15

"Ivan-"

He sits down across from her. He wears a black suit. His hair was combed back with just a few pieces down his face. He smacks his lips as he cracks his knuckles.

"You're on a date?"

Mila crosses her arms. "No, but even if I were it's not your business."

"I asked a question, don't give me that fucking attitude right now. Especially in public."

Mila rolls her eyes.

"That's not your seat so I suggest you go back where you were."

"You're so immature."

Suddenly her eyes snap at him. She grits her teeth together as a frown makes its way to her lips. She uncross her arms and glared at Ivan who was just sitting there unfazed.

"I'm immature?"

"When you get mad at what I supposedly did, you decide to yell or give me attitude. You don't talk to me and let us fix whatever the fuck is wrong with you. You piss me off and give me the silent treatment. All because you can't act like your age and tell me what's wrong."

"You think you're any better? Where's all this mature bullshit at when you yell back? When you let your rage out and almost knock down my fucking door? You're pathetic Ivan."

Ivan's jaw clenched as he gently places his fists on the table. His knuckles turned white as he return Mila's glare.

"If I'm pathetic then you're-"

"No. We are not going to change the subject which is about you. You're an annoying, irritating, anger issues freak that can't even control his temper. And to top it off you think you can just sit there and act like you didn't do anything? You're not the fucking victim Ivan so stop acting like one."

Ivan scoffed looking away from Mila.

"You tell me you miss me, you want to take me on a date, all this happy fake sappy shit just to go to some club and be with some bitch. And then you come to my house when you probably fucked her and smile in my face and try to kiss me? Are you fucking serious?"

"I didn't-"

"If you fucking lie to me, I swear I'm going to kick you in your balls." Mila threatens.

Ivan turns to her and runs his fingers through his hair. Their heated conversation catches a few people's attention as they glance toward them.

"I didn't fuck her Mila. I just did it so my boss can leave me the fuck alone."

"So if your boss tells you to jump off the Empire State Building are you going to do it? Like I said you're fucking pathetic."

Ivan flips the table over. Mila flinches as Ivan stands up and glares at her. People around them gasp loudly looking over at them.

"I did what I had to do so I can see you the next day, alive. So I'm fucking sorry Mila that I fucking care about your stupid, ungrateful ass!" He shouts before turning around. He walks down the stairs as eyes follow him.

He storms out of the restaurant leaving Mila alone. She bites her bottom lip as she runs her fingers through her hair. Nicholas came back and look at the fall table questionably.

"What the"

"Can you take me home please?"

Mila lay on the couch with a bowl of vanilla ice cream. Kate rubs her back as they finish watching the romance comedy movie. Mila places the bowl of her ice cream on the coffee table.

"Is this about Ivan?" Kate asks her.

Mila sits up and just sighs loudly.

"I don't know what to do anymore." Mila whisper.

"Did you two fall out?"

"Yeah. I'm just annoyed. Dating is so annoying." Mila whine.

"You should have fun more. When you date you shouldn't invest all that time and energy into one person. You should explore your options."

"I'm turning twenty-four Kate. I'm not getting any younger and I just want to settle down."

"I guess. Well, do you want to settle down with him?"

"I don't think he's the guy I would want to settle down with. This is the second time we fought. And we're not even together."

"Oh, the toxicity. I bet the sex is amazing."

"I don't know."

"Mila don't tell me you're doing that ninety days bullshit."

Mila laughed hitting Kate with the couch pillow.

"Anyways, I don't want to talk about him. Just be a good friend and tell me how many guys would love to be with me." Mila dramatically says laying on Kate's lap.

"Mila there are thousands of guys that would love to be with you."

The two laugh as the movie turns off.