37

"Do you like this one?" Mila asks Remi as she pushes her into the shopping cart.

"No," Remi says as her eyes were too busy playing with her toys.

Mila sighs as she places the macaroni back on the shelf before walking past. She stops shortly after seeing another brand that Remi usually eats.

"Alright, how about this one?" Mila asks her.

Remi shakes her head once again causing Mila to sigh quietly. "Can you at least look at it, ma'am?" Mila asks.

Remi looks up from her toy and smile at her mother. "I wan ice ceam." Remi says.

Mila let out a loud huff as she grabs the pack of macaroni and cheese before putting it in the cart. "What flavor beautiful?"

Remi shrugs her shoulders as Mila turns her cart around. She stop, shocked to see her sister and her brother-in-law behind her with two of their kids.

"Oh, hey Mila. I knew I heard your voice."

Mila gives her a small smile. "Hey, Michelle and Leon. Going shopping as well I see." Mila says as she slightly grips the shopping cart.

"Yeah well, we going to see mom and dad tomorrow. You should come, it will be like a family dinner." Michelle tells her.

"I don't know-"

"Oh come on, we barely see you. Plus we all would love to see Remi. I can invite my friend, his name is Trevor, he's currently single and you two have a lot in common like his girlfriend leaving him."

Mila tilt her head to the side slightly confused.

"Ivan didn't leave me, I left him. So no we don't have anything in common."

"No, I'm just saying you clearing haven't found anyone-"

"I'm not single Michelle. You can see him tomorrow for yourself. I'll be there at six." Mila tells her before walking away from them.

Grumbling under her mouth as Remi waved goodbye to her aunt and uncle.

"You're going to bring Ivan to dinner? You two only had one date and you're going to just pop up with him after two years?" Kate asks as she wipes the food off Remi's face.

Mila slams her palm over her face as she let out a loud groan.

"I know, it's terrible. I just got mad because she said he left me. Ivan did not leave me, I left him. It's a difference." Mila scoff.

"I despise your sister at times. You know what, bring Ivan and kill her with kindness."

"You're right. I'm tired of her always saying something slick to my face. The audacity." Mila says as she picks up Remi from her high chair.

Putting Remi down, she watches her go to the couch and begin to play with her dolls. Mila takes out her phone and goes Ivan's name. Last night before she can even leave the car, Ivan managed to trap her inside until he practically force her to put his number in her phone.

She didn't want to give him the satisfaction of calling him the next day after the date but she was desperate. She push aside her hair as she sent the text. Making sure he gets the point about how important it is for him to quickly come over she adds exclamation points. Three to be exact.

She waits for some time, killing the extra time by spending some with Remi before putting her to sleep. Afterward, she just sat down in the living room with Kate and talked to her. Mostly about a few of her clients and others just simple fun conversations like how pineapple on pizza is not as bad as everyone make it out to be.

They both giggles not so loud to wake up Remi who can be a light sleeper at times. The door opens causing the two girls to jump. Their worries are immediately gone when they Ivan. Unless all the other times he dressed, he wore grey sweatpants with a simple white T-shirt. He slips off his converse and closes the door as he begins to yawn, stretching his arms.

"What?" He asks in between the yawn.

"And that is my cue to leave. I'll be in your room, Mila." Kate tells her as she begins to walk away.

Mila looks back and waits until Kate is in her room to turn back to Ivan. He stands in front of the door and rotates his neck until he hears a crack.

"Thank you for coming. Sit down." Mila says as she pats where Kate once sat.

Ivan sighs loudly as he walks over to Mila. He sits down on the couch before combing his fingers through his hair. His eyes scanned around the room.

"Remember my parents and my sister?" She asks him.

"Mila just tell me what you want. I'm tired." He tells her in a snappy tone while rolling his eyes.

"Just come with me to dinner with them tomorrow. Remi will be there as well."

"No." He bluntly says as he stands up.

Mila quickly stand up and stand in front of him so he wouldn't get past. She scoffs quietly.

"No?"

"I said no. Now can you move?" He asks annoyed.

"But, what else can you be doing-"

"I'm meeting with some Russian guy tomorrow night so like I said, no. I don't really like your sister anyways-"

"I'll do anything Ivan. I'll wash all fifty-two of your cars, I'll clean your house- just please come with me." Mila slightly begs as she gives him her puppy dog eyes and a slight pout.

Ivan looks down at her and just in a blink a smirk slowly appears on his lips.

"You'll do anything?" He asks taking a step closer to her.

Mila looks up at him as her eyes widen. "If it's reasonable-"

"I'll go with you, Mila. Only, and only if I get to have you all to myself on Sunday night. Starting from seven." He tells her as he moves her hair to the side.

"It's literally Friday-"

"Exactly. You can either say yes or you can say no and I can go home. Choose wisely." Ivan says as his finger drags her cheekbone down to her neck.

Mila looks up at him and mostly at his smirk. She was doomed and she knew it.