PROLOGUE (Mr Forgettable) [Mizpah Asylum]

"hello, hello, are you lonely?" A tiny voice tapped against the glass, as Wei Wuxian sat in his cell. Dampness sank into his bones, the faint smell of mildew blurring his senses. What do they want this time, he wondered, the aching in his bones numbing his mind as he thought, like gears that had been brought to a crashing halt. Without knowing why, he responded. "I'm sorry, it's just the chemicals."

He didn't seem to notice the presence behind the glass door, wrought in steel and iron. Gold eyes looked at him keenly, almost curiously. A pale, frigid face stared back at him, hair falling in onyx waterfalls around him.

"Hello, hello, do you know me?" The voice echoed in the yearning abyss in Wei Ying's mind, a wisp of the voices that once roamed, once talked, freely. And not just in his mind. His head felt like it had been split open, the fluting voices in his mind hammering against the surface of his skull. He flinched away from the voice, cowering as he heard worried footsteps move close.

"I'm called Mr Forgettable," he whispered out, the harsh sussuration of his voice reminding the other of the notes of a flute, gentle and winding, yet harsh and jarring. The war in Wei Wuxian's head pounded on, his courage a torch in the wind, trying to resist the drafts that threatened to put him out. The stranger's head tilted to the side hearing that, his pale and thin hands falling to the sides. They were covered in scars, in white and red scabs, not unlike Wei Ying's own, but there was something that thrummed beneath them, just beyond his grasp.

"Mr Forgettable?" The voice was soft, almost soothing, like the bark of sandalwood on rainy day.

Silver eyes flinched shut with pain, and Wei Wuxian curled up further into himself, nodding in agreement. "Mr Forgettable,"

------
A/N: this is based on the song, Mr Forgettable....it's one of the little slips I wrote for fun, and part of a mental Asylum AU I'm planning...

I'm still on a slight break from writing so...It's likely half of these will be short slips for now, until I can find it in myself to write them out in full...

Tell me what you think about this!❤️