it." Then he walked out, he's such an asshat, I went invisible and teleported back to my room.