13

"Fuck." Mila cursed as she slides on her shoes.

Today was the day her supervisor was coming back to work. And Mila despised her supervisor with a passion. The supervisor is a middle-aged, pale skin male. He's a neat freak, bossy, and a complete asshole. Worst of all, he's nosy.

He would like to walk around watching if everyone doing what had to be done. Not doing his work at all. But Mila dealt with it. The pay is good and as long as she didn't have to have a full-blown conversation with him then she didn't care.

Mila throws on her coat and runs to her door. She swings it open to see Ivan. Mila closes her door and walks past him. Not saying good morning, not inviting him in, barely giving him eye contact. Which made Ivan raise one of his brows. He quickly follow behind Mila who was going down the steps in a hurry.

"Mila slow down-"

"I'm getting a ride from Kate this morning and when I get off of work. You can go run off now." Mila quickly tells him as she reaches the final steps.

Ivan grabs her hand and pulls her to him. She rips her hand away from him and groans loudly.

"I'm late Ivan. What do you want?"

"I want you to lose the attitude. And then I want to know why you haven't been answering my calls."

"Because I don't need to."

Ivan's eyes narrow at Mila. His confusion was slowly turning to anger as his jaw clenched.

"Where you following me-"

"I picked up Kate from a club. I saw you there and I left it there. Because it was fucking noon and you still haven't picked it up. I have more important things to do than follow you around like a lost puppy Ivan."

Ivan chuckles darkly. He rub his jaw as Mila cross her arms over her chest. The air gets thick with tension.

"You're pissing me off."

"No, you're pissing me off. Asking idiotic questions when I just told you I'm late."

"I just want to check up."

"Last time I checked, I'm not your girlfriend, I'm hardly your friend, I'm nothing but a girl that you kissed a couple of times. I don't need you checking up on me every single day." Mila sighs rolling her eyes.

"You can't be serious?"

"Dead serious." Mila glared before turning around.

Ivan calls out her name but she walks out of her apartment complex and quickly enters Kate's car. Kate was about to speak when Mila turn to her.

"Someone looks a little feisty this morning." Kate chuckles as Ivan glare at the car. Balling up his fists he walks to his car and slams his fist down on the hood.

Mila let out a big breath.

"I just woke up a little late. Sorry if I make us late."

"Girl the way I drive, we're going to be on time."

Mila rolls her eyes as Ivan leans on her door. She pulls out her keys and opens the door. She quickly walks in and slams the door shut before Ivan can get in. She locks it just as he begins twisting the door knob. Proud that she locked it on time, she put on a victorious smile and walk to her kitchen.

Suddenly Ivan bangs on the door making her flinch.

"Mila, open the door." He says from the other side of her apartment.

"Go home, Ivan!" She shouts.

"Just fucking talk to me!"

Mila groans stomping over to the door. She places her back against the door and crosses her arms.

"Mila, just open the door."

"No, we can talk like this."

Ivan sighed as he places both his hands on the door. Slowly trying to calm down.

"I missed being with you today." He tells her angrily.

Mila bites her bottom lip. She couldn't fall for another trick like that. The 'miss you' trick that she hated. Ivan pushes his hair to the side.

"Can I see you before I leave?" He asks her.

Mila takes a while to answer. She leans her head back on the wooden door. Mila rubs her arm and pushes herself off the door. She walks to the bathroom and begins taking off her clothes. She turns the bathroom faucet on and sits down in the tub.

She sits there as the hot water fills the tub. She pulls her knees up to her chest and rests her head on her the top of her knees. Silence washed over the room.