happier than ever

This is inspired by a DnF story on ao3, but it's different, I promise- here's the work:
https://archiveofourown.org/works/34676839

Summary: Jiang Cheng is an alcoholic, while Wei Wuxian got into an accident two years ago and they're living together. Wei Wuxian has to help him, but he's close enough to snapping.

Sunkenly, Jiang Wanyin looped through the door, a mess of purple robes and missed hair. Wei Wuxian didn't have to look up to know his brother was full of lipstick marks, eyes probably too sore and too swollen to open.

"Welcome...back..." he slurred, walking lopsidedly as his head stung, almost as if it had been bashed in. That sent worry running through Wei Wuxian, as well as an innate frustration that left him sighing.

"What did you do this time, Jiang Cheng?" He asked petulantly, concerned, though there were slight undercurrents running through his voice, frustration directed at his brother. "I...did...nothing." The words swirled around in Wanyin's mouth like foamy alcohol, like a bitter joke against the coolness of the world.

Right. Nothing. Wei Wuxian continued sighing, running his fingers through his hair exasperatedly. He wheeled forward in his wheelchair, going forth to survey the true disaster his brother brought to his doorsteps. His brother's purple shirt was ripped, somewhat unbuttoned. His hair was messed up, his man-bun coming undone. The smell of alcohol clung onto him the same way the smell of sandalwood clung onto Lan Wangji, onto Wei Wuxian's own clothes, sickly sweet and tempting, but also revolting. The smell of it sent acid churning in his stomach up his oesophagus, and his stomach lurched at what he was going to do next. "Wanyin, go take a shower. " His voice was cold and authoritative, nothing like the one he used on him years ago, before.

"I don't want to.." he slurred, throwing his head back as he did that, perspiration running down his neck in trickles. "I don't need to."

Wei Wuxian continued sighing exasperatedly, and worry filled his eyes. It was days like this he hated the most, and knowing his brother was almost fully drunk terrified him in ways he couldn't comprehend. It was days like this, Jiang Cheng was the most unpredictable, when he could be unfailingly sweet, but was more often than not, nasty. Leaving Wei Wuxian to clean up after his mess, even with his wasted pair of legs. It was almost ironic, how only a few years ago it was Jiang Cheng promising him that he would take care of him. He could almost remember the older's earnest eyes now the tears that filled them when he said them, looking at the state the accident had left him in. How had things come to this?

"Go to bathe, Jiang Cheng. You need to." He struggled to keep his voice level, but the disappointment in his features was evident in his face.

His brother simply chuckled, choking on his laughter. He cocked his head to the side, mouth open and loose. His lips were dried and chapped, and the smell of alcohol filled the air again. It sickened Wei Ying, and he could feel vomit building up in his throat, the fear in his veins running like adrenaline. "No, I don't. What's wrong with you today?"

Wei Wuxian could barely make out his words now and his words seemed to blur together. "Go and bathe."

"No."
"Jiang Cheng."
"No."
"What's wrong with you, anyway? It's as if I did something wrong. "

This time, Wei Wuxian was the one who chuckled, laughing so hard his head rolled backwards. You did something wrong? As if you'd ever do that.

"What is it?" Tears welled up in Wei Wuxian's eyes, and he shook his head at his brother. I can't tell you. Not if I value my life. The bruises littering his arms were a testament to that, as well as the few scars he sported on his face. Most of them had faded into thin white lines now, safe for the red gash on his forehead.
"TELL ME! " Jiang Cheng shouted, infuriated. There it was, again. But Wei Wuxian had enough. "You really want to know? " He asked expectantly, locking gazes with his brother.