17

"I'll call you later," Mila says against Ivan's lips.

Ivan just nods before pecking her lips. He throws on his pants from her floor and slips on his shoes.

"Are you sure you don't want me to drop you off?" Ivan asks.

Mila nods zipping up her coat. She was just going over to Kate's house. Nothing rarely happens when she walks there. Ivan sigh pressing his lips onto her forehead. She smiles looking up at him.

"I'm dropping you off." He tells her.

Mila groans as Ivan put on his coat. Not zipping it up, he grabs his keys and walks out of the room. Mila follows behind him as the two leave her apartment.

Mila handed Kate her birthday present. Kate fake gasped as she places her hand over her heart.

"You shouldn't have."

"Just open it." Mila laughs petting Kate's dog.

Kate open unwrap the box. Dropping the ripped wrapper on her floor, Kate open the plain white box. When she does she tilt her head before gasping loudly. She takes out the ticket and gapes at Mila.

"Mila tell me this is a joke."

Mila laughs shaking her head. Kate squeals dropping the box. She runs to Mila before jumping on her. She places kisses all over Mila's face making Mila playfully groan. Kate's dog jumps off the bed and leaves out the room.

"I love you so much!" Kate says sitting down beside her.

"I feel so appreciated." Mila chuckles.

"Okay but seriously, and I mean this with no disrespect but with our paycheck, how did you afford this first-class plane ticket?"

"Oh no, you're right. I couldn't afford it at all. I was about to give you this necklace but Ivan said that he can take care of it. Also, he booked a hotel for you, the presidential suite, and the meals are on him unless you plan on going out to eat. And he purchases you a chauffeur to drive you around for the four days."

"Can we share your boyfriend?"

Mila burst out laughing hitting her arm.

"I'll tell him that you said thank you."

"I have to go buy several bikinis. I never went to Hawaii before. Four days in complete bliss. It's just for four days?"

"Technically, it's for five days, four nights. You leave during the week of Christmas."

"I have never been this happier before in my life. Bitch we need to go to the stores now." Kate says grabbing her coat.

Mila sighed as she falls back on the bed.

"But it's so warm in here."

"Get your ass up!" Kate shout leaving the room.

Mila huff as she holds her bags of clothes. While she was out shopping with Kate she decided to spend a little bit on herself. Mila notice a hooded figure leaning on the wall beside her door. She recognizes the leather boots and sighs out of relief.

"Ivan you need to wear something a little less... creepy. Also, it's cold as hell outside. Cover up." Mila tells him.

She drops the bags to the ground and pulls her keys out from her pockets. She unlocks her door and grabs her bags. Walking in she just drops the bag and her keys on the couch while Ivan walks in. Mila turns on the switch to lights and notices Ivan walking with a limp.

Mila slowly walks to him and pulls off his hood. Her eyes widen in pure shock. Ivan leans on the wall groaning softly. His eyes blacken, and a bruise on the right side of his face was just going to get worse.

"Ivan, what happened?" She asks reaching for his bruise cheek.

He licks his lips.

"What always happens to me." He chuckles softly.

Mila grabs his hand and walks them to her bedroom. She turns on the lights in her room and sits Ivan down. He sits down slowly, wincing at the pain. Mila lifts his hoodie, and more black bruises cover his skin.

She frowns as she kneels. She hugs him gently. Ivan winces but lets his arms wrap around her body.

"Ivan, you need to go to the hospital." She whispers.

Ivan pull away and lay down on her bed. He kicks off his shoes and shakes his head.

"I'm fine Mila."

"Who hurt you?"

"Mila, stop asking questions and lay down beside me."

Mila bites her lip as she takes off her shoes. Taking her clothes off one by one until she is left with just her underwear and bra on. She climb onto the bed and lay beside him. He put the comforter over her body and take off his hoodie carefully.

He takes off his pants and is left with his boxers. His arms wrap around Mila's body. Feeling her warmth. Mila grabs his hands and look down at his bruised knuckles.

"Is this going to happen all the time?" Mila ask.

Ivan places a kiss on her shoulder. He doesn't answer her. They just lay there in silence until they fall asleep.