Chapter 111

I saw Sam's face, I smirked, he sighed, nodding his head,
I said" Did the chipmunk living on your face move for the season?" I laughed," Uh... I hated it, I'm so happy it's gone. It looked terrible on your pretty face, well... as pretty as the ugliest thing I've always seen."
He said" Done yet?"
" Maybe."

Sam and I walked into Dean's room,
Sam said" Yo. Hey."
Dean mumbled" What?"
" Uh, what you doing?"
He said" Horror marathon on Shocker. Just made my way through the Halloweens and now I'm about to- Oh, wow."
" What?" Dean rubbed the side of his face," Oh, yes, I shaved."
" I mean, it's so smooth. It's like a... dolphin's belly."
" Yeah, yeah." I sat on the bed next to Dean, Sam pulled the chair," Hey, um... I wanted to check up on you. You doing okay? I mean, y-you haven't really come out of your room in almost a week."
" Well, since when is okay a part of this job, huh? Yeah, Cas, is, you know, showing Jack the ropes and Dark Kai and her spear are in the wind and we have no clue where Michael is or what he's up to. And, not that I'm complaining, but... the house is full of strangers, so..."
" So your plan is to just lay in here, watching Hatchet Man movies, seriously?"
" All Saints' Day is a classic."
" Oh, is it?"
" What do you care? You don't even like scary movies."
" Well, yeah, Dean, our life is a scary movie."
" Exactly."
" All right, well, I hate to disturb your marathon, but I think I found us a case."
" More Michael monsters?"
" No. Killer toy." He put the tablet down for Dean's viewing,
" What kind of toy?" Sam played the video, I grabbed a slice of pizza,
The guy said" And then the thing freakin' jumped me! I mean, it wouldn't stop! It was just over and over. Just..." He made some weird ass noise," Panthro kicked my ass."
" ThunderCats? Seriously?" That peaked Dean's interest, I stood up, walking to the door.
Sam said" Yeah. But, I mean, you got your pizza, at least eight more of these movies, so I'll just leave you to it, and I'll get one of the other guys to-"
" Oh, hell no." He turned the tv off, rolling out of bed," Hell no. No. Panthro is mine."
I said" What's a Panthro?"
" And you're not coming."
" Simple-"
" Not hearing it." He walked faster, I flailed my arms,
Sam said" Tv show. You were into anything colorful and fluffy, not your show."
" Thanks!" I walked away from them, then ran to catch up with Dean, I slapped him on the back of the head before running off again.

Sam called,
I said" How excited was Dean?"
Sam said" Unnecessarily excited."
" Amazing." I closed my eyes, imagining them in the impala, the backseat.
I opened my eyes and I was in the impala,
Dean said" Thanks, man."
Sam said" Hmm?"
" You, uh... You got me out here 'cause you needed to get me out of my funk and get me a win, and you did. So... thanks."
" I got to admit it didnt go exactly like I thought it would."
" Hey, man. I just went toe to toe with David freakin' Yaeger. That was awesome."
" Yeah, it wasnt really-"
" Don't ruin this for me." I shook my head, leaning up,
" Hey, Dean... when we get back to the bunker, man, you got to stop hiding out in your room."
" I'm not hiding out."
" And I get why you're doing it. I-I do. But... what happened with Michael... you said yes for us, for Jack, for your family. You did the right thing. What happened after, just because Michael was wearing your face, doesn't mean any of this is on you. I don't blame you. No one blames you. You got to try and stop blaming yourself, please."
" I'm never gonna get over it, okay? I'm just not. But you're right- I'm not doing anybody any good by just staying cooped up in my room, so... whatever you need, I'm there. All right, chief?" His watch beeped, Halloween's over," All right. Well, that is it. Halloween is officially over."
" Good."
" Okay, seriously, why? Why do you hate Halloween? What is it? Was it the time that I-I ate all your halloween candy?"
" No."
" Was it something dad did?"
" No, dude, you don't want to know."
Dean and I said" No, I really do. Really." Sam looked at us," What?"
" All right. Remember Andrea Howell?"
Dean said" No."
" When I was in 6th grade, we were living in Bismark. I had a huge crush on her."
" Aww, that's adorable." Sam gave him that look," Continue."
" So, she invited me to her Halloween party. I said yes, and I-I went over, and at first, everything was great, um... and then we started to play games."
" Spin the bottle?"
" B-Bobbing for apples." I squinted my eyes a bit, looking at him," Like I said, I had a crush, so the entire night, my stomach was in knots, and when it was my turn, I-I bent down, and..."
Dean and I said" No."
" Hurled." We gagged," Everywhere. Lunch, dinner, it all came up- on Andrea, mostly. Uh, people ran and screamed, and it was so bad."
" That's great."
" I ended up hiding out in the woods until you finally came and got me."
Dean said" So that's why you hate Halloween."
" Yeah."
" Oh, come on, man. You got to get over that. That's- I mean... all right. This is what we're gonna do. Next year, we're doing Halloween right, okay? I'm thinking matching outfits like, uh... batman and robin, harley quinn back there..." I shook my head quickly,
" No."
" Bert and Ernie. Elmo, back there." I shook my head again,
" No."
" That's weird."
" Yes."
" Uh... Rocky and Bullwinkle."
" Dean..."
" Shaggy and Scooby. Velma, back there."
" Why would we..."
" Turner and Hooch." Sam and I scoffed," Ren and Stimpy."
" Come on, now."
" Thelma and Louise."
" Thelma and-"
" We just put it in drive and go."
I said" I will pay you to shut up! Name your damn price!"
Sam said" You can leave, I can't."
" Oh, yeah! See you at the bunker!" I kissed his cheek then Dean's, before focusing on the bunker.

I appeared in my room, I laid down, Jack walked in, he laid down next to me.
I said" Gonna tell the truth now?"
He said" I don't know what's wrong with me, that's the truth."
" Okay, anything else?" He shook his head, my eyes closed,
" You went to Sam and Dean? And back?"
" Shut up."
" You're not supposed to-"
" Jack, tiger, I've got Sam and Cas up my butt about that, I don't need the only one I've yet to try and kill telling me what to do."
" You tried to 'kill' me, when we were there, I was trying to leave you at the base."
" Ah, very true. Then my favorite trying to boss me around."
" Okay, Hazel." I drifted off,

I pushed Jack against the tree, pinning him,
I said" You're not leaving me behind, okay?! Not happening!"
He said" You need time to heal."
" And you're gonna need time to heal because I'm gonna kick your ass!" He stared at me," Okay, we don't leave each other behind, that's our number one rule, okay? No leaving each other behind. Deal?"
" Deal." I wobbled, he caught me, looking at me,
" Shut up, Jack." He smiled," Come on, we've got some angels to kill, and I'm gonna kill them because you're in training."
" I am stronger-"
" Blah, blah, blah, in training, tiger. Let's go. What's our number one rule?"
" We don't leave each other behind."
" Good job, you're learning fast."