Chapter 131

I heard Dean say" Hey, you know they make ghost pepper jerky?" I walked into the map room,
Sam said" Uh, you're not gonna like it."
" What are you talking about? I like all jerkies."
" Dude, ghost peppers are really hot."
" Ah, please."
I said" Dean, don't." Dean grabbed a piece of jerky and bit into it, starting to chew.
" Mm." He turned his head away from me and Sam, Sam and I looked at each other then to Dean.
Sam said" How is it?"
" It's good. It's really good. I like it. Good-Good flavor."
" Great."
Sam and I said" Uh, you should have another piece." We smiled,
" That's fine."
Sam said" Ooh, thank you. Water. You mind if I, uh..." Sam started opening it, Dean tapped the table, and held out his hand.
" I'm..."
" What?" He couldn't talk," Huh? You want- okay? Yeah. Sure." He tossed Dean the water, and Dean took a really long sip, then sighed.
" Mountain lion."
" What? I didn't really, uh, catch that. Will you say it again, please?" Dean took another long sip,
" The mountain lion, the case in Colorado with the moun- with the mountain lion."
I said" Wait. Say it one more time."
" The case in Colorado with the mountain lion and the three dead. Where are we with that one?"
Sam said" Uh... we are at five." Dean gagged a little,
" What?"
" We're up to five."
" Then what are we doing here?" Then he poured the bottle of water onto his face." Oh, sweet mother."
" Do you-"
" I'm gonna go get ready for-" He spit out the jerky, he got up and walked away.
I said" Is he gonna be okay?"
Sam said" Yeah, he'll be fine."
" He should have listened to us."
" Yeah."
" You know, he made me try hot sauce when I was four. So... kinda enjoyed that."
" Why did he- Never mind."
" I should go take him a glass of milk, that water made the burn worse."
" We probably shouldn't have let him drink the water."
" Probably not. But it was funny." I walked away from him," Dean! Drink milk, you idiot! Are you puking yet?" I heard Dean made a garbled sound, I laughed and walked to the kitchen, pouring a cup of milk. I walked to Dean's room and found him breathing heavily, gagging." Here, idiot. Milk, it helps soothe the burning." He took it down fast, I laughed loudly, smirking as he glared at me." You should have listened to us, so don't be glaring at me like that, you giant baby." I walked out," Now get ready."
——
We were at the sheriff's station,
Dean said" We're here."
Sam said" We going fed?"
" Nope." We got out of the car and went to the trunk, Dean opened it and pulled out a wildlife hat." Fish and wildlife."
" Fish and wildlife?"
" Yeah. Check these bad boys out." He gave Sam the ID,
" Hamill and Ford? Wow. That is a deep cut." I was smiling at the pictures Dean used,
" Look at you. You look like a baby."
" Me? Look at you."
" What? I look exactly the same." I scoffed, laughing," Like, nothing has changed. It's... nothing's changed."
" Yeah. Right." Sam walked away, I laughed,
" Haz... you... I-"
I said" Please just go... oh, brother." He walked away, I got back into the car, I laughed more.
——
They talked to the victim, got a name, and now we're at the address Sam found.
Sam said" Alright, so, Andy lives here with his brother, Josh."
Dean said" He a wolf, too?"
" One way to find out."
I said" I'll be invisible." I turned invisible as I focused my energy, They walked up to the door.
Dean said" Hi there."
The guy said" Yeah?"
" Agents Ford and Hamill, Fish and Wildlife."
" That's you." I covered my mouth quickly,
Sam said" Are you Andy?"
" No. Andy?" Another guy walked up,
Dean said" Hi there. You mind if we have a moment of your time?"
" Can we say no?"
Andy said" He's-He's joking. We just don't have a lot of visitors."
" Because we don't want visitors." I tilted my head, my eyes glowed,
Sam said" Right. Well, we'll be quick. Tell me- have you seen this woman?"
Andy said" I- never seen her."
Josh said" What does, uh, that have to do with Fish and Wildlife?"
Dean said" She was attacked three nights ago near here. Her friends were killed."
Sam said" She managed to get away."
Josh said" Paper said that was a mountain lion."
" Right, yeah, that's one of a few working theories."
Andy said" Uh, well, sometimes we go out in the woods at night. Maybe we could help. What exactly did you need?"
Dean said" You go out in the woods at night a lot?"
Josh said" We set rabbit traps at night. Haven't seen anything bigger than a raccoon for years."
Sam said" Alright, then. We'll get out of your hair. Just do me a favor. Do you mind, um, writing down your phone numbers so we can reach you for a follow up?" He stared at the pen, silver by the way,
" We don't have a phone. If you need us, we'll be here." He closed the door, I looked at Sam and Dean,
Dean said" Well, I say we just shoot them right now, you know?" Dean's phone rang," Ashley? No, no, no. No, no. We'll-We'll be right there." We left, I became visible as I got into the car, my brain fogged up for a second then stopped. Gotta figure out what's wrong with me, before it escalates and I probably die.
——
I teleported to the motel, Sam looked at me,
He said" Dean's with Ashley. She's scared."
I said" When are we gonna go kill?"
" Soon." We went to go grab some food," Your nose is bleeding, are you okay?" I wiped my nose, gulping,
" Totally okay. Guess I'm just a little tired."
" Yeah, okay."

We walked to the room Dean and Ashley were in, and Ashley was gone, Dean was asleep.
Sam said" Dean? Hey, Dean."
Dean said" Where is she?"
" D- I don't know. She was with you. Dean, I just went out for food. I got back, the door was open, she was gone, and-and you were sleeping. Dude, what the hell?"
" You- Come on!"

We got to the cabin,
Dean said" Yeah, no, look, I get why we're here, but there is no way those dumbasses took Ashley without me waking up. No way." Then we heard a scream, we ran to the door and knocked it open. We walking in with our guns ready, we saw Ashley gagged and tied to a chair." Okay. You're okay. You're alright. Okay."
She said" Thank you."
" Where are they? Where are they?"
" I-I don't know. They ran."
" Okay, okay, okay, let's go. Come on."
Sam said" Go. Go on." We walked out of there, and then we were jumped, I grabbed Ashley and pushed her against the wall. My eyes glowed as my brothers got attacked, I watched the movements, just in case I needed to step in.
Then Andy shot his brother, Ashley screamed, Andy pointed the gun at Sam again.
Sam said" Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa. No, no. Hey. Hey. You don't have to do this. Alright? You don't want to do this."
Andy said" He... He was my brother, and he promised, but he was never gonna stop. And he turned into a monster. And I'm a monster, too." Then he shot himself,
" You-You good?"
Dean said" Yeah. Yeah, that was- that was weird." Ashley walked forward, Dean grabbed her," Hey, hey, you okay?"
She said" Don't touch me!" Then fell back and spiked herself onto deer antlers." Well, this is a bitch." My eyes glowed, she stood up," And I was doing so well, too." She pulled the antlers from herself,
Sam said" What are you?"
" Aw, Sam. You don't remember little ol' me?" I teleported to in front of my brothers, her eyes were white.
Dean said" Lilith?"
Sam said" No. You're dead."
" Was dead. Yeah. In the empty, sleeping the big sleep, until the boss brought me back."
" The boss? Lucifer?"
" God. I was supposed to get rescued, and in a moment of sweet relief, seduce Dean, blah, blah, blah. Obviously, that's not happening... now? So... oh, well."
" So, Chuck sent you to kill us?"
" No. I wish. That's not how this story goes."
Dean said" Story?"
" Come on. You know how he is. All this? Personally, I thought the whole thing was kind of... easy... stupid? But I batted my eyes, and I put Dean to sleep. Made sure you guys saw those two mutts go all murder-suicide. So, yeah."
I said" Alright, if you're not here to kill us, then what do you want?"
" The magic gun. The one he gave you."
Dean said" The Equalizer."
" I'm not calling it that. Just give me the gun, and we'll be done."
" If God wants his little toy back, he can come get it himself."
" Oh. Okay. We're gonna do this the hard way. I love the hard way." Sam pulled out the demon blade," Demon blade." Dean pulled out an angel blade," Angel blade. You upgraded."
" Lady, you have no idea." We advanced, she raised her arm, I was flung back, I hit the wall, everything went black.

I woke up to someone shaking my shoulder, I gasped, sitting up, I saw Sam. He grabbed my hands and pulled me up, I wobbled but got my balance.
I said" Where's Dean and Lilith?" He looked at me," Let's go."

We got to the motel, Sam went in and shot Lilith with a devil's trap bullet,
She said" What?!"
Sam said" Devil's trap bullet. We upgraded. Dean, you good?"
Dean said" Nothing that a box of bandaids can't fix."
" Where's Chuck?"
She said" Why would I ever tell you anything?"
" Because I've killed you before... and I can do it again."
" See, you keep saying that, but you killed me because I let you. Now I'm feeling less generous." Her eyes turned white, everything started shaking,
Dean said" Let's move." We got out of there,
Sam said" Wait!"
" That shot ain't gonna hold her forever, man. We got to get." Then I couldn't move,
" Dean, I can't move."
" Oh, crap."
Lilith said" Sucks, doesn't it?"
" You're never getting that gun."
" Sure, I am. See, you boys left that room so fast you had no time to grab anything. So the gun was never there. Would you really take something like that home? I mean, what if you needed it, hmm? So it's not in the room... and it's not in the bunker." She walked towards the impala,
Sam whispered" No, no, no, no, no, no, please." Don't, don't! Then she opened the glove compartment, dammit!
" Oh, well, this was fun."
Sam said" You know what? Go ahead and take it. We'll get it back."
" Will you?" She melted it," Thank you, boys. See you soon." We were let go, I closed my eyes, dammit! Dammit! Dammit!
——
We got to the bunker, I teleported to my room, I locked my door, I laid down and sliced my arms. My eyes glowed then turned black, I closed my eyes. Come on. Come on. Come on! I opened my eyes again and I was still in the bunker, dammit! I healed my arms and sat up, huffing, maybe I can still get in contact with Jack, maybe there's a way... somehow. I mean, we were connected... before he was even born! There still has to be a sliver of a tether between us, and I just have to find it before I get too weak! Right?