Kissing In Your Sleep

"Want to kiss Wei Ying..." Lan Zhan murmured sleepily, gazing up at his husband, his eyes caressing his husband's face. The way the shadows framed his face, the way his inky black hair fanned out beneath him, messy and mussed up. The way his lips were parted, red and enticing....
Wei Ying woke up to hot breath on his face. Eh? Lan Zhan? What the... Thoughts of his nightmare could wait.
"Want to kiss Wei Ying..." 
Wei Wuxian smiled to himself. Ah, his  husband can't stand being parted from him, can he? Still, he played along, and quickly schooled his features, pretending to be asleep.
"Wei Ying..." he whispered his name like a prayer. Gentle and loving, as he was only next to Wei Ying. His fingers made their way through Wei Ying's hair, playing with his long and silky locks. Mnnn. Wei Ying almost moaned in pleasure.
"Love Wei Ying... Never letting go... Wei Ying's back...." This time, a smile played on Wei Ying's lips, and without warning, he crashed his lips onto Lan Zhan's. Lan Zhan's eyes widened in surprise, and he tensed for a moment, only to lose himself completely in his beloved's embrace, kissing him back fiercely. His arm snaked around Wei Ying's slender waist, the other around his neck, tugging at his robes. A plea, an invitation. Wei Ying shook his head slightly. No. He wouldn't deny his husband anything, but his back was still aching from last night. Not now. Understanding, his husband's hands shifted, this time, over his robes. Warm, gentle hands shifted over their bodies, their robes, exploring, caressing.  Nothing sexual. Just a reminder. I'm here. I need you. I want you here with me. Stay with me.
Finally, both their hands came to a rest. Instinctively, both raised one hand up in surrender, the resting on the other's chest.
Gasping for breath, Lan Zhan was the first to break the kiss.
"Wei Ying.." his voice was ethereal, guttural, and it reminded Wei Ying of the lotuses in Lotus Pier, the cherry blossoms wavering in the wind, and he felt warm. He felt safe. He was safe. He was with Lan Zhan, and Lan Zhan kept him safe. Lan Zhan kept him warm. Lan Zhan was home.
So that's what it was.

Wei Ying's dream-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"师姐?你为什么会在这?" Wei Wuxian's eyes widened, taking in the woman standing in front of him. She was familiar, lithe and graceful. Her chestnut eyes were full of open love and concern.  She chuckled at his silliness. 

"阿羡, 你忘了吗? 我明天就结婚了。" she smiled widely, stepping forward to pull her foolish little brother into her warm embrace. He breathed in her familiar scent, she smiled of lotuses and faintly...Jasmine? Must be Jin Zixuan's influence. Thinking of the peacock, he shook his head slightly, but continued burying his face in her. Shijie. He'd missed her so much these past few months, missed her warm hugs, her sweet smiles, her gentle rebukes, her lotus-and-pork ribs-soup. Missed her everything. Nothing felt the same without her, but he'd managed. Like how he did with Lan Zhan. But Lan Zhan had come here. 

"Shijie... I missed you so much! Nothing was the same without you..." Wei Wuxian pouted, casting his eyes down wards, before looking back up at her with puppy eyes. Shijie chuckled, warmly, loosening her hold on Wei Wuxian. 

"阿羡几岁了?"

"阿羡三岁了!" Jiang Yanli shook her head, smiling at her brother. How he'd changed. She took in every inch of him, checking him from injuries. Her A-Xian... He'd slimmed down. And not in a good way. His robes hung about him, and his face looked gaunt.  She frowned worriedly.

"A-Xian... Are you eating enough? You're all skin and bones now. " Jiang Yanli  held his chin, forcing him to look at him. Her eyes were filled with concern, and sought her baby brother's. 

"Ah... Shijie, don't worry too much, I don't want you going to your wedding with creases of worry all over your face. I've been eating, don't worry, " Wei Ying flashed a grin, showing off his bunny teeth, and continued, "It's Jiang Cheng you should be worried about anyway, he's Clan Leader now. I bet he'll become an old man now..." At this,  an aggravated Jiang Cheng showed up, aiming for his shoulder. 

Their features melted in an instant, and Wei Ying felt something cold and limp in his arms. He blinked, looking down, dread feeling his senses. He knew what he'd see.  Then.

-End of Flashback-

"Wei Ying." Lan Zhan called again, breaking Wei Ying out of his reverie. I'm safe, he reminded himself. He sighed, seeking out Lan Zhan, his Lan Zhan's eyes. Steady, golden eyes stared back at him like molten gold, reassuring him, comforting him.  

"Lan Zhan," he breathed, not quite trusting himself. The other man understood, though, and whispered "I'm not leaving. I'm here, I'm with you. I love you, I'm staying. Now and forever. Even if death do us part. Now and forever. " 

The words were an oath. His Oath.  Wei Ying let out a breath he didn't know he was holding, and bared his heart to the man standing across him. He lightly pressed upon the other's chest, feeling his heart beating under his touch.  His love. 

"I swear never to leave you,  to entreat you with my love, I swear to stand by you like an oak, even in the darkest of times, to love you the best I can, I gift you myself, each and every part of me. Yours to love, yours to keep, till death do us part. But I swear to love you even then, when time flies and age passes, when beauty fades and withers. I will love you even then, love you even more, for infinity, for eternity. For with this oath, I am yours, and you are mine. Never apart, never leaving. Always loving. Mine. And I'm yours. Now and Forever. " tears wormed their way down their cheeks, and they looked tenderly at each other. Now and forever. 

"You are mine to keep. Mine to cherish. With this hand, with this oath, I swear to be bound to you to the end of my days. Never to love another, look at another, the way I look at you, the way I love you. I promise you all of me, good or bad, kind or evil. I promise to love you, with every cell, every atom of my being. And nothing can keep us apart. If death brings us apart, I'll raise hell and beg heaven, and I'll find a way to bring you back. I gift you my very being, my entire self, my entire love. Yours to command, yours to embrace. I swear to be there, be it dark or light, be it dusk or dawn. Always there. Never leaving. Now and Forever."  It was done. The normally stoic man opened his arms, and the smaller man crashed into them. He savored his warmth, and he loved his presence.  They both did. With every fiber of their being, they loved each other, yearned for each other, and nothing in this world, in any universe, any world could change that. It wasn't that they couldn't live without each other, but it was that they couldn't even fathom the idea of being apart. No. They needed each other, wanted each other, and they stayed together. Wherever one went, the other followed. That was simply the way it was. They breathed and lived each other, One couldn't function without the other.  They loved each other.  

Now and forever.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------A/N: Okay, I'm sorry to have to end this lovefest, but I have to. This is honestly, much, much longer than I first thought it'd be. And some of you would've noticed something. I was thinking of 'Always and Forever' when I first wrote the 'Now and Forever', but it reminded me of someone else's work, and I didn't like that idea, as well as the odd fit to my idea of Wangxian's love. I chose 'now and forever', not 'always and forever' because of one thing. 'Always and Forever' means that 'I'll love you all the time' which is true, but their love is deeper than that to me, it's not just all the time, it is all-consuming, and fierce. It is riddled with some obstacles that both parties bring into their relationship, Wei Ying with his past as Yiling Laozu and those he'd lost, Lan Zhan with his lack of motherly and fatherly love, lack of childhood, and his fear of losing Wei Ying again. I want them to heal, to take their time, slowly, so I chose something else. 'Now and Forever' means that 'I love you in the present, I'm with you, I'll love you for all eternity, for the rest of this life and the next.' Something I think both of them need. Now. In the present. To take them away from the past, from the uncertain future. Now. Not Always. Forever. So that they're always present.