Nie Mingjue's Resentment( Drunk Lan Zhan 6)

Wei Wuxian could only watch with widened eyes as Jin Guangyao recklessly threw himself in front of the corpse. Sensing his presence, Nie Mingjue made a few swipes at him, only missing by inches. The corpse's moves were heavy and energy packed, and would have knocked Jin Guangyao off his feet. The dishevelled man was taking deep, heavy breaths now, and was clearly terrified. A melody played from his lips, and the dirt, grubby, callused hand of Nie Mingjue's paused mid-air, and the corpse snapped its attention away from its current master, drawing its attention to Wei Wuxian. Fuck. Briefly meeting his soulmate's eyes, he nodded, and raised his flute to his lips. A youthful tune with a dark undertone rose and fell between his fingers, binding the horrific remains of the once great Chifeng-Zun in place. The corpse lurched forward in protest, while Lianfang-Zun's whistling got louder. Until....

." Mnnn....mnnnn....mnnnn!" Jin Guangyao's face scrunched up in frustration, struggling to break the infamous Silencing Spell. Were the situation not as severe, Wei Wuxian would have stopped playing, and burst out in laughter. After all, who wouldn't, having been silenced by that spell countless times, only to find it used on someone else. Honestly though, there was more to that. But the situation at hand demanded his attention. He continued playing.

His soulmate took a seat and started playing. Wei Ying found his eyes drawn to the guqin, but wrenched his eyes away to focus on Jin Guangyao, who was still struggling with his lack of voice, and looked ready to throw a dagger at Wei Ying. When he was about to let the dagger loose, a sharp voice rang out, interrupting them all.

"Uncle Meng! What are you doing? And why is he here?" A sharp, sonorous voice rang out. It was clearly masculine, but echoed that of a young mistress's. If Wei Wuxian was mildly shocked earlier, this was a new level of, "What kind of gods-awful timing is this?"

--------------------------------------

Lan Xichen breathed sharply. He'd only watched in sheer horror as he saw Wangji's strings glow and shudder in response to his brother's questions. This was the final blow. He'd suspected what Meng Yao did before, but having his fears confirmed, he could only sit like a mere stranger in his own mind, and watched as the rest of his mind collapsed. '我的感情是非笔墨所形容得 。'

My feelings are indescribable.

All that time? He'd been fooled this whole time? Was the man he'd regarded as his sworn brother even real? Had he ever truly cared? The questions rang on endlessly in his head as he concentrated on the jagged, concrete floor, wrestling control of his tears. But those words had echoed in his head long enough these few days, and he found himself increasingly conflicted. He could sense small amounts of affection his 'sworn brother' had for him. But the things he'd done...This was too heavy a burden for him to carry. Lan Huan had once thought the most painful thing he'd gone through was his parent's death. Was his family leaving, one by one. Even if he'd never admit it, his heart knew that Wangji had left him. Once. He'd been lonely most of his life, and in his sworn brothers, he'd found comfort. There, he no longer felt alone. Yes, some could argue he had Wangji, but Wangji was never his to begin with. Yes, he knew his brother loved him, but he found something lacking. Lan Qiren... he smiled bitterly, was more in love with his rules than his nephews himself. Lan Huan knew he was being bitter, but truthfully, could anyone blame him?

"相信我。 活。 谢谢你,别怪自己,再见。" the words of his true sworn brother echoed through his head, but something broke his reverie. Young Master Jin.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------A/N: Alright, let's take a break here. Let's clarify some things. No, I'm not sticking to to the exact plot at Guanyin Temple, I'm going to be twisting some things. Jin Ling doesn't appear until this chapter, for one, is a change. Other than that, for now there isn't much change. I just want to breathe life into Zewu-Jun and the rest of the characters, so this will be a test for me, playing with different Point-of-views. Hope you enjoyed reading this as much as I enjoyed writing it, thank you for reading!