6

Mila pours the coffee into the mug. She was happy this morning. And she didn't know why. Maybe it was last night. Dancing with Ivan. Or maybe it was because she finally got proper rest. Who knows.

It was something about Ivan. She still doesn't know him though but she doesn't mind him anymore. Driving home with him was getting better. More comfortable every time she sees him. Mila licks her lips as she takes a sip of the dark coffee.

She usually likes her coffee plain. Just black. It was something she could live with. Without any sugar or cream. Just straight black coffee. She smiles softly as she places the mug on the counter. She was happy.

Mila groans as she wraps the towel around her body. The knocking getting repetitive and annoying. Mila walks out of the bathroom with her black shower cap and goes down the hall out to the living room and opens the kitchen. She walks to her door and unlocks it.

When she opens the door wide enough to see she groans once again. Ivan gives her a wink as he leans on her doorframe.

"Hi, sweetheart. You smell wonderful." He says leaning towards her.

"Ivan, don't you have a job? A hobby? A pet? Anything else that bothers me?" Mila asks him.

"Let's just say I have my hours. Besides, I know you missed me." He smirks walking in.

Mila closes and locks her door before walking back to her bathroom. Ivan sits on the couch and leans his head back. When Mila enter the bathroom she close and lock the bathroom door and hop back in the shower. She quickly wash up because she didn't trust Ivan all alone in her house.

She turns off the shower faucet and wraps the towel around her body again. She takes off her shower cap and lets her hair drop to her back. She didn't mind if her hair get just a tad damp. Unlocking the bathroom door, she walks out and goes to her room. She closes the bedroom door and spread the lotion over her body and put on deodorant.

Afterward, she put on her pajamas which were just shorts and a plain white shirt, and grab a hair tie from her dresser. Mila leaves out her room while putting her hair up in a bun. Ivan was still on the couch but his phone pressed against her ear. Mila sits down beside him and turns to him. She sits crisscross with her legs on the couch as Ivan's eyes glance over at her.

His eyes retreat from her and rub his jaw.

"Where is he now?" Ivan ask.

Mila let her fingers run up and down her thigh. Seeing another hand reach for her skin, she flinched. Ivan's fingers touch her skin. He squeezes her thigh gently.

"I'll be there later." He sighs removing his hand away from Mila's skin.

Mila looks up at him to see his face scrunch up in confusion. From her view he was adorable. He looked so cute like a lost puppy. A lost puppy with tattoos. She snorts chuckling shortly.

He turns to her. She smiles looking back down. Ivan's fingers grip her chin. He lifts her head back up.

"Why are you laughing?" He asks completely ignoring the fact that he's on the phone.

"You looked so... cute. Like a puppy." She tells him.

Ivan scrunches his face up again making her chuckle. He drops his fingers from her chin, sighing.

"You're... acting different."

Mila's chuckles fade out. This time she was the one who was looking confused.

"What do you mean?" She asks him.

He doesn't answer her. Instead, he just looks away.

"I'll call you back," Ivan says.

He pulls the phone away from his ear and hangs up the phone. He drops his phone on the table and leans his head back. He pushes his hair to the side and turns to her.

Before he can speak Mila gasp loudly.

"I heated garlic bread." She remembers getting up from the couch.

She goes to the kitchen and looks at the counter. There were about eight that she made. At first, she wanted to make four but then she had one and decided to make a few more. She grabs the plate of food and walks back to the couch.

She sits back down and places it between them.

"You're in a good mood." He notices.

Mila takes a garlic bread and nods. "I have the day off today and I woke up on the right side of the bed. What about you? You're usually... happier than me."

"I wouldn't say happy. I would say carefree."

"Whatever." She playfully rolls her eyes.

She takes a bite out of her garlic bread. Ivan picks one up and breaks it in half. Mila swallows quickly to scoff. His eyes snap towards her.

"What?"

"You don't break garlic bread in half. You eat it how it is."

"I never had garlic bread before." He tells her.

Mila tilts her head.

"Really? It goes with spaghetti and meatballs- well in my family it goes with it."

"You have a side with your spaghetti?"

"Remind me never to visit your family with you."

Ivan chuckles as he takes a bite. Mila looks at him waiting to see a reaction. Instead, she just met with an emotionless one. He takes another bite making her sigh.

"Do you like it?" She asks.

"It's decent I guess."

"Don't bother to see me tomorrow." She tell him as seriously as she could.

He chuckles again dropping the other half of the garlic bread on the plate. He takes off his hoodie revealing a plain black shirt. Tattoos decorate his arms and neck. Mila's eyes roam from one to another.

"I like it when you're happy." He smiles softly.

Mila licks her lips as a smile comes to her lips.

"Me too."