28

Sorry for the delay, I was experiencing writer's block, and it was pissing me off. But go ahead and cuss me out 😭

"Can you take Remi out for the day? I'll pay you." Mila asks Kate.

"You know, I want to meet guys. I always have to hide Remi just to get a number." Kate jokes.

Mila playfully rolls her eyes as she pulls out her wallet. Remi's little arms were wrapped around Kate's legs as she jumps up and down excitedly. Remi never liked daycare and was happy that she didn't have to go today. Unfortunately for Mila, she still had to pay for the week even if Remi didn't even go.

"When are you bringing her back, I'll be here until the afternoon," Mila says as she hands Kate a fifty-dollar bill.

Kate gladly takes it while pulling Remi off her legs. "Is something wrong? Don't tell me you going through depression or anything, I don't think we have enough pills or ice cream for that."

Mila shakes her head. "I uh, I'm expecting an uninvited person," Mila tells her in code.

"You mean the crazy baby daddy? Ivan knows you here and you didn't tell me?" Kate asks now being serious.

"I didn't think it was important until my date showed up at the store and told me he knows where I live. I know I'm terrible for not telling you-"

"You're not terrible. Listen I'll take out Remi until tonight. I got my keys but we're going to have a long talk about this later. I want to know everything." Kate tells her before picking up Remi.

Mila just nods as she could feel the stress on her shoulders. All she wanted to do was just hide under her comforter and hope she would never see him ever again. Maybe get the hint that they were better apart.

Kate sits on the park bench as she glances up several times to check on Remi. Her braids were put up into a ponytail with pink and white beads at the ends. She was playing outside of the sandbox since Remi hated getting sand all over.

Kate smiles softly as she pulls out her phone. She turns her phone horizontally as she takes two pictures of Remi playing. Once she's done, she sends them to Mila just to cheer her up. Knowing that she's probably at home freaking out. Which she completely understands. She would do the same thing if she had anyone like Ivan in her life.

"Which one's yours?"

Kate opens her mouth as she turns the person. The smile drops immediately as she looks at the man. His black hair was pushed back but a few strands manages to drop in front of his face. He wore black shades but his facial features were too distinctive, especially with a sharp jawline.

"Don't worry about it," Kate tells him.

Ivan smirks as he turns to her. "Why are you so hostile?"

"Did you follow me?" Kate asks crossing her arms over her chest.

"To be honest, I don't care for you or about you enough to follow you. I was on my way to Mila's house with some food. I remember how much she liked garlic bread so I bought some across the street. Then I saw you and thought we can talk for a few before I leave." He explains to her.

Kate glares at him as the smirk was still on his lips.

"Where's the food then?"

"Are you assuming that I'm lying to you?" He questions her.

"Obviously-"

"Auntie!"

Kate's eyes widen as the girl runs towards her with a smile on her face. Immediately Kate stands up and bends down to Remi who was giggling.

"Remi, you need to call me mommy." She whispers low enough for Remi to hear.

Remi giggles as she plays with the ends of Kate's box braids.

"You not my mommy silly," Remi says loud enough for Ivan to hear.

Immediately Kate facepalms. Ivan quickly stands up and grabs Kate's arm. He pulls her up and pushes her onto the bench making her gasp loudly.

"You son of-"

Another pair of hands grab her shoulder keeping her still. She looks up to see a man, full of muscles and tattoos covering his arms and neck. She groans to herself as Ivan bends down to the little girl. He tilts his head as he stares at her.

He stares at her for a little longer until his lips twitch into a wide smirk. "This just got more interesting."