8

Kate cursed as she drops the knife on the counter. Mila stops peeling the yams and turns to her friend. Kate sucks the blood from the tiny cut on the tip of her index finger.

"I gave you the peeler for a reason."

"I broke it like five minutes ago."

"Kate get the hell out of my kitchen."

"Gladly." Kate smiles walking away.

Kate sits down on the couch and turns on the tv. She watches the parade in New York and scoffs loudly. Mila's eyes glance up to see the tv before putting all her focus on the yams.

"Are you inviting the secret hot guy?"

Mila sigh shaking her head. She hasn't texted Ivan. Nor did he text her in the days he had been gone. Which she didn't mind. It was nothing to get upset about.

"No, and he's out of the state probably busy or something."

Kate grabs her phone and switches the channel.

"Mhm, sure Mila. Anyways, Candice coming over after she visits her parents. Joana just got off the plane and Paris is on the way right now with her turkey and greens."

"I miss Paris cooking."

"Same. That girl can cook." Kate says laying down on the couch.

Mila smiles as she finishes her pile of yams. She grabs Kate's and sighed. She can already tell that her fingers were going to get cramped up.

"You're not changing?" Kate asks as Mila put the yams in the oven.

Mila stands up and looks down at her outfit. She didn't make a mess with the clothes she had on. Which were simple mom jeans and a black sleeve turtleneck.

"Nope. I'm comfortable."

"You're making me hot with that black turtleneck."

Before Mila can open her mouth, someone knocks on the door. Mila walked past Kate and go to her door. She unlocks her door and opens it to see three women holding pans of food. Mila gasp loudly as the three women say happy thanksgiving in unison.

They all walk in and go to Mila's kitchen and set the pan of food there. Mila closes the door and goes to them. She runs and hugs them along with Kate. The five of them give one another a big hug until Kate swings her legs around on one of them and starts giving her playful kisses.

The red-dyed-haired woman laughs pulling away.

"I miss you guys," Kate says as they pull away from one another.

The three take off their coats and hang up their coats on the coat rack beside the door.

"I miss you guys too. So where's the liquor." The light brown-haired woman asks.

"It's not Paris if she's not drinking," Mila comments as she pulls out the wine and liquor from under the kitchen cabinets.

Paris smiles grabbing the bottle of vodka and smile.

"So I bought cards- which by the way I'm going to bust all of y'all asses in spades." The red-haired says walking back to her coat.

"You wish." The blonde, curly hair woman says with slight freckles across her nose.

"I swear she win one game and thinks she is invincible." Kate chuckles.