31

Before you start to read this chapter
I just want to let y'all know that
I do update every week. So Ivan's Lover is updated every Saturday while my other work, Stay With Me is also updated every Saturday.

If there's no update then I'll let you guys know beforehand. And thanks for 29k reads, I appreciate y'all lmao. But seriously thanks for all the reads and votes and comments. Cus y'all be giving me secondhand embarrassment when y'all be commenting lmao, but it is funny tho.

Mila shows her clients several of the ideal wedding options she came up with. They said they wanted something modern, but also sophisticated. With their budget, it wouldn't be so hard to get exactly that.

This was almost a relaxing way to get her mind off everything that had been happening for the past few days. She was in her zone, with nothing to worry about. As much as she always wanted to be a nurse, being an event planner was almost the perfect ideal job for her. She was like her own boss and she loved it.

The couple swiped through each picture, of course, it was just a draft but they immediately fell for the second picture. It was beautiful and would look perfect with the color theme being black and gold.

Mila smiles when they told her that they would go for the second one. She nod telling them that they would have a little demonstration of how it would look next week since she didn't have nearly half the stuff in the inventory. They just smile and asks for slight replacements which Mila didn't mind at all.

After discussing with her clients for what seemed to be hours, they finally left with satisfied smiles. Mila sighs out loud as she sits on the couch pushing back her hair.

"I take it that it went well?" Her coworker ask as her black hair was put into a high ponytail.

Mila nods. "It was perfect. I think I'm going to head out early and go get some lunch. Want to come?" Mila asks her.

"As long as you pay." She says putting on her black leather jacket.

Mila let out a loud sigh before she playfully rolls her eyes. "As if you ever pay?" Mila says causing the woman to chuckle softly.

"Hi Mila, do you need some help with your groceries?" A guy asks walking up to Mila with a smile on his face.

Mila let out an exhausted sigh. She nods causing the guy to chuckle just a bit as he takes the bags out of her hands. The man happens to be 6 feet, with a black short haircut but covered with brown satin durag. He wore a nude brown hoodie with matching sweatpants. His dark brown skin, made his white teeth pop out more.

"Thank you so much, Thomas. You're a lifesaver." Mila says as the two begin walking up the complex building.

The guy shakes his head holding the bags.

"It's the least I can do for helping me with my furniture. If it wasn't for you I don't even think I would've got any furniture for the place." Thomas tells her jokingly.

"It's alright." Mila chuckles as they reach her floor.

Walking to the door, Mila takes out her keys and opens the door. Walking in they find Remi taking a nap on the couch with Kate right beside her. With a laptop on her lap and an earpiece in her ear, Kate looks up before gasping dramatically.

"Thank god, I'm fucking starving," Kate says as she watches Thomas walking in.

"I'm making spaghetti." Mila smiles as she shut the door after Thomas.

Thomas places the groceries on the kitchen counter. Mila tilts her head to the side before giving a smile.

"Do you want to stay for dinner Thomas? It's a great way for you to you know," she pauses as she gestures her head towards Kate whose attention was back on the laptop. "Get to know your neighbors better."

Thomas clears his throat before rubbing the side of his neck.

"I-I don't know."

"You're staying. Great, you can help me prepare dinner." Mila says as she grabs his hand, pulling him into the kitchen.