7

"I think you're confusing me with you." Kate states.

Mila laughs throwing her couch pillow at her. Kate laughs catching it. Mila grabs her wine glass and drinks the rest of her wine. Kate place the pillow on her lap and sigh.

"So what guy you've been seeing?" Kate asks.

Mila shakes her head.

"I'm not seeing anyone? I'm barely meeting any interested guys."

"Sure, where did you get the hoodie?"

Mila looks down. She was currently wearing Ivan's hoodie that he left over at her place. It wasn't like he was coming back any time to get it anyways. He texted her, she wondered how he even found her phone number in the first place.

Nonetheless, she knew exactly who it was. Telling her that he will be out of state for a few days. Maximum of four days. She didn't mind it. She thinks it was nice to get distant. Take a break from the tattooed man.

Mila looks back up at Kate and smiled.

"A store."

"Mila, I can smell the cologne from over here. Just spill before I lose my mind." Kate whines.

Mila playfully groans.

"Fine. He's some guy I met a few days ago. Nothing's going on with us though. Honestly, I don't know what we are but we're kinda like friends."

"What does he look like?"

"Well for starters he's white-"

Kate dramatically gasps making Mila burst out laughing. Kate scoots closer shaking her head.

"Is he like England white or like Italy white? You know spicy white."

"I'm pretty sure he's full-blood American. Anyways, he has tattoos like a lot of them and blue eyes and dark brown hair."

"Handsome?" Kate asks wiggling her eyebrows.

"He's alright." Mila shrugs her shoulders.

Kate gasped once again.

"You liar! He must be hot as hell."

"I think I might have just one picture." Mila smiles grabbing her phone from the nightstand.

She remembers trying to take a picture with him. He didn't seem fazed by the camera secretly pointing at him. He didn't care actually. He just look at her and ignored her.

Mila swipes through her pictures until she finds the three pictures of him on her phone. She had one of them as his contact picture under the name Bugger. She hands Kate the picture and tells her to swipe right to see the other two.

Kate grabs the phone and looks down. Her mouth opens slightly as she zooms in on the picture.

"Bitch he could be a fucking model. And you're just friends with him?" She asks surprised.

"I guess."

"You're so lucky." Kate sighs passing Mila's phone back to her.

Mila shakes her head as she put her phone back on the coffee table. She takes this time to pour herself more wine.

"Anyways, what about you? Are you seeing any guys?"

"At this point, I'm about to date a woman. Become a whole lesbian out here."

Mila laughs throwing her head back.

"I'm serious Mila. Men are... they're the same. I didn't even know he had a wife- or kids! I went to his place and there he was with her and then like the smart hoe I have I searched for him up. Facebook account. Father of two! That damn douchebag." Kate rants.

"Wow, how was it like dating a married man?"

"Annoying. I knew he was hiding something. I thought he was low-key gay but no, he just has a wife. Well... he can be gay though."

"Wow, Kate."

"Let's just throw the whole male population away." Kate sigh.

Mila looks down at the box of oatmeal. She wondered if she gets the blueberry oatmeal or strawberry cream one. Mila sighed and end up putting both in her cart. She rolls the cart down the aisle. Before she leaves the aisle she grabs the box of grits and gently tosses it in.

She goes in line and waits patiently. She looks ahead to the man and notices the candy section. Mila grabs a lollipop and decides to get four of them. When the man gets his bagged groceries, Mila walks to the front of the cashier. She put all her groceries on the conveyer belt.

The woman grabs her items and swipes them across the scanner. Mila moves the hood of her head. Pulling out her leopard print wallet, she waits until the woman finishes scanning her items to swipe her card. Pushing aside her hair, she put in her PIN.

"No turkey?" The woman asks.

Mila chuckles softly. "Unfortunately."

She only came to the grocery store because Kate convinced her to have thanksgiving at her place. Mila's family won't be there but most of her friends would be. A girl's night but it's thanksgiving.

Luckily she had two days to prepare for it. Enough to make her mother's secret recipe for thanksgiving food. Mila put the bagged items in her cart as the lady take the receipt out of the machine. When Mila's done the woman hands her the receipt.

Mila mumbles a thank you and push her cart away. A thanksgiving feast at her place. She just hoped everything goes well.