26

"Your place is lovely." Mila smiles as she looks around the lavish condo.

The man was tall around 6 feet. Wearing a black suit and tie. Golden tan with his messy black hair suited him. Tattoos decorate his hands and one on the side of the neck of a lion.

The condo was large with an open kitchen and a fairly large living room. It was mostly all black with a few red here and there like the appliances. They both were seated on the black leather couch with the wine glasses on the black coffee table.

"Thank you, maybe next time I can see your place."

Mila chuckles softly. As much as the man was handsome and nice she just couldn't see them going on another date after tonight. But even so, this was a good experience. Just being out of the house and enjoying some time away from a fussy and high-maintenance toddler.

"Maybe," Mila says as she takes another sip of her wine.

"So you're a painter?" The man asks Mila.

Mila shakes her head as she places her glass on the coffee table again.

"I can barely color in the lines. I'm an event planner. What about your occupation?" Mila asks him.

"Business Broker." He tells her.

"That's nice, I've always wanted to be a doctor, I worked at a hospital not too long ago but I moved and my friend found me a last-minute job."

"Do you think you ever going to become a doctor?"

Mila shrugs her shoulders as she leans back on the couch. "I don't know, maybe in the future."

"How about tonight?" The man asks with a sly smirk on his face.

Mila laughs as she turns to him. "That's a terrible pickup line. You're horrible at flirting." Mila says in between her laughs before cuffing his face.

"That was my best one." He says as their lips meet another.

Mila's eyes flutter as she lay across the king-size bed. She glances around the unknown room before sitting up. She pushes her bedside hair away from her face just as her phone begins to ring. Scrambling around the bed she looks around before finding her phone on the floor.

Picking up her phone, she places it against her ear.

"Hello?" She speaks.

"You slut, I just took Remi to daycare. Do you want me to pick her up as well, I have nothing better to do anyways." Kate sighs.

"No, I'll pick her up. I'm sorry Kate-"

"Don't worry, I hope the sex was great," Kate says making Mila chuckle.

"It was pretty good. I'll tell you the gory and kinky details later." Mila jokes.

"Freaky. Text me when you're on the way."

"Of course."

Mila chuckles softly as she hangs up the phone. She gets up from the bed and slips on her dress from last night. Grabbing her heels, she walks out of the room to hear her date's voice. She walks down the dark hall before walking down the steps only to hear more voices.

She stops at the last step as her date gets shoved onto the couch. As he raises his hands in defense, the figure walks towards him. Mila tilts her head as she squints her eyes at the figure. As she recognizes the man she drops her heels, letting him fall to the floor catching both the men's attention.

They turn to her, and they both looked at her completely shocked.

"Mila?"

Mila gulped loudly as the blue piercing eyes looked at her. Her feelings hit her like a slap across her face. As tears filled her eyes, she quickly run out of the room.

Ivan follows behind her calling out her name. She rushes to the elevator and quickly presses the button as she can hear Ivan right behind her. As the elevator doors open, she gets inside pressing the lobby button. Waiting for the door to close, she prays for it to close quickly.

Fortunately, it does just as he reach the elevator. Slamming his fists onto the steel. Mila let out a deep breath before rubbing her eyes.

"Shit!" She shouts.

Mila leans her head back on the couch. Biting her bottom lip she shakes her head. Trying to get rid of all the thoughts of Ivan from today.

"Ma!"

Mila looks down at her running toddler. Mila smiles as she picks up Remi.

"You need to stop yelling sweetie."

"Where daddy?"

Mila's eyebrows come together as she looks at Remi questioning.

"What?"

"Auntie Kate said you were finding daddy."

"Oh," Mila says as she places her hand over her heart. "Remi we don't need a daddy. We have each other."

"Ok, mommy."