24

Mila wakes up on the dark red velvet couch. Placed in front of the fireplace. She immediately sits up and looks around. She wasn't in Ivan's apartment. By the luxurious furniture and the grand living room she was currently in, she was taken somewhere else.

A lady walks in. Her dark brown eyes go on to Mila. She wore a black pantsuit that fitted her perfectly. Her long black hair stops just in the middle of her back. Her long acrylic nails were just as black as her pantsuit. Her tan skin gives her skin a glow.

In short, she's beautiful.

She walks over to Mila. Before Mila can speak the woman beat her to it.

"Follow me." She says before turning around.

Mila hesitates before standing up. She groans quietly as she touches her nose. She stands up and follows behind the woman. Timidly, Mila looks around. Pictures in black frames fill the walls. Most were in the black-and-white filter of a man and who she thought was his daughter. The resemblance was uncanny.

"Why am I here?" Mila asks.

Her nerves were going through the roof and she begins to fidget with her fingers but her eyes never leave the two.

"Ivan owes me money. He has a deadline and he knows better than to keep me waiting. You're just a pretty price to pay if he doesn't come on time."

"Are you serious? This again?" Mila scoffs loudly.

The first time was scary enough but the second time getting kidnapped and taken away is just chaotic. She sits down on the chair and lets out a deep breath. She couldn't keep putting her life on the line.

"How long do I have to wait until he comes in?" Mila asks him.

"He has until the sun sets. I might have fun, see this?" The man asks as he holds up a needle.
"This can paralyze you for hours, we can have some fun with this." The man smirks.

Mila gulps loudly as her eyes flicker between the man and the needle.

Mila waits long for Ivan's arrival. She looks out the window to see the sun slowly going down. The sky turned a bright red and purple. She wipes her bottom lip as the door opens. She turns her head to see Ivan holding two black duffel bags.

He places the duffel bags on the floor as Mila stands up and goes to him. He quickly grabs her hand and pulls her close to him, placing a kiss on her forehead.

"As expected, you should take better care of your girl, it's so easy to get a hold of her." The man smirks.

"Try this stunt again and I'll make sure I'll kill you before cancer does," Ivan tells him before walking them out of the mansion.

Mila follows behind him. He leaves her hand as he gets in the black truck, slamming the door shut. Mila goes to the other side and climbs inside the passenger seat. Closing her door, Ivan doesn't hesitate before driving off.

With his hands gripping the wheel tightly, he glares at the road. Mila bites her bottom lip as she leans her head on the window. Her eyes tore up before she blink away the tears. Clearing her throat, she looks over at Ivan who was too focused on the road.

"C-can you pull over please?" Mila asks him.

He doesn't talk but instead, he pulls over to the side of the road. Mila digs in her pocket as she looks over at him.

"I'm sorry." She whispers as her voice cracks.

"It's not your-"

Mila unbuckles her seatbelt before placing a kiss on his lips. He kisses her back grabbing the side of her face as their lips move perfectly together. Tears stream down her face as she injects the needle into his skin.

Immediately Ivan pushes her away from him as he takes out the needle from his neck. He looks down at the empty needle in his hands before his hands begin to twitch.

"W-what did you do to me?" Ivan asks as his hands drop the needle on the floor.

Mila wipes her eyes as she cleared her throat.

"It paralyzes the body for a few hours. This is the only way I can leave without you trying to follow me."

Ivan groans as he rests his head back. "You're going to leave me here?" Ivan asks her. His breathing getting heavier by the second.

"I... I'm breaking up with you. I'm leaving the state and you're going to find some other girl to love."

"Y-you're not serious."

"I can't live like this every day. I love you Ivan, but I can't keep doing this." Mila says as she opens the car door.

"Mila doesn't-"

She climbs out of the car and closes the door shut. She begins walking down the street, she doesn't turn around as she crosses her arms. Warming herself as she walks down the street. She let out a shaky breath while making a right turn, ignoring the constant voice in her head to turn back around.